::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2002, 08:05 PM   #1
max

tricks?????

does anyone have any tricks for an H22 honda prelude to make it faster? I'm on the way of getting DC headers, ceramic or steel???? what is a resanator????and why do people remove it??? i have cold air intake and 3.5 inch cat back exhaust. i am very interested in anyone who can tell me anything about the H22 engine or the 98 and up prelude so e-mail me if you can write anything about it... thanks type R...
Old 01-25-2002, 11:57 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, the h22 engine is great, the 93-01 prelude vtec's all share the same engine basicaly. the resinator is removed in order to fit the cold air intake on. 3.5 inch cat back exaust is HUGE much too big for a naturaly aspirated car. i think 2.5 or MAYBE 3 would be the biggest you sould go. the headers will be a ncie gain, i dont know anyone who is dissapointed with a header. i would recommend ceramic, because the polished steel will discolor with heat and time. what more would you like to know about the engines.... BTW, welcome to the board

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 02:21 AM   #3
max

thanks 4thgeneration

what would be the next step after headers?i was thinking about AEM pullies and fuel rail and bigger fuel injectors.Thanks for the welcome. if there is anything else you can tell me about preludes i would like to hear it or other hondas in general.what state are you in?
Old 01-26-2002, 09:25 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i wouldnt worry about injectors yet, your engine dosnt need the fuel yet. the aem pullies would be a good mod, i have em.... they just arnt on yet. um, maybe some suspension parts would be a ood idea, or if you just want performance, and you have i/h/e done, you could look at a lightened flywheel/clutch combo. if you wana turbo your car... start saving, but if your going to keep the engine naturaly aspirated, then i'd say start to save for some cams valves port and polish etc. thats where you start to get some real power.

Old 01-26-2002, 09:50 AM   #5
max

Florida huh? do you do alot of street racing down there? Clutch? i have a sport shift .... no cluthch. do you have any other pic of your car? i have video of our illegal racing out here in AZ. i'll try to get it on here. thanks for all the advice
Old 01-26-2002, 02:54 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

check the photoexchage fourm on this site. i have alot in there, just look for my user name, the thread titled "new pics with my new digi cam" or look in the post here... "everyone post your cars" my car is the first post(s) in both so it should be easy to find.