Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

What is the strut rod ?

i have just one dumb question for you guys. i purchased the energy suspension master bushing set from summit and i opened the instructions today after few weeks of standing in my room, and i noticed 4 bushings are for strut rod. so my question is what the hell is the strut rod. Is it the same thing as the radius rod ? from looking at the bushings they should go there. well 2 more weeks till my new bushings, shocks and springs go in the car. uhooooooooooooo !!!!! can't wait.

ohh one more question how much should i trim from the bump stop ? in the eibach instructions it says that for a 94-97 accord i should cut 40mm (4 cm) and if my application is not listed the cutting is not necessary. i know the 4th gen ccord and the 5th 4banger share the same chassis, so i guess it has to be cut 40mm. what do u think ? to cut or not to cut.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:28 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Strut rod is the rod that gos down inside the strut, the part that moves up and down.

I would trim the bumpstop for a little extra travel. Cause if you dont and you find yourself hitting bumpstops alot youll have to take everything back out to cut them. Do it now so you wont have to later. If you riding bumpstops it and make the car ride rough and sometimes even make it uncontrolable.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:54 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

look at this picture and tell me what they are talking about. even in the instructions they say the front and rear position for the front strut rod.i'm still very confused. i think i'm gonna cut them 40mm the same for 5th gen accord

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 09:27 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Ok.. You have a set in the LCA that connect to the bottom of your shock, the other one, I cant really tell what its connected to but it almost looks like the trailing arm bushing...