::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2002, 04:29 PM   #1
HoOn

Eibach Pro-Kit & KYB AGX!!!

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has this setup for their cars? I just ordered mine today and I am sooo excited! I can't wait!
Old 02-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

i was thinkin the same setup, but what is the diff between the prokit and the sport or whatever the other one is? I think height, but which is which? Quality of ride? I wanna drop my car but don't want do have to get a camber kit
Old 02-22-2002, 07:59 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

The Prokits are supposed to drop around 1.3.. But after they settle, they'll be at around 1.6..

The sportline drops more.. Obviously. They'Re supposed to do 1.8, but will settle at a little more than 2.0..

The Prokits are more comfy, and can run with oem shocks.. But while you're down there, you might as well replace the shocks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catral: I dont have them on my car.. yet.. BUt I've tried them in many Accords.. You'll love them. Its not for nothing that this particular setup is so favored amongst Accord owners.

Congrats on the purchase. You'll truely enjoy them.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 08:23 PM   #4
BrandonClaps

with the 2" do u need a camber kit upfront? i'm sure i can do the washer trick....
Old 02-22-2002, 08:44 PM   #5
HoOn

Hmmm... 2" is gonna be rough on your camber. I guess you can see if you can get away with it. My original setup was 2.5" with Intrax and I definitely needed a camber kit.

When I used my Intrax people used to come up to me and compliment my drop. I got them from a local store which I thought were normal Intrax Sport Springs but in actuality were not. I just recently found out when I called Intrax and gave them the codes. It was the Super Sport Springs. hehehe So I'm sick and tired of rubbing the underside of my car so I decided to get the Eibach Pro-kits which many many people seem to love. I love the fact that the advertised 1.3" drop will eventually settle to around 1.5-1.6" which is what I really want.

Anyone know how long Springs usually settle???
Old 02-22-2002, 08:51 PM   #6
HoOn

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man

Catral: I dont have them on my car.. yet.. BUt I've tried them in many Accords.. You'll love them. Its not for nothing that this particular setup is so favored amongst Accord owners.

Congrats on the purchase. You'll truely enjoy them.

Thanks! I can't wait!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:56 PM   #7
BrandonClaps

yea i wanted a final drop of like 1.7
Old 02-22-2002, 11:37 PM   #8
munky185

My Eibach Pro-Kit and KYB AGX Shocks are sittin about 12 ft. from me in my kitchen floor as we speak I'm gettin up early in the morning to do the install. I got a spring compressor off of ebay (saved almost $40 compared to my local NAPA price!). I'm sure I'll love it when I'm finished!! If I can get ahold of a digital camera I'll post some before and after pics of the slight drop it gives me.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:24 AM   #9
BrandonClaps

autozone rents it free + i r drink
Old 02-23-2002, 02:02 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by munky185
saved almost $40 compared to my local NAPA price

did the guy actually pay you to get it from him ? it's like 20 at autozone

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 09:19 AM   #11
HoOn

Quote:
My Eibach Pro-Kit and KYB AGX Shocks are sittin about 12 ft. from me in my kitchen floor as we speak I'm gettin up early in the morning to do the install. ... If I can get ahold of a digital camera I'll post some before and after pics of the slight drop it gives me.

Good Luck Murky! Please post some How to pics! hehehe Coz Im planning on doing the install myself. On what car are you installing into?
Old 02-23-2002, 02:46 PM   #12
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
with the 2" do u need a camber kit upfront? i'm sure i can do the washer trick....

For sure..

Especially if your ride is sitting on valuable rubber.

Old 02-23-2002, 02:55 PM   #13
BrandonClaps

who installs a camber kit though?
Old 02-23-2002, 03:21 PM   #14
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Suspension or tuner shops that do suspensions...

Old 02-23-2002, 04:37 PM   #15
BrandonClaps

u know about how much they would charge?
Old 02-23-2002, 04:42 PM   #16
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Sorry Brandon.. I'm really clueless whe it comes to prices..

You could start a thread asking for it..

Old 02-24-2002, 12:56 AM   #17
munky185

Quote:
Good Luck Murky! Please post some How to pics! hehehe Coz Im planning on doing the install myself. On what car are you installing into?

I was referred to this website by many people here at hondastyle.com on how to do the install. That website, along with my Helms manual made it tons easier. I think all in all it took me 7 hours. My car is a 1995 Civic EX.

Quote:
did the guy actually pay you to get it from him ? it's like 20 at autozone

I didn't check at my local Autozone, but when I checked at NAPA, the price was $61. I ended up getting my spring compressor from ebay for $20. It worked very well.

On a final note, I am VERY satisfied with the KYB AGX/ Eibach Pro Kit combination. I have to admit I was worried about my tires rubbing the fenders on sharp turns with my 17" Enkei RS6 (38mm offset w\ 205/40ZR17 tires) but everything seems to be fine. Thanks to everybody on this forum who helped me find a site to order from and gave out advice!!
Old 03-22-2002, 08:52 PM   #18
spoogenet

Quote:

On a final note, I am VERY satisfied with the KYB AGX/ Eibach Pro Kit combination. I have to admit I was worried about my tires rubbing the fenders on sharp turns with my 17" Enkei RS6 (38mm offset w\ 205/40ZR17 tires) but everything seems to be fine. Thanks to everybody on this forum who helped me find a site to order from and gave out advice!!

How well do ya think 18's will fit? I only ask cuz that's what I'm planning on getting.....some time.

b
Old 03-22-2002, 10:57 PM   #19
BrandonClaps

See i was gonna do trhe same setup, but the rims i wanna get have a 42 offset 205/40/17 will i rub?
Old 03-26-2002, 09:01 PM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Brandon,
You can check out my site if you want. I have the Eibach sportlines paired up with KONI Yellows. www.siscom.net/~jdoles
The drop is perfect in my opinion. Though I've got the stock 15" rims on there, not 17's.