::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2003, 02:00 PM   #1
scottrtucker

Re: Breaking 120

I am lucky in that on my commute to work (26 miles) I have a section of road (2 lanes) that is about 2 miles long, perfectly straight, has a concrete divider on one side and railroad tracks on the other. There is no where for cops to hide and no where for cars to pull out in front of you. To amuse myself I bring the car up to about 120 every morning assuming there is no traffic or fog (there is usually neither). I have had my car up to 130 but that last 10 mph took SO long. It is just about to hit the rev limiter in fifth gear when it hits 130. I don't know if the Honda software includes a speed governor or not but I can't go any faster anyway because of the gearing.

I am not a street racer and I do not drive like an a**hole in traffic or whenever there is the danger of hurting someone beside myself.

I have had my car up on my rack several times since new (Its only got 2500 miles) to check the condition of the suspension so I have no fear of its mechanical integrity.

I don't recommend everybody do this but it sure is a hell of a lot of fun and makes me look forward to my morning commute.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
scottrtucker

This was supposed to be a reply to the post 'breaking 120'. I am new to the board and obviously hit the wrong button. Sorry about that.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:34 PM   #3
FasterThanLight

whee! i know how you can make the last ten MPH come faster- NOS! Just go down to Harry's and tell 'im you need NOS kits. he can tell you that you can't handle it and that you'll kill yourself trying. won't that be fun?!?

drive fast and take chances...
Old 02-01-2003, 10:54 PM   #4
Shot 2 Hel

Quote:
Originally posted by FasterThanLight
whee! i know how you can make the last ten MPH come faster- NOS! Just go down to Harry's and tell 'im you need NOS kits. he can tell you that you can't handle it and that you'll kill yourself trying. won't that be fun?!?

If i hadnt of watched that movie yesterday at a party i would have no idea what you were talking about
Old 02-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #5
Suk02Si

www.hondata.com

They're ECU flash will change our fuel cut from 6800 to 7700. I have topped my car out at just over 130. Were limited by our lower redline, but we have the power to get us to 140 or 150.

Old 02-19-2003, 10:55 PM   #6
scottrtucker

Do you know how the Civic Si's computer is reprogrammed? I work for a BMW dealership and we reprogram the cars through the diagnostic port. Does Honda have a factory tool that is used to diagnose and reprogram the car. Any Honda technicians out there?

Also does anyone know what type of bus the Honda ECU and other control units use? (i.e.: CAN (controller Area Network) bus)