::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Supercharger
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
espionage

Supercharger Questions!!

Sometime during the summer I plan on getting either the Jackson Racing or Vortech Supercharger (not sure which). What all would I need to buy to add on to the engine or upgrade that doesn't come with the kit. Could I easily add around 100 ponies?

Thanks!

NOTE: I probably will not be installing the kit.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:52 PM   #2
DRAG Boosted Si
The Grim Reaper

u are going to need Cam Gears, to retard the boost, fuel pump, injectors and a fuel rail....im pretty sure that the Vortech comes with a Fuel Pump but for extra horsepower like the turbo ...u can upgrade your internals to run higher boost and to get a boost up-grade kit, lighter pulleys, headers, exhaust, ignition system, reprogrammed ECU, theres probably more things u still can add to a Supercharger
DRAG Boosted Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

Re: Supercharger Questions!!

Quote:
Originally posted by espionage
Sometime during the summer I plan on getting either the Jackson Racing or Vortech Supercharger (not sure which). What all would I need to buy to add on to the engine or upgrade that doesn't come with the kit. Could I easily add around 100 ponies?

Thanks!

NOTE: I probably will not be installing the kit.
what kind of car? JRSC kit is a straight bolt-on system. it will not require you to add anything, however you will not get 100hp extra at 6 psi. gotta change the pulleys tho. then you'll need internal upgrade, walbro fuel pump, and maybe a new clutch depending on how much you're planning on boosting....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:19 PM   #4
espionage

95 Civic EX

Thanks for your replies.

Should I go SC or TC?
Old 01-18-2002, 09:47 PM   #5
DRAG Boosted Si
The Grim Reaper

from what I already know...the supercharger's power is costant because it runs off your crank therefore you will always have the power off the start but where the supercharger lacks is in the long run...superchargers power fall off around when it starts getting into the higher RPM band and this is where the turbocharger takes charge....with a turbocharger, you might not have a powerfull low end power but the turbocharger keeps making power in the higher RPM level therefore having domination over anytype of bolt on
DRAG Boosted Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:35 PM   #6
SiSpeed2000

and it also depends on how much you take care of your car...cause if you go with a TC that is much more maintenance and care for the car but if you take care of the car and keep on top of the oil changes you should be good to go...IMO nothing compares to the sound of a turbo...I am still stuck what I am going with too...it will most likely be a turbo cause you have more boost to play with on a turbo kit...
Old 01-21-2002, 08:24 PM   #7
JRSCgirl

I have the Jackson racing supercharger for about 6 year now i add it at 6 psi for 4 year and since this summer i'm at 12 psi now and i love it ,go for the Supercharger you'll love it
Old 01-21-2002, 08:36 PM   #8
SiSpeed2000

hey i guess everybody has their own thing...
Old 01-26-2002, 07:28 PM   #9
thermal
Banning Machine

i'm not here to talk bad about Superchargers....i promise. and to be honest, i almost went to the JRSC route. i did all the research to it and i came down to a decission of going GReddy instead. i know a few friends who switch from SC to TC. as far as power band, it all depends on the turbo. i have a quick spool TD04-H 15G from the GReddy kit. i do not suffer on any kind of lag at all. it kicks in around 3500-4000 revs.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote