::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Supercharger
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2002, 10:44 PM   #1
OPAKRACING

Air, and fuel mods...

so, what are all the mods you need to buy ALONG WITH the super charger? Fuel, air, exhaust, ext. Waht are all the thing that aren't necesarily necesary, but will make the cahrger run better? if you could list them, it'd be great

I'm a newby at superchargers. hehe

Thnx for the info

OPAK

(this supercharger would be for an RSX type s)
Old 12-06-2002, 11:12 AM   #2
ForceInjection

It all really depends on the amount of boost you want to run. A larger fuel pump is always a must. You may need larger injectors or an FMU it really depends on the amount of boost you are running. A by-pass valve is always good for psi levels above 7 psi and an intercooler may be needed for higher boost levels as well. If you cannot get an intercooler for your application a water injection system will work too. It is also wise to have a boost retard box like a MSD to help prevent detonation. Those are pretty much the basics.
Now modifications that compliment the blower would be a built bottom end and even a fully build head like valves, retainers and port work. Anything to help with the airflow will compliment the supercharger. Hopefully this helps.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:23 PM   #3
OPAKRACING

wow, thnx for the help man, i didn't think it was so complicated, lol, i think i'll stick to turbo charger, altho thats complicated too...all that port work, valves, and head work---yea--it scared me, lol

LOTS OF MONEY!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:16 AM   #4
ShEaNy

with a supercharger on any inline 4...upgrade almost everything...internals..head..bottom...exhaust...i ntake..ignition..yadda yadda he summed up most of it....but ya just adding on..maybe a lower compression..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 05:42 PM   #5
ForceInjection

Well, you need to look at it this way. YOU make all the brackets and piping, use a good Head Unit like a vortech and just throw in a fuel pump along with some injectors and a chip and you have a full supercharger kit. You can then mass produce the kit and call it what ever you want and start selling kits for an RSX...that would be tyte. But in all honestly just wait. Jackson racing will have a kit shortly and I know a few other companies working on this project.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:56 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

your going to want to get a air/fuel gauge and keep track of if your running rich or lean. if your running lean, then your going to want a stronger fuel pump, larger injectors, a s-afc or a vafc depending on what your engine is. unless you go for more the 7 or 8 psi on the compressor, then a stand alone is recommened. i'd definitlay get headers and exaust. ignition would be nice, but not needed. this is all in addition to the supercharger kit.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote