Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2002, 12:05 AM   #1
xbird

alarm??starter??

hello guys, i have bought an new alarm from hong kong
i have seen the instructions, all it says it's for power lock doors for the alarm
but my car is a civic ex with no power locks, how do i hook up the wires???
there are 6 wires for the doors, help me out please !!

Also, i saw there is a wire that I need to connect to somewhere in my car that will start the car, coz this alarm comes with remote starter... help me out please !!!!!!

thanks alot !!
Old 02-25-2002, 01:48 AM   #2
BrandonClaps

the starter wire is what is used to start the vehicle and in your vehicle that wire is black with a white stripe and it's located in a brown connector above the fusebox. The door locks you won't be able to use so just tape them off. Or you can get some door lock actuators that you connect to the door lock rod inside of the door and u wire the wires into the car, through the door grommet.

hope this helps
Old 02-25-2002, 02:34 AM   #3
xbird

thanks alot for the input

i actually found out how to tap the doors wires, i need the door light wire for the alarm to work

for the starter wire, i have asked somebody, he said i need to tap that to the charge light.... is this right??
where do i find this wire??
what is the name of this wire that the helm's manual uses??
let me know

thanks
Old 02-25-2002, 10:37 AM   #4
BrandonClaps

the door wires, u should have told me u wanted input, i see yes u tap into the dome light wire. for the charge light, unless you have a diesel car you do not have one, they are usually called glow lights since you have to wait for a light to glow until you can start it. The only things you need to connect for your starter are:

Starter
12v
Ignition
Ignition2 which i don't think u have
Accessory
Tach
Brake wire

think thats it
Old 02-25-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
xbird

yes i think you are right
but what is the starter wire???
Old 02-25-2002, 03:50 PM   #6
BrandonClaps

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
the starter wire is what is used to start the vehicle and in your vehicle that wire is black with a white stripe and it's located in a brown connector above the fusebox.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:13 PM   #7
xbird

yes i found those...
but i can't find the tach wire??

and do i need to connect the BRAKE wire for it to start???
Old 02-26-2002, 12:41 AM   #8
xbird

ok.. here is what i did
my alarm has a remote starter.......
these are the wires that the alarm has
it actually has two parts
alarm:
wire to speaker (alarm)
two wires for turn lights
wire for negative
wire for positive
wire for trunk
then there are 6 wires for doors
remote starter:
wire to tachnometer
wire to parking brake
wire to something like "kill switch"?
wire to three relays which has 5 wires which are going into: 12V, ACC, 2 wires to ON, STR

Questions:
1. on the instructions it asks me to tap those 2 wires ON onto one ON wire.. but in my civic 93 EX, it has two ignition wires, should i tap both separetaly? or just tap both of them in one ignition wire?
2. for that wire to "kill switch", i am not sure what wire this is, coz it's in chinese, but i dunno how to translate it in english... but it's something like "electrical cut" then connects to the ignition coil... can somebody help me out with this?
3. here is what i did, i did hook up those ACC, ON, STR, 12V, parking brake, it didn't work... which sucks... i think the problem was that i didn't hook up the technometer wire.... is this right?
4. My alarm did work, but!!! because the alarm has the function of automatically alarm after 25 seconds, but even my car has started, it still keeps running, is that the problem of that "electrical kill" wire??
5. I have no idea why my turbo timer doens't work now... it's the same wiring like before, but it doesn't work... how come?? somebody help please !!!

i know i sound like i dunno nothing, but i do, i just dunno how to express it myself !!

thanks alot guys !!
Old 02-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well the killswitch is something that will prevent your car from being started if the alarm is still active. a lot of peeps will drive with the car away even if the alar has gone off.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:29 PM   #10
BrandonClaps

no offence man, but you just listed practically all the wires. I think you should take it to a proffesional.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:19 PM   #11
xbird

OK NOW i know how to connect the alarm and the starter wires
but now the problem is the turbo timer
how do i get both working??

thanks
Old 02-26-2002, 10:10 PM   #12
BrandonClaps

i'm not sure how a turbo timer works, but you should have gotten an alarm that utlizies the turbo timer feature.