::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
sc0rch

Air ride?

I'm thinking of instead of getting the full lowering kit getting an airbag system....but the thing is...i dont like how much space it eats up...since i have a kid and need room for strollers and stuff...plus i[m deffinately not compromising the space for a system.......

does anyone know anything about um?

trying to figure out how much space its gonna eat exactly and if there is a way to hide everything
Old 05-03-2003, 11:25 PM   #2
JamieS697

i thought it just took up tunk space but i was just at hin and some shop in canada is advertising a kit for hondas thats 2500 installed
Old 05-04-2003, 01:26 AM   #3
sc0rch

well that Canada $ what about US$

i see them advertised for $999 all the time but i'm kinda sceptical
Old 05-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #4
JamieS697

yea i believe that was u.s. dollars because 2500 canadian would be like 5 bucks american!! j/m I think the ones out of the magazines are sh*t because they seem to cheap
Old 05-04-2003, 09:32 AM   #5
Mischief(LTS)

basically the compressor and stuff can fit in the trunk. as far as it taking up space for a system, not necessarily. usually, there is a piece of particle board separating the upper portion of the trunk, from the part that houses the spare tire and the jack and stuff. what has been done, and what i agree with is (if you have AAA and dont really ever wana change the tire yourself) you can just ditch the spare tire and tools all together and mount the compressor and stuff in there. and then, you will have the regular amount of trunk space to do whatever you want with. AKA custom sound box, regular two sub enclosure, etc. and depending on the box size, some spare room left over for whatever.. personally, with kids and things like that, i would reccomend adjustable coilovers. unless you plan on going full show, there isn't any real good reason to get air rides. they weigh the car down and take up space.

actually, now that i think of it, i dont reccomend lowering the car at all. kids wont be able to handle the bumpy ride... have trust in what i have said... lol
Old 05-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #6
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

I would really like to get an air ride system. That is because I live down a freakin' dirt road. They have done some work to it over the years and it has gotten a lot better, but it would be awesome to have an air ride. I would lift it up to go down my dirt road, and would be able to drop it down to ride around town and stuff. Since I live a dirt road, that has overruled my thinking of lowering my car. I can't afford an air ride, so I'm stuck
Old 05-04-2003, 02:25 PM   #7
sc0rch

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
basically the compressor and stuff can fit in the trunk. as far as it taking up space for a system, not necessarily. usually, there is a piece of particle board separating the upper portion of the trunk, from the part that houses the spare tire and the jack and stuff. what has been done, and what i agree with is (if you have AAA and dont really ever wana change the tire yourself) you can just ditch the spare tire and tools all together and mount the compressor and stuff in there. and then, you will have the regular amount of trunk space to do whatever you want with. AKA custom sound box, regular two sub enclosure, etc. and depending on the box size, some spare room left over for whatever.. personally, with kids and things like that, i would reccomend adjustable coilovers. unless you plan on going full show, there isn't any real good reason to get air rides. they weigh the car down and take up space.

actually, now that i think of it, i dont reccomend lowering the car at all. kids wont be able to handle the bumpy ride... have trust in what i have said... lol

I've already relocated the jack and put my amp down there in that big open space......

reason i wanted the bags is cause they are cheeper...have a better ride than coilovers (atleast thats what i'm told) and my daughter goes to sleep on bumpy roads......

I thought about AAA but i didnt know if i took the spare out and they came to help if they would bring another spare or something...or ***** cause i took mine out
Old 05-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #8
ShEaNy

it would just take up some space in the trunk..and the hoses where ever they run them through....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:51 AM   #9
Mischief(LTS)

air bags cheaper than coilovers? i guess that depends on how sophisticated you want coilovers to be. you can get dropzone cheap ass ones for like 100 bux on ebay.... air rides, especially on newer civics i hear are a pain in the damn ass to install
Old 05-05-2003, 02:36 AM   #10
sc0rch

the strut and coilover kit are expensive....neuspeed kit for all 4 replacement struts and coilovers are like $1300

the air ride is $1000 i know its only $300 but shit if i can adjust the ride from the car i'd be happy....but if i could find a full kit of something like neuspeed i'd get that instead
Old 05-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #11
ShEaNy

there should be fully adjustable coil over kits for under a grand...not sure brand names...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

i would say go with adjustable coilovers, they would be a hell of a lot easier to install. and take up less space