::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2002, 12:37 AM   #1
dudeman47

95 GSR cams

So I am looking at replacing my Cams. I got the Type R cams in there now. Running a bored B18c1 (2.0 now) and 11.5:1 pistons. I want to stay all motor and I need recommendations for the new bump sitcks. I was looking at the Toda or Skunk2 ones stage 3 on either. I really don't care all that much about the fuel consumption or idle, so that's not a deciding factor, more toward mid and hi end power. Any recommendations? Oh, Anyd I am going to get the Skunk2 ECU in a month, so I need something that goes with that (should be running lo 13's then)

95 GSR
2.0 B18C1
Skunk2 Intake manifold
AEM CAI
DC 4-2-1 header
11.5:1 pistons
JUN flywheel
Stage 2 clutch
HKS Hiper exhaust
Old 09-16-2002, 07:36 AM   #2
crx swap

i say go Skunk2....i have heard alot of good things about them...haven't heard too much about Toda...although what i did hear was positive...but i still say go with Skunk2...just my 2 cents though
Old 09-16-2002, 04:20 PM   #3
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

No way. Todas ROCK. If it were me, that's what I would get.

Toda is one of those names not everyone knows, but those that know swear by. Toda is arguably the best B eries cam on the market. If it were me, I'd get the Toda Spec Bs, unless you have an 11K redline.

Also look at the Jun Stage 2s. Both are very comparable. Juns will have a little more high end power, but the Todas have a little more mid range and are easier to tune.

You don't need an ecu tune, but it would help a great deal, especially with aftermarket cams. Truthfully, a V-AFC will probably take care of all your needs, including:
Redline move or elimination
VTEC crossover
A/F adjustment
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote