.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2002, 06:24 AM   #1
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Need Advice??? Preferrably From the Females....

I'm a little lost... I've been divorced for a year n a half now and have not dated since...don't know why, guess I really just didn't want to deal with it...especially since I was the one that got hurt ...anyway, I've been going out alot and hittin' up the clubs but it seems like I'm in one giant slump....any advice???
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:48 AM   #2
bootstrap

take that ***** to the cleaners!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:27 AM   #3
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I can kind of relate, although I'm not recently divorced. My social life consists of clubs and bars, but I've found that those aren't exactly the best places to meet potential people to date. A lot of the people that go to clubs and bars are looking to "hook up" for the night, and there's only a small percentage of people, like me, who go to have fun and meet quality people. So where is the wonderful place to meet people to date? Got me!....I'm still looking! Although, I have found some light at the end of the tunnel. I've had some luck meeting people through friends or friends of friends and so on. And even if it doens't turn into anything, you at least broaden your social circle!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:36 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have to agree with erin on this one. i haven't been into clubs and bars too much, altough i'm 22. i work a lot for bars doing valet parking, and i get too see a lot of ppl, so i don't see a lot of ppl that are going to look for a long lasting relationship.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 11:49 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If I were you I would just let it pass. Take it slow and enjoy life. You'll find the right woman when you least expect it. Which means, itll probably be the last place youd ever expect to find someone. Bars, and clubs IMO arent good places to find other someone in. People tend to go to those places with "a mask" on so to speak, trying harder to pick someone up then just be themselves.

None of that probably made any sense.. Sorry.. Im tired today.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:08 PM   #6
Lncl23

yeah, going to clubs and bars to me are temporary fixes. you should enjoy life! do the things that you have always wanted to do, just have fun and be happy with who you are. racing rice is right, you'll find that someone when you least expect it. and what better places to find ms. right than some place you guys have in common. just relax have a good time and don't try too hard to find someone. all good things come to those who wait.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:00 PM   #7
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Whiteclipse & Hondaman - thanks for the advice....I guess you guys told me what I already knew but needed to hear from someone else....

Racing Rice, I know what you're saying....I'll just invest my time for now in fixing up the Accord

And bootstrap, what the hell are you talking about???
Old 09-30-2002, 09:03 PM   #8
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

oh, Lncl23....forgot to mention you.....thanks. Appreciate what you said........
Old 09-30-2002, 09:25 PM   #9
DsBlu01CivEX

Yah seeing as though I always hang out with Whiteclipse, I have pretty much the exact same thing to say as her. Although I think it is possible to find quality people that go to clubs/bars....you just gotta "look" harder for them. One thing I do have going for me is my college courses. The thing that sucks is if I date anyone from my school I'd have to drive 45 mins to see them. Eh...if they're worth it though I don't mind.

Just hang in there and don't sweat the not dating since you got divorced thing. I never go on dates and I'm 21. Sure it gets really old but I have a blast hangin out with all of my friends and livin my life how I want to. I know my day will come....just gotta be patient and so will yours.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 09:56 PM   #10
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
You'll find the right woman when you least expect it. Which means, itll probably be the last place youd ever expect to find someone.

What if you find that woman at work and she's already married? Rhetorical question, of course.

I'm not huge into the bar/club scene. I know a couple people who have gotten married and met their spouse at a bar/club, but I consider them an extreme exception to the rule. I've never really met anybody at a bar/club.....but then again, I don't meet anybody anywhere, so I guess it doesn't mean a lot coming from me.

Not to reiterate what others have said, but sit back, relax, be yourself and enjoy life. Hey, it's worked for me....I'm 24 and have been single for almost 2 years.

b
Old 09-30-2002, 11:11 PM   #11
bootstrap

try not to look to hard, but when you find something don't let it get away
Old 10-01-2002, 12:25 AM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by bootstrap
try not to look to hard, but when you find something don't let it get away

I was still trying to figure out what you were saying about the cleaners thing but thanks...

As for Spooge, hey..I know what you mean...I can take it one step more...what happens when find someone that you would think would be perfect for you and it's your friend's wife? And she starts showing interest in you?? that's already happened to me and I couldn't bring myself to do anything about it either way

I think I'm just gonna take everyone's advice and let things happen naturally.......
Old 10-01-2002, 12:49 AM   #13
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle

And bootstrap, what the hell are you talking about???

Noone ever knows what he's talking about!

Yeah I think you should just relax for awhile and you'll meet the perfect girl probably in the place you least expected it! if you keep working on that accord they'll be flockin to you

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:22 AM   #14
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
Noone ever knows what he's talking about!

Quote:
if you keep working on that accord they'll be flockin to you
Old 10-01-2002, 10:35 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet

What if you find that woman at work and she's already married? Rhetorical question, of course.

b

Umm.. could be... But could also be a lot of trouble.. Be very careful if you find your self in this situation. Crazy Husbands or husbands friends chasing you isnt a good thing.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:35 AM   #16
cutiepy701

Ever think of trying a dating service??? I know it sounds creepy, but you can meet a lot of cool people on those things, not even relasionship wise, but also friends....Its worth a shot.....just make sure they aren't crazy
Old 10-30-2002, 05:36 PM   #17
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepy701
Ever think of trying a dating service??? I know it sounds creepy, but you can meet a lot of cool people on those things, not even relasionship wise, but also friends....Its worth a shot.....just make sure they aren't crazy

I don't know about that cutiepy....almost seems like that's a desperate way to go........

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 10-30-2002, 08:48 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

dam i had to go back and re-read this whole thread....I forgot what it was about:o

Thinking about using a dating service gives me the creeps . I don't know about them......I'd agree with the desperate comment as well...

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #19
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
......I'd agree with the desperate comment as well...

yeah and I don't think I'm at the point yet

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 11-01-2002, 09:47 AM   #20
Accordchick

dude just have fun and party and a girl will come eventually...plus you have a fixed up accord!? you have nothing to worry about i am sure.....so that's that
Old 11-01-2002, 09:13 PM   #21
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Accordchick
dude just have fun and party and a girl will come eventually...plus you have a fixed up accord!? you have nothing to worry about i am sure.....so that's that

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1
Old 11-04-2002, 04:24 PM   #22
cutiepy701

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
I don't know about that cutiepy....almost seems like that's a desperate way to go........

Just a suggestion....anything is possible I guess.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:26 PM   #23
mt.biker

my parents meet over a dating service and they've been married for 20years and been together another 7-8ish on top of that. Just depends how honest you are when you fill out that form
Old 11-04-2002, 05:30 PM   #24
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Really? Wow Rob, that's cool.....it just seems like these days you have to watch out for stuff like that because you could think that you be getting a normal person and then she turns out to be a serial killer or something

Quote:
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:

Anna Fan Club Member #1