::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2004, 09:21 AM   #1
solanog

How to remove window tinting

I need to remove the tinted film from the back window (without damagin the defoger) in order to pass the annual revision. How can I remove it?
solanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:27 AM   #2
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

Use some white wall cleaner. I had some old "foggy" tint that was really bad. A friend of mine at the time who tinted windows at a shop and that's what they used, told me to use that and it worked great. Yes the defoggers still work. Don't remember what brand I used though.....
Old 05-17-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
vanagon81

ok if you want the best way here it is. this will take some time and a hot day but take any spray with ammonia in it. this will losen up the glue. spray it on the window then place a back over the window so the spray does not evaporate. now you have to do this on a hot day when the sun is out the place it in the sun for about and hour then peal away. this is the easiest if you can't get your hands on a steamer. other wise if your tint has been on for a long time you will be pulling millions of small pieces off and you don't want to do that believe me

good luck
Old 05-31-2004, 07:50 PM   #4
VRGNCD5

I had the pleasure of removing tint from my window a week ago, man it was fun I used a razor black and some "tint off" spray stuff. I peeled off as much of the film as I could, used the razor blade and spray to get the rest off. I can't wait till the next time I have to do this!!