::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
*96civicdx*

Upgrade suggestions

Hello all. I have a 96Honda civic dx with a d16y7 engine. I definitly want to upgrade it to a 5 speed, (auto sucks!!) but am unsure what i should do as far as engine mods. I have heard that the d16y8 is basically the same block with a vtec head on it. Would it even be worth my time/money to swap a y8 head to my engine? Is there anything else you have to change for that to work? Im not looking for a really killer fast car, just something that can hold its own and be fun to drive. is it even worth the time fooling around with a d series engine, or should i be thinking about say a b16/b18 vtec swap? And Ideas/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
*96civicdx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
d16y7non-vtec

well from what ive read the b series is a better investment but u said your not looking for anything realy fast and i also happen to have a 96 civic dx d16y7 that im trying to do some stuff with. And the if you do a y7-y8 mini me swap it does help a little on finding parts.
d16y7non-vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
AzCivic

Well I'd decide whether or not I want to stick to the Dseries or swap to a bseries before swapping over to a manual tranny. If I were you and this was a daily driver I'd swap over to a b series and do the manual tranny conversion at the same time.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote