::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2002, 05:37 PM   #1
hondabob

Wires and Plugs?

Nology wires or NGK? Nology=$140, NGK=$50. Are the Nology wires better or are they overpriced. What about plugs. I have read that when getting plugs, I should get "colder plugs"? What exactly does this mean. Also, does anyone know where I can get these plugs and wires? I have a '96 Civic Ex. Thanks
Old 03-11-2002, 05:45 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Personally, I'd wait to upgrade the wires until you get a whole new ignition. How modified is your car right now?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 05:48 PM   #3
hondabob

Only have I/H/E, but will soon get a new Ignition system. Holly or MSD (haven't decided yet, any suggestions?).
Old 03-12-2002, 08:06 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Stock wires are NGK.. If your going to get new wires go with NGK.. They work great especially for the money.. You probably dont even need new wires unless they are old. I wouldnt get colder plugs until after you get some sort of FI. Your car in its NA form will run much better with hotter plugs. Just get the Copper NGKs for that too. Theres really no reason not to yet. NGK coppers are only about 8-10$ a set.

Call www.coximports.com for the NGK stuff.. its 55$ for the wires and 8$ for the plugs.. Their sevice is great too. I think they even have free shipping too.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:36 PM   #5
BrandonClaps

are the ngk platinums bad? i just bought some from napa cause i needed new plugs cause my old ones looked horrible and didn't wanna wait for delivery of em.
Old 03-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Wires and Plugs?

Quote:
Originally posted by hondabob
Nology wires or NGK? Nology=$140, NGK=$50. Are the Nology wires better or are they overpriced. What about plugs. I have read that when getting plugs, I should get "colder plugs"? What exactly does this mean. Also, does anyone know where I can get these plugs and wires? I have a '96 Civic Ex. Thanks

First, get the NGK wires. They are very well built (ask RR how his Vitek wires held up ).

Second, don't get a colder plug unless you are running nitrous or FI. A colder plug has a shorter ceramic insulator cone and doesn't absorb the heat as well. This meaning that the tip stays at a lower (colder) temperature. A hotter plug is the exact opposite. Buy the NGK V-Power plugs. You won't gain anything from platinums except a lighter wallet.

Third, www.coximport.com. Great customer service and fast shipping.

Good luck.....
Old 03-14-2002, 11:27 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the v-powers are 12 a set, and if u look on ebay you get ngk wires for 30 or so. look for a guy called nghia thai. he seells the wires for 26 or so.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 09:32 AM   #8
seanjuan

hey, I'm thinking about changing my screen name to OldPostResurector.....

anyway, I'm wondering about the nology wires as well. I'm going to be getting a B16a pretty soon and want to pick up a few extras while I temporarily blind myself and empty my wallet. Are the nology wires really worth $150? or is there a place they can be found for less?

has anyone put them in and noticed a difference? with or without an upgraded ignition?

here's an ignition question. I read that the MSD ignition makes a "ticking" noise. can that be heard if the box is mounted in the engine bay? can it be insulated?

thanks guys
Old 06-24-2003, 09:38 AM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by seanjuan
hey, I'm thinking about changing my screen name to OldPostResurector.....

anyway, I'm wondering about the nology wires as well. I'm going to be getting a B16a pretty soon and want to pick up a few extras while I temporarily blind myself and empty my wallet. Are the nology wires really worth $150? or is there a place they can be found for less?

has anyone put them in and noticed a difference? with or without an upgraded ignition?

here's an ignition question. I read that the MSD ignition makes a "ticking" noise. can that be heard if the box is mounted in the engine bay? can it be insulated?

thanks guys

No they aren't worth $150. Spend $79 and get Magnecors. Or just get some NGK wires.

Yes it makes a ticking noise. And no you won't hear it from the engine bay.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:17 PM   #10
nonovurbizniz

who does nology's advertising????

I've never seen a company with such a shitty reputation get SOOO many people wanting to use their parts...
Old 07-07-2003, 08:20 AM   #11
seanjuan

it's like diamonds.... do you think as many people would wear them if you could buy them at a gas station?

expensive + looks different/cool = don't need advertising
Old 07-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict

Yes it makes a ticking noise. And no you won't hear it from the engine bay.

i can't hear any ticking noise comming from the ignition.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote