.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Is this a no, no?

Ok girls, I'm just curious to know if you think it's alright to date your ex's friends? Me personally, I've always thought that my ex's friends were off limits because I never wanted my ex to think I was making the rounds with his friends, or that I am trying to make him jealous. Plus I'd think it would be rather awkward if we were all hanging out together. So what are your takes on the situation?

Ps. If you boys happen to stumble onto this thread, your input is also welcomed.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:10 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'd say it's a big no no

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 08:20 PM   #3
ShEaNy

omg our whole group of freinds does nothing but go out with each other..LOL one guy has been with 2 girls now currently with someone else (outsider). one girl has been with 2 guys (one currently), two others have gone out but broke up.....god theres more and we all hang out like a big family!! LOL i need new freinds......lol:o oh ya i havent touched anyone in our group i swear!!
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
ShEaNy

christ i forgot to say ITS A NO NO lol
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #5
juvenile

fff....ffriends? jfwy
Old 06-30-2002, 11:02 PM   #6
sparklingxtasy

I think it depends, if you really like one of them, i think it would be okay... just don't test out ALL of his friends... if ya know what i mean
Old 07-01-2002, 06:01 AM   #7
BottLeFedCivIc

Its a BIG NO NO!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 07:06 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Dating friends ex's is against our rules... We all have an agreement..

Because if you date a friends ex then chances are you will be around the ex and it can cause some serious problems sooner or later. Especially if the you and the ex had a serious relationship.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:32 AM   #9
bootstrap

one of my friends dated my ex, but that was only after he asked me if it was ok. I said it was ok because i dind't really have a serious relationship with her, but if i did, it WOULD NOT be ok. If your friends just like to **** each other thats cool, just as long as nothing is serious.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:14 AM   #10
90civiclxryder

as long as your friend is cool with it is ok, but if they arent its a big no no
Old 07-02-2002, 07:53 AM   #11
cutiepy701

HELL NO!!!! Personally, I thinks its just wrong, disgusting, ehg
However, you can't help who ya like, but its gotta be a pretty strong emotional attatchment, and I'd never ever do it without first asking my x. But I'd never do it anyway, so i dunno.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:19 AM   #12
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Dating friends ex's is against our rules... We all have an agreement..

Because if you date a friends ex then chances are you will be around the ex and it can cause some serious problems sooner or later. Especially if the you and the ex had a serious relationship.

It's one of my rules too. The reason I was asking is because the other night I was hanging out at a bar with some of my ex's friends, who wasn't there, and afterwards, his one friend that I had just met that night asked me and Denise if we wanted to do something the next night with him and one of his friends, who we had also just met that night, but is not friends with my ex. It's all pretty innocent, but it doesn't feel right. Given, it would be the four of us, just hanging out. What do you guys think?
Old 07-02-2002, 03:56 PM   #13
spoogenet

Hey, if you want to make it interesting, date your friend's ex. :o

b
Old 07-03-2002, 06:55 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If you are just going and hanging out as friends without your ex around.. Then I dont see that as being that big of a deal. Things will start to get shakey if things become serious. Its one thing to be friends with ex's friends, its another thing to date them..
Old 07-03-2002, 10:29 AM   #15
DsBlu01CivEX

I think I could safely say that I would never date any of my ex's friends nor any of my friends ex's. Wouldn't date my friend's ex's because most...if not all...of those realationships were on the serious to very serious side....so yah that's out. And as for my ex's friends....I just would be really really uncomfortable. Knowing me I'd probably be thinking about my ex in some manner the whole time. Like "Geez what would ____ think if he knew I was dating his friend." Or something along those lines. I think sometimes it's weird to just hang out with his friends when my ex isn't around. So to save myself the stress the friends are off limits....

I just thought of this...what if you met this guy/girl out somewhere, exchanged numbers, set up a date, went out on the date...having good conversation/time and it turns out your date is good friends with your ex. What do you do then? Like if I'm having an awesome time on the date and I am attracted to the guy...I don't wanna be like "yah I can't see you anymore cuz you're friends with my ex.". Ugh talk about stressful!!!:

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 01:52 PM   #16
spoogenet

By forfeiting the relationship you could be passing up on the love of your life. If you think it really could work out, then you're just denying yourself an opportunity.

I've heard plenty of stories where guy or girl cheats with bf/gf's best friend and eventually leads to marriage. I've even heard one where the girl married the guy's brother! While it does sound twisted, maybe the first relationship was the real mistake and the second was the best choice?

Stranger things have happened.

I'd be inclined to say it's a no-no, but it all really depends on the situation. I certainly wouldn't recommend hopping from one to another to shop around, do your window shopping first rather than relying on the return policy.

b
Old 07-03-2002, 04:55 PM   #17
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
By forfeiting the relationship you could be passing up on the love of your life. If you think it really could work out, then you're just denying yourself an opportunity.

I've heard plenty of stories where guy or girl cheats with bf/gf's best friend and eventually leads to marriage. I've even heard one where the girl married the guy's brother! While it does sound twisted, maybe the first relationship was the real mistake and the second was the best choice?

Stranger things have happened.

I'd be inclined to say it's a no-no, but it all really depends on the situation. I certainly wouldn't recommend hopping from one to another to shop around, do your window shopping first rather than relying on the return policy.

b

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 12:32 AM   #18
juvenile

Mobb'em and Robb'em!
Old 07-04-2002, 06:54 AM   #19
toykilla

Id say it depends on how serious the relationship was. If it was nothing special that and ended on good terms, then my friend can do all they want. A good friend of mine is actually dating an ex now. If it was a real serious relationship then i would kill if I ever saw a friend with that person. I also dont touch my friends sisters.
Old 07-04-2002, 12:29 PM   #20
sparklingxtasy

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla
I also dont touch my friends sisters.

Dating your friend's sister can really screw things up... my best friend dated my brother and our friendship just isn't the same.. but on the other hand, i dated some of my brother's friends (not his really close ones) and it turned out okay... just depends on the situation.
Old 07-04-2002, 01:30 PM   #21
toykilla

My friends know not to touch my sister but my sisters friends are fair game for them. I prefer older girls so they dont work out for me.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:05 PM   #22
mt.biker

Erin step away from the ex's friends!

Your just asking for trouble, when its all said and done its gonna be more trouble and stress then its worth.

there are more fish in the sea and your gonna get the rep of the girl that gets passed around
Old 07-15-2002, 11:11 PM   #23
RSX-Beats-Sex

From the male point of view, I'd say it's more of a moot point. Chances are if the relationship is over we're certain we've been maligned by the girl anyhow, so it's not even worth our while to try and hook up with the friends. On the other hand you're familiar with all his shortcomings because you've heard about her gripe about all of them before and know what to expect. If it's over it's over, nobody is really anybody's anyhow, so what the hell. Go out with him and if he sucks it didn't really hurt you anything in the long run, unless your friend still really has it in for this guy. I'd say just stick with the car, it knows you best, doesn't care who you hang out with, and loves how you make it feel. Not to mention you're more than comfortable letting it grope your ass for however long you're on the road...
Old 07-16-2002, 07:00 AM   #24
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by RSX-Beats-Sex
I'd say just stick with the car, it knows you best, doesn't care who you hang out with, and loves how you make it feel. Not to mention you're more than comfortable letting it grope your ass for however long you're on the road...

LOL!! Thats great advice..
Old 07-28-2002, 11:28 PM   #25
HoNdAaCcOrDpNaY

I think it's okei tah date ur ex's frenz as long as you ask him if he's okei wid it. if he's not okei wid it den respect his decision and he'll respect yourz, ryte?! so.. jus dun go out wid dem until he's okei wid it. kuz mah home boi did that with his fren and now they're enemies.. n datz a big NO NO.. yah kno?.. so.. jus kick back till he's kewl.. iightz.. laterz..
Old 07-28-2002, 11:52 PM   #26
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

No need to worry, I haven't heard from my ex's friend. He did however call the next night like he had said he would and asked if Denise and I wanted to hang out with him and his one friend, but I made up an excuse that I couldn't and we never got together. I haven't heard from him since. I don't think it would of been a good idea anyway. And besides, he was kind of under the influence that night anyway, and we all know we say things we don't mean when we're drunk!