.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2002, 10:51 PM   #1
FeelMyRide

What do you believe?

Today at work we got onto the topic if more sexual experience is better than being a virgin until marriage. Now mostly the girls and 1 brave guy (under 25 and not in serious relationships) said that they wanted to remain virgins until they found the person they were going to marry OR they regretted losing their virginity already. Yet most of the guys (in their late 20's to early 40's who are married) said they think it is better for both a guy AND a girl to have different sexual experiences before getting married. Sort of a way to let you know what kinda person you are marrying. I personally don't know which way I go with this and I am just curious to see what other people around my age believe.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:40 PM   #2
mylittlecivic

Im saving mine i believe that it's something special that you and the man you love should experience, but sometimes i feel like im missin out then i think of all the sht that could happen if i was active, like my sister got pregnant when she was 16 im not letting that happen to me...

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 09:13 AM   #3
Honda_Gurl

i believe that God created sex for marriage, and marriage only...
Old 05-17-2002, 09:56 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im not going to lie to you... Sex is fun!

But I personally think it most ways it is better to wait until you are married. Cause lets be honest, before you have had sex for your first time you dont think about it near as much. Afterwards its constently flooding your mind. Not to mention, its so much harder if the relationship doesnt work out and you have already had sex with that person.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:14 AM   #5
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I think it's ok to have sex before you're married, but I believe you should be in love and feel comfortable with that person before hand. Sex is a very intimate and personal thing and you should share it with someone you can trust. And if that time doesn't come until your married, then that's cool too!
Old 05-17-2002, 10:51 AM   #6
diesel_uk

"If the grass is green,Game on"

"If it bleeds, It's ready to Butcher"

Old 05-17-2002, 12:25 PM   #7
Mushroom

I don't think there's anything special about sex. It's just sex. More fun and meaningful with the right person, of course, but a relevant part of growing up and understanding yourself, self-confidence and your interactions with others regardless.

I don't subscribe to the suggestion that one should wait for marriage, because I don't think everyone should get married. 2 mature people with true self-understanding can commit to each other or a family without a ceremony of piece of paper from the government.

Caveat: most people are immature and never develop a true self-understanding. These people should probably get married if they're going to have kids, and should hold off sex until then if they can't handle it otherwise.

IMHO...
Old 05-17-2002, 01:29 PM   #8
civic_north

I believe sexual experiences are important. You can be physically attracted to someone....connect at a spiritual level, but when if you wait until you are married to have intercourse and find that the compatibility is not there then you become bored and then divorce. Sometimes you can have sex and find out that there is not a spiritual connection. I'm not saying have random sex but use it to help your relationship to know that the person you are with is the one you want to be with at 80.

Just thoughts
Old 05-17-2002, 01:44 PM   #9
DsBlu01CivEX

I don't necessarily think that it has to wait until marriage. But I do think that you should hold out for the right person. So many people have bad experiences their first times (from what I've heard...I personally wouldn't know). Your first should be someone that you feel completely comfortable with and you have to trust that person. The person shouldn't be pushy and should respect your decisions regarding sex. I've only found one guy like that, that I have dated...and I'm glad I didn't since he is in no way ready to be in a relationship with me or any other girl.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 04:40 PM   #10
LudeBitch

I think that if you're comfortable with the person and in love with them, then it's ok. I made the mistake of sleeping with a guy that I thought I was in love with and I thought he was in love with me, but he just basically used me for sex. Didn't really think much of it then, but i really regret it now.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #11
4jacks

I really truly regret everything I ever did before I meet my Wife, I really struggled with the topic, I'm not saying I was a Whore.... but i'm not saying I wasn't.. I was really thrown off from the fact that the Bible doesn't clearly state "Don't have sex till your married" It's in there, it's just not flat out said. I looked for it... and I let myself believe that it was OK to have sex before marriage.. and I truly truly truly regret it. I wish I never even kissed a gurl before my wife.

And sex is so much better when your married, ppl that use that saying.. gotta try on the shoe to make sure it fits are completely wrong, if that were true, the only nice shoe, would be REALLY Experienced partners.. and no one wants to marry someone that got around.

Sex is great, but its a lot of work and it takes a lot of comunication. If the two of your are open about what you like and dislike, and are willing to try what the other one wants to try then sex will never get better.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 10:54 PM   #12
juvenile

never had sex. really wanted to at one point.
mt.biker made me seem some thought about not having it.
still have alot of wishes...dont' know if I actually will if the opportunity arises.
Old 05-19-2002, 05:45 PM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
I really truly regret everything I ever did before I meet my Wife, I really struggled with the topic, I'm not saying I was a Whore.... but i'm not saying I wasn't.. I was really thrown off from the fact that the Bible doesn't clearly state "Don't have sex till your married" It's in there, it's just not flat out said. I looked for it... and I let myself believe that it was OK to have sex before marriage.. and I truly truly truly regret it. I wish I never even kissed a gurl before my wife.

And sex is so much better when your married, ppl that use that saying.. gotta try on the shoe to make sure it fits are completely wrong, if that were true, the only nice shoe, would be REALLY Experienced partners.. and no one wants to marry someone that got around.

Sex is great, but its a lot of work and it takes a lot of comunication. If the two of your are open about what you like and dislike, and are willing to try what the other one wants to try then sex will never get better.

Im really with you one this one 4Jacks..
Old 05-19-2002, 06:49 PM   #14
bootstrap

Its all about the person. I know guys who have slept with over a 100 girls and i'm sure they don't care at all. But in my opinion sex is ok if your in a meaningful relationship (or at least you think you do wheny our in highschool). The gf i'm currently with had sex with her bf's, and she had other "sexual experiences" with a few other random people. Those few random people are what bother me most, and her too. So if you actually care, at least wait until your in a relationship, and not one of those dumb highschool relationships where everybody is liike "i wuvvv uuuuu" when they're just stupid highschool kids.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:23 PM   #15
juvenile

Not everyone is like that!
Old 05-20-2002, 09:39 AM   #16
Duff Man

Sex is just sex. Regardless of ones opinion, sex shouldn't have an extream affect on your life. If you want it but can't get it, don't let it become this huge issue where your thinking about it 24/7. If you believe in selebicy (
Old 05-20-2002, 10:36 AM   #17
Honda_Gurl

true, there are a lot of people who don't believe in the Bible... sad but true

i wish i had my Bible here with me, I could give you the verses where it clearly states no sex before marriage...not in those exact words, but it says no sex OUTSIDE of marriage, which is the same thing.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:56 AM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think you shouldn't wait for sex to happen only after marriage, but i think you should wait for that special someone.

Sex is liker a card game. If you don't have a partner then you should have a damn good hand

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #19
Duff Man

Quote:
Originally posted by Duff Man
Sex is just sex. Regardless of ones opinion, sex shouldn't have an extream affect on your life. If you want it but can't get it, don't let it become this huge issue where your thinking about it 24/7. If you believe in selebicy (
Why the hell didn't the rest of my text show up??
Old 05-20-2002, 09:10 PM   #20
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i think you shouldn't wait for sex to happen only after marriage, but i think you should wait for that special someone.

Sex is liker a card game. If you don't have a partner then you should have a damn good hand

lol hahahahaha
Old 05-20-2002, 09:30 PM   #21
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
true, there are a lot of people who don't believe in the Bible... sad but true

i wish i had my Bible here with me, I could give you the verses where it clearly states no sex before marriage...not in those exact words, but it says no sex OUTSIDE of marriage, which is the same thing.

I'll bet you Five dollars.. YOU CAN'T ... Trust me I've looked... it all says immorality or some other junk... NIV anyway

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
ya know what bro, i couldnt have said it better myself. Problem is bro not everyone believes in teh bible.

yea... but the question was what do YOU believe.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 05-20-2002, 11:23 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

how many people are still believing in Bible ? i for one i never stepped inside a church for like 3 years now. i'm not the religious person.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 01:59 AM   #23
bootstrap

religion is for sheep... your all sheep... BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but to stay on topic, sex is not just sex. Well, it can be, but thats not what its for, regardless, you do you
Old 05-21-2002, 10:10 AM   #24
Honda_Gurl

4jacks, i'll get back to u on that one... i need to get my Bible first

and i'm not a religious person either, i just love my Lord...
Old 05-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #25
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
religion is for sheep... your all sheep... BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well given the choice of a sheep or an ape...

BAHHHH

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
4jacks, i'll get back to u on that one... i need to get my Bible first

gesh... where do you keep your bible... at church ??? jfwy

Happy Honda'ing
Old 05-24-2002, 08:55 PM   #26
spoogenet

The proverbial "right person" is an unknown quantity that can only be defined in the end, the present is redefined in the future.

Hindsight is 20/20.

b
Old 05-24-2002, 11:59 PM   #27
spoogenet

I get lots of feelings inside of me, but I don't think gas is related to love. :o

You are assuming that your feeling inside is somehow linked to some mystical principle of the "right person." Perhaps it is, perhaps it's not....better call Miss Cleo to be sure.

No matter what feeling inside you get, or how much you learn from the past, you never really know it's right until the end.

How many people on here have "known" that they were in love only to later find out it's not true?

b
Old 05-25-2002, 07:42 AM   #28
4jacks

When you get a feeling that says... I need to ask this gurl to marry me..... You'll know. And it's not gas.. that comes afterwards

And yes.. you best ask someone who knows for sure.. but it sure aint Miss Cleo.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 05-25-2002, 02:44 PM   #29
FeelMyRide

I don't believe in "the feeling" whether it's the "right" person for sex or the person you want to share the rest of your life with. I really don't care who you are or how many times you've been in a relationship but love and lust are tightly wound together and a "feeling" always ties into lust. The "feeling" is an emotion and you cannot react of an emotion alone. You have to not feel it but KNOW it. If you know you are in love then Yes you also experience the feelings associated with love. People need to prove their love and even sometimes you know they love you and they still do you wrong. So whats that saying? Take your chances if your love is true then congrats and if it's not get over it??
Old 05-25-2002, 11:21 PM   #30
juvenile

FMR what's up with you and those different pics of that actor dude (sorry about the OT question)
Old 05-26-2002, 12:11 AM   #31
FeelMyRide

Him and my 300zx TT are all I need
Old 05-26-2002, 05:15 AM   #32
4jacks

That dude was soo funny in the very first SCREAM ... when he was like "YOUR GOING TELL MY PARENTS AREN'T YOU?" I was just dying... but anyway... he's kinda dorky.. its odd you like him soo much... but Hey I'm dorky too...

Anyway Love and lust are two completely different things.. I can tell you this cuase I really love my Mom........ I don't think I need to expand there. I can see how some people may mistake lust for love... but if you step back and view your situation and use your head... you will see.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 05-26-2002, 11:24 AM   #33
FeelMyRide

Family love is love.. you are born into a family and they are yours. I'm talking about outside love. The kind you go out and expose yourself to. Too many times people mistake lust for love and do things they normally wouldn't do and then regret it later.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:12 PM   #34
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I don't believe in love at first sight, but lust at first sight, yes. I can honestly say I was in love with my first boyfriend and still am. Every time I think about him, I get this feeling inside. It's a good feeling and it makes me happy. I don't really ever see him anymore, but when I do, I get that feeling similar to butterflies in your stomach. I do agree with you guys that a lot of people confuse lust with love. Especially the younger generation.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:29 PM   #35
FeelMyRide

Its off topic but Erin I love Office Space!! I read you signature and just started laughing Peter, hows it going? Yeeeeeaah I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow and also sunday.. there have been some cutbacks and we have to play catch-up.. Greeeeeat

Anywho yeah love at first sight is based all on physical appearance thats total lust.. but even after knowing someone, some people still can't distinguish between the 2 and its just sad.
Old 06-13-2002, 02:34 PM   #36
Slider

Well, I don't know how old you are, but I'm 25 and am still a virgin. I've had *cough* semi-sexual experiences, just haven't had sex yet.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:37 PM   #37
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Slider
Well, I don't know how old you are, but I'm 25 and am still a virgin. I've had *cough* semi-sexual experiences, just haven't had sex yet.

Yay someone for me to relate too!! hehe

Love takes time to build up. I don't think that you can just look at someone and see how they act and say "Yep I'm gonna love that guy/girl for the rest of my life." Sure stranger things have happened...but I highly doubt that phenomenon is going to happen to me. You need more than physical appeal to make a relationship work and sure I might love a way a certain guy looks...but who's to say I'm going to be able to fully trust him, have a good convo with him, be able to relate to him etc etc. Too many people rush into things and end up miserable. Ya know...there is NOTHING wrong with being single.

Old 06-13-2002, 08:58 PM   #38
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX

Yay someone for me to relate too!! hehe

Love takes time to build up. I don't think that you can just look at someone and see how they act and say "Yep I'm gonna love that guy/girl for the rest of my life." Sure stranger things have happened...but I highly doubt that phenomenon is going to happen to me. You need more than physical appeal to make a relationship work and sure I might love a way a certain guy looks...but who's to say I'm going to be able to fully trust him, have a good convo with him, be able to relate to him etc etc. Too many people rush into things and end up miserable. Ya know...there is NOTHING wrong with being single.

wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt? being single myself i can say this-
being single sucks!
I must admit i'm much happier now then i was with my last gf but in the right relationship i would be much happier then i am now, all alone. Sure you dont have the restrictions that an unhealthy relationship brings but a good relationship (i'm guesing here never had one) shouldn't hold you back like most do. I think most people dont find themselves in a healthy relationship because they end up dating someone for the wrong reasons whatever that might be; a need they want filled.
Guys get pegged with wanting a relationship for sex (not always true) and the girls they find to fill that need bring their own wants to the relationship, often to be controlled, or to control. Often a girl who ends up sleeping with a guy without knowing him just wants to be loved. For some reason in her past she hasn't been, i know of one girl (havent seen her in 2years) who told me she just liked to be help afterwards. I was shock, she slept with a guy just for the holding afterwards. Twisted huh?

well thats what happens when people dont have a good upbring, not to say you can't have a good relationship if you have a rocky childhood just its made harder because you have to figure out whats right and wrong in a guy/girl relationship.

wow my 200 cents there
Old 06-13-2002, 11:55 PM   #39
Slider

I agree. There's nothing wrong with being single. In fact, I favor it over being in a relationship.
Old 06-14-2002, 05:50 PM   #40
DsBlu01CivEX

I don't know that I favor being single over being in a relationship or not...I enjoy both. But if being single means that I'm not going to get hurt...then by all means let me be single.

as for the sleeping with a guy to be held afterwards thing isn't so far off base. Yah sure I don't know too many girls that will go that far to be held...but girls like to be held. It gives them a sense of security and love. Granted it may end up being a false sense...but at least for that time being it is. Some girls won't admit to it...but we all enjoy it. Some just do more than others.