::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2002, 04:15 PM   #1
SilverCoupe2K1

Neuspeed / Accord Combo?

Is anyone running neuspeed on a 6th gen accord? If so, how is the ride? I've heard a lot of good stuff about the pro kit on this board, but I've also been told that neuspeed makes better springs for the Accord. The reason is, supposedly, Eibach makes springs for many companies, as such, they don't have the time to put as much research into their springs and they're therefore somewhat universal. Whereas Neuspeed only makes springs for Honda and VW, so they do more R n D with these brands. Any truth to this? What of the ride quality?
Old 05-22-2002, 11:57 AM   #2
focalaccord

i have neuspeed sports on my 96, and i love the ride. im thinkin about putting some on my 02 also
Old 05-24-2002, 05:39 PM   #3
SilverCoupe2K1

Really...do you find the ride to be harsh at all? I'm trying to decide between the Neuspeed Sport and the Eibach Prokits...
Old 05-27-2002, 08:55 PM   #4
focalaccord

its not harsh at all, when you hit like a dip or a little wave in the road its kinda bouncy..
Old 05-28-2002, 01:38 PM   #5
SilverCoupe2K1

Hmm...is that good or bad? Do you find it to be like the stock setup? Any idea how it compares to the prokit?
Old 05-28-2002, 04:13 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

the ride will be harsher with neuspeed..

If you plan on driving in winter.. Stick with Prokit.. you'll also be able to survive without a camber kit.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:16 PM   #7
97CivicFerio

Hmm, Eibach is great on R&D regardless. Pro-Kit is the one to get if you drive it in the winter. Neuspeeds are good, but the drop will require a camber kit to avoid serious tire wear.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:36 PM   #8
Maxvla

a bit OT... i looked on tirerack.com for some springs... it says a set of eibach sportline springs is 195$ is that for 2 or 4?
Old 05-28-2002, 10:23 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
a bit OT... i looked on tirerack.com for some springs... it says a set of eibach sportline springs is 195$ is that for 2 or 4?

4 as far as I know.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:25 PM   #10
xhondagirl

Ive got the eibach on my 6th gen accord and its fine.. i havent done shocks or anything else yet (cause im looking into the airride suspension) but it is still doing fine, the only thing i need to do is replace the ball bearings for some reason they went as soon as i got the car lowered..
Old 06-11-2002, 08:37 AM   #11
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by xhondagirl
Ive got the eibach on my 6th gen accord and its fine.. i havent done shocks or anything else yet (cause im looking into the airride suspension) but it is still doing fine, the only thing i need to do is replace the ball bearings for some reason they went as soon as i got the car lowered..

hmm that is weird. are you sure you did not wipe grease or had some metal shavings in there ? that could destroy the vearings.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 10:32 AM   #12
SilverCoupe2K1

xhondagirl...do you have the pro-kit or the sportlines?
Old 06-11-2002, 07:23 PM   #13
xhondagirl

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

hmm that is weird. are you sure you did not wipe grease or had some metal shavings in there ? that could destroy the vearings.

i have absolutly no clue what happened....

and silvercoupe guy..i have the sportlines.....
Old 06-12-2002, 11:52 AM   #14
SilverCoupe2K1

I just put the prokits on my ride yesterday and it's nice...not bouncy, but not too harsh either. So far so good...

xhondagirl, did you change anything else when u dropped it? Going with the sportlines, u probably dropped in the 2" range, right? With that drop, I've been told to upgrade to poly-u bushings...as for the bearings...they may be the by-product of dropping without making the proper adjustments...but sounds weird
Old 06-12-2002, 03:49 PM   #15
spoogenet

Did you install yourself?

Did you do anything else, or just the prokits?

b
Old 06-12-2002, 06:42 PM   #16
xhondagirl

i dropped it 1.8"in the front and 2" in the back and soo far thats all i did.....it was the first thing i got done on the car and i had no clue about any suspension work..soo the guy pretty much ripped me off and didnt reccomend anything else..but im in the process of getting it all done over now..because i know sooo much more and wont get ripped ff again (plus i know more people in shops and such...i could kick myself for it but people make mistakes...
Old 06-12-2002, 09:37 PM   #17
97CivicFerio

That's right, it is a learning process. Just remember to have fun and don't worry about what other people think! Use your own style!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:29 PM   #18
SilverCoupe2K1

Spoogenet...suspension wise...nuthin much, the prokits were my first touch.

Yah, I did it with a couple of friends...had some probs cuz I had some ceased bolts already! (15 000 Miles) In any case, we just went behind the brakes...

Couple of big things I went to a garage for...putting in a new clutch and getting a custom exhaust put in.

Other than that, small stuff I did myself, intake, short shifter, front and rear lights, indicators, etc.

I figured, if this is my car...I should try to do as much as I can myself...