::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2001, 08:10 PM   #1
xbird

Fuel Injections? Not Efficenicy?

I am getting my turbo parts this week, I went to Canadian Tire to do a full check on my engine. They found out that :
1) The fuel injections has problems.. they didn't specific what problems they are..
2) and.. i am not sure what he said, but there is a inefficenicy in the engine's fuel and air.. i think... he said this might casued by a vacum leak...
i am not sure if these are the same problem.. coz if the fuel injectors are not working well, it will not have the engine running at full efficency, right? that's what I am wondering..
but let's say it's the vacum leak, where is it possible of leaking? Will this be able to fixed easily and cheap?
If my fuel injections have problems, then I can upgrade the fuel injector for my turbo, right? Which one should I get?
Old 10-22-2001, 08:45 PM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I'm not too sure about your problem.

but I will tell ya this. Canadian Tire mechanics are real dicks. They really have minimum training. So you might want to avoid going there for any serious work.

my 0.02$
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 08:54 PM   #3
xbird

roger that
I will get honda to check it out...
Old 10-22-2001, 11:17 PM   #4
BlazinCrx

you could always get a hosetech hose kit and replace all you vacuum lines that might solve your leak...also it is a good idea to upgrade your injectors with your turbo, you will be able to make more power and have less problems with leaning out...however if you go this route you will most like need to get a high flow rail and a pressure regulator such as the B&M so you can tell how much fuel you are actually running...hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:19 PM   #5
xbird

but how much would everything cause of what ya said?
Old 10-23-2001, 02:00 PM   #6
BlazinCrx

The B&M regulator goes for like $70, fuel rail goes for $125, and injectors depend on the brand but you can usually find used ones for cheap.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:23 PM   #7
Boosted3g

If you have a vacuum leak chances are you idle will be way whacked out. Usually our revs will bounce up and down. If you thik that you have one take some carb cleaner and just hose the engine down. When you hit the spot that has the leak the rpms will noticably change. As far as the injectors go if your running turbo id advise to get larger injectors even if you are running lower boost levels.