::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2001, 04:37 PM   #1
Ex-Tdo4

PLease Help, TUrbo TImer not working with Alarm

ok, i installed my Greddy Turbo TImer and now my alarm doesn't want to arm when the car is on after i turn the ignition off. ALso when i'm turning off the car and the turbo timer kicks in i have to manually "lock" the doors before i leave, and when the timer finally finishes counting down and my car shuts off my doors open again because on my Prestige Alarm my door automatically unlocks when the car is turned off! So here are my problems;

1. alarm doesn't arm when car is on
2. i don't have the 30 option to where the car automatically arms itself after 20 secs
3. i have to manually lock my doors when the timer is on and when it shuts off, my doors unlock again and by that time i'm already away from the car to even lock it again.
4.after the timer finishes counting down then i can use my alarm to arm and lock my doors, but whats the point of having the damn timer if i still have to stick around and wait for it to finish counting down.
5.2morrow im going to program my alarm to where it automatically arms itself after 30 secs, i don't have the manual to it so therefore i can't do it today.
6.did i wire something incorrectly? i don't think i did, because i already double chked everything.
7.i do have the remote start on my alarm, and thats what i've been using to keep my car on after i drive, but i got the TUrbo TImer because i just turn the car off and it still stays on, on the other hand with the remote start i have to turn the car off then hit the remote start button and it'll start again, but then it stays on for 5 mins and thats too long.

Can someone please tell me how to use the Greddy Turbo TImer in conjuntion with my Prestige Alarm!!!
Old 12-22-2001, 11:29 PM   #2
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

a friend of mine has a Neon and he has a timer hooked up through his Alpine alarm and his does the Same thing.

It pisses him off as he has to manually armthe alarm...

I'll check w/ him and see if he got it fixed as of yet and let you know what you might want to look at.