.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2003, 12:03 PM   #1
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Am I the only one?

Here's the situation: I was crushing on this guy, asked him out, he turned me down which made me really bummed so you'd think his lost and just move on......but nooooo, I'm still really into him! Why is it that I can't get over him?! And I don't even see him that much except on Friday nights and never even talk except for the exchanges of hello, how are you?

Has anyone been in this situation before? Please tell me I'm not the only crazy person!
Old 06-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #2
SolPol

I live it every day.

It's called you only want what you can't have.

I have a trademark on it.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ask me out and i won't refuse you

it happened to me before

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
ask me out and i won't refuse you

it happened to me before

Shit, add me to that list. I won't say no.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
HndaTch627

it's the nature of things, us guys go thru it to when we ask someone out(it usually means you are into them) and get rejected. in time it gets easier to let go, but my suggestion is don't even converse with him until you are over it. you are only tricking yourself by continuing to talk to him.

jeremy
Old 06-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
juvenile

Yup, I'm like that too. Sucks when you get in that mood about a girl (or guy in your case)
Old 06-04-2003, 06:04 PM   #7
mt.biker

I can be that way, but sometimes you realize that the person isn't worth your time. And when I realize that, the person is as good as dead to me. PLaying games, being a b!tch, or generally not who you said you were or caring for that matter. But once it happens its an uphill battle that no female should bother to fight.... cause you're as good as gone in my books.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:13 AM   #8
silver

you'll get over it once a new one catches your eye. evolution.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:54 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

im sorry Erin I know how hard it is to get over a guy, even when you move on he still haunts your memory

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:24 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I was like that when I was younger, but eventually you realize there are better things to life and get over it.. Atleast I always did.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:35 AM   #11
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
it's the nature of things, us guys go thru it to when we ask someone out(it usually means you are into them) and get rejected. in time it gets easier to let go, but my suggestion is don't even converse with him until you are over it. you are only tricking yourself by continuing to talk to him.

jeremy

Except for the exchange of "hello, how are you?" I've tried not conversing with him (mainly because I feel kind of dumb since he rejected me), but it's kind of hard because he's a bouncer at the club I go to and he's usually the one scanning us at the door or checking IDs and I come in direct contact with him. Besides for awhile after the night I asked him out he would usually just blow me off. Then last Friday night he was at the door of course and we said hi and he asked how I was doing and I said I was having a bad day and he asked if I wanted a hug. I didn't think much of it. Of course that made my night! Heck it made my year! Anyway he really shocked me last night when I saw him at a bar and my friends and I walked past him and we all said hi and he gave me yet another hug! I know, I know, I'm 23, but I still act like a stupid little school girl!
Old 06-05-2003, 11:00 AM   #12
HndaTch627

you want a lil hint, never hit on a bartended/bouncer they get hit on all night wether they are male or female. you'd have to be pretty damn close to them before they'd go out with anyone. i guess i am tired of the "club" scene. Maybe that's the reason meeting people is hard for me, not to mention i work second shift. My advice is to not waste anymore of your time, he's already shown that he isn't worth it.

Jeremy
Old 06-06-2003, 11:52 PM   #13
zm_dawg

it's things like these that makes the world go 'round......if you sit down and think about it....you should realize it doesn't pay to lust after someone that denied giving you a shot....
Old 06-08-2003, 09:53 PM   #14
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by HndaTch627
you want a lil hint, never hit on a bartended/bouncer they get hit on all night wether they are male or female. you'd have to be pretty damn close to them before they'd go out with anyone. i guess i am tired of the "club" scene. Maybe that's the reason meeting people is hard for me, not to mention i work second shift. My advice is to not waste anymore of your time, he's already shown that he isn't worth it.

Jeremy

THANK YOU!!!! maybe you can knock it into her brain that he's not worth it!!! I'm her best friend I can't even do it! I've tried to tell her that he's not worth pining over (especially since she knows really nothing about the guy). I could see if she knew more about his personality and what not, but this whole crush is based on looks.....sigh....i don't know what to do with her anymore!

Erin and I have the problem of wanting what we can't have and not wanting who want us. And as for going to the club and bars to meet guys...that's not why we go ironically enough. We know that those places aren't necessarily the best places to meet guys. We go cuz we like the scene in general. We like to dance, have the occassional drink, and we love to "people watch".

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:16 AM   #15
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
it's things like these that makes the world go 'round......if you sit down and think about it....you should realize it doesn't pay to lust after someone that denied giving you a shot....

I know this, yet I'm still retarded!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:28 AM   #16
SolPol

Quote:
Erin and I have the problem of wanting what we can't have and not wanting who want us.

I have the same problem as I said earlier. I'm starting to believe that it's human nature. At least the part about wanting what you can't have.

When it comes to the not wanting who wants you, I think it has a lot to do with self image. If you don't see yourself as someone worth dating, then someone who does seems like they must have some sort of problem or something.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:27 AM   #17
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
I have the same problem as I said earlier. I'm starting to believe that it's human nature. At least the part about wanting what you can't have.

When it comes to the not wanting who wants you, I think it has a lot to do with self image. If you don't see yourself as someone worth dating, then someone who does seems like they must have some sort of problem or something.

That brings me to another topic. In my own opinion I think there are guys out there who are out of my league, but Denise disagrees. She thinks that people should never feel that they're not good enough for another person. What do you guys and girls think?
Old 06-09-2003, 10:43 AM   #18
SolPol

Ideally we should never feel this way. Unfortunately this is not an ideal world. Fact is, you have to be happy with yourself before you will ever be happy with anyone else.

Any other cliches we can think of? Still true though.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:50 AM   #19
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
That brings me to another topic. In my own opinion I think there are guys out there who are out of my league, but Denise disagrees. She thinks that people should never feel that they're not good enough for another person. What do you guys and girls think?
i agree with you, at some times you have to admit that a girl(in my case) or guy(in your case) is out of the ballpark for you. i think if you can't accept that fact you are being less honest with yourself, you can have all the self confidence in the world but unless this is someone you know you will still have problems getting their attention. I guess i am just honest with myself when it comes to stuff like this, i am not the best looking guy in the world, i may be good looking but definitely no model so i kno wmy limits.

Jeremy
Old 06-09-2003, 12:18 PM   #20
GirlRacer

Hondatech-you remind me of eeyore on winnie the pooh.

"Thanks for noticin me...."
Old 06-09-2003, 12:34 PM   #21
SolPol

Must....resist...urge....

....must...bust...balls

Ahhh forget it, too easy.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:30 PM   #22
DsBlu01CivEX

Ok yes I don't think anybody is too good for me. It's not that I think that I'm all that or anything like that...but I was raised to have confidence in myself and to believe that I could have whatever I wanted in life. The thing about me is that I don't set my standards so high that I know there is absolutely no way of obtaining them. I don't persue the hottest guy I've ever laid eyes on....I don't necessarily want the hottest guy...I want the guy that I'm gonna have the most fun with and be the most relaxed around. I don't base my crushes on looks first. I thend to get my crushes on guys after I get to know them. I tend to do things a lil backwards....

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #23
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
The thing about me is that I don't set my standards so high that I know there is absolutely no way of obtaining them. I don't persue the hottest guy I've ever laid eyes on....I don't necessarily want the hottest guy...I want the guy that I'm gonna have the most fun with and be the most relaxed around. I don't base my crushes on looks first. I thend to get my crushes on guys after I get to know them. I tend to do things a lil backwards....

I don't mean to have crushes on guys based on their looks, but you can't help who and who you're not physically attracted to. Of course these crushes come and go. I usually don't pursue those crushes if I find out that they're complete a$$holes and not worth my time. It can go the other way for me too, I may not be attracted to a guy right off the bat, but the more I talk to him and get to know him and I feel a good vibe I may develop a crush then. Those physical crushes for me are all in fun, but if they end up developing into something more worthwhile, then that could be good too. (Think Sixteen Candles and Molly Ringwald's character, Samantha, and her crush on the high school popular boy, Jake)