::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2001, 07:51 PM   #1
MrCLoWnY

AEM StandALOne???

Does anyone have the word or the scoop on the new AEM stand alone fuel management? i heard that its only $1000 and that tuning is not really necessary and its plug n play? Can anyone tell me about it please?
Old 12-10-2001, 11:58 PM   #2
BlazinCrx

The AEM is supposed to be coming out this month, with any luck. It is true that it is plug and play. It is alot like the greddy unit that is coming out and the proefi which has been out for awhile now.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:18 PM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: AEM StandALOne???

Quote:
Originally posted by MrCLoWnY
Does anyone have the word or the scoop on the new AEM stand alone fuel management? i heard that its only $1000 and that tuning is not really necessary and its plug n play? Can anyone tell me about it please?

There's 2 different ones. The regular EMS is Plug n Play. The Race EMS is not. The race version also has alot more features, but all the miscellaneous parts are seperate.

http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm

Doesn't look bad. I guess we'll see what it does when it comes out. I couldn't download the movies they have.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:44 PM   #4
Boosted3g

I dont know about it. So far the only thing that I like with AEM that hasnt broke is their FPR and even that broke once. At least they warranteed it. I think you can t beat a Hondata for the price. I run a Power Fc and it is more that most poeple need also. I guess its good to have choices.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:33 PM   #5
MrCLoWnY

So you guys would recommend the AEM over the HOndata??? I can get the hondata installed with dyno tuned for $1200. I always thought that dyno tuning does wonders for your car. Am i wrong?? can you guys give me your thoughts on this?? I recently got a job i thought it was about time since i got bored of sitting around all day long and being employeed. So i think im gonna start doing stuff to my car. And Im still waiting for my financial aid check so when i get it its game overs. hehehehe
Old 12-11-2001, 09:44 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
I dont know about it. So far the only thing that I like with AEM that hasnt broke is their FPR and even that broke once. At least they warranteed it. I think you can t beat a Hondata for the price. I run a Power Fc and it is more that most poeple need also. I guess its good to have choices.

Yeah but Boosted your case is abit different. I don't think most of us put the kind of demand on parts that you do.
"If you're not breaking anything, you're not making enough power"

Clowny, as far as the AEM goes, it still remains to be seen. I downloaded the demo software for it. It looks very promising. I've been pleased with AEM thus far so we'll see.
Old 12-12-2001, 12:14 AM   #7
MrCLoWnY

Yo CIvic_Addict where do you download the software???
Old 12-12-2001, 05:49 AM   #8
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

http://www.aempower.com/ems.htm

There's a link near the middle of the page....
Old 12-12-2001, 07:59 PM   #9
MrCLoWnY

Thanks
Old 12-22-2001, 10:47 PM   #10
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

You are speaking of the PNP direct replacement ECU??? I was wondering how this product will actually perform for you.

It looks like you would be able to get it and adjust diff aspects of your car and once you upgrade you could readjust to accodate for that w/ fuel,knock sensors etc...

I hope that one of the mags will have a test or be one online here soon...