.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
wheresmylicense

at the end...

so i've been going out with this girl for about six months, and in the past coupla weeks, it has occurred to me that we're leading more of a friendship than a real relationship. i think this may have something to do with the fact that she's kinda prude. i've done... stuff... and she hasn't so much as touched me underneath any clothing (i'm not even talking about down there, i'm talking even UP there... where there's nothing!)... that's not all, although i'm sure it's a big part of it. we also have some sort of awkwardness when it comes to talking. we just... don't talk, and it's more or less been that way since the beginning... i knew that was going to be a prob, but i figured we could just work on it. before long i realized that it's one of those things that just has to flow.

anyway, tonight i'm going to her house and "taking her for a walk" so we can have a little talk. basically i'm breaking up with her. the thing is, i really REALLY still wanna be friends with her afterwards. i don't know why, i just still care about her and wanna be friends with her. does this sound like a good idea? girls, what would you wanna hear in the current circumstances?

Pictures of My Baby
wheresmylicense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
GirlRacer

*ouch* This is a tough one. I'm convinced there is NO nice way to break up with someone. I'd like to hear what you said though... and how she took it.

Maybe you can prove me wrong.

And good luck.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:45 PM   #3
juvenile

You're situation is definately not one of the ordinary breakups and if you say you have more of a friendship right now, then maybe things will still just stay the same way. The problem might come when you or her get a new girl.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:52 PM   #4
wheresmylicense

well, yea, we did break up, and it didn't go very well... i feel horrible... that's only because i hurt her really bad. i hope she'll find it in herself to talk to me after this dies down.

Pictures of My Baby
Old 05-28-2003, 06:37 AM   #5
GirlRacer

Yup, knew that'd happen... see...there's just no nice way to tell someone you don't wanna see them anymore...

It always hurts.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:13 AM   #6
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by wheresmylicense
well, yea, we did break up, and it didn't go very well... i feel horrible... that's only because i hurt her really bad. i hope she'll find it in herself to talk to me after this dies down.

you dont want her to talk to you, dont encourage connact in any shape or form. No voice, no emials and no stupid IM's. Stay away from the girl and get on with your life!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:39 AM   #7
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
*ouch* This is a tough one. I'm convinced there is NO nice way to break up with someone. I'd like to hear what you said though... and how she took it.

Maybe you can prove me wrong.

That isn't always the case. My break up with my ex wasn't at all messy. We came to find that a long distant relationship wasn't easy even though we still loved each other. Although it was a little hard and more one sided (he wanted to break things off more than I), we came to a mutual understanding and came out friends in the end. So you see, not all break ups are rough!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #8
HndaTch627

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
That isn't always the case. My break up with my ex wasn't at all messy. We came to find that a long distant relationship wasn't easy even though we still loved each other. Although it was a little hard and more one sided (he wanted to break things off more than I), we came to a mutual understanding and came out friends in the end. So you see, not all break ups are rough!
been there done that, except i always find the women that want to give up.

but yes there's never any nice way to break up with someone. All you can do is be truthful. and do yourself a favor and not keep contact with her, i don't care if you dated for years, you'll never move on if you are "still friends" fresh out of the box. maybe a year or so down the road you can work on the friendship but definitely don't cotact each other before then.

Jeremy
Old 05-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #9
GirlRacer

ugh! This is SO true--- I've found the 'just friends' thing doesn't work, or eventually tapers off to where you never talk anyway after a while.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #10
zm_dawg

or your just friends and continue to hang out and have sex and still have physical contact.....and wonder why you broke up in the first place....
along with Rob....don't talk to this girl....she'll take you way down
Old 05-28-2003, 01:47 PM   #11
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by zm_dawg
or your just friends and continue to hang out and have sex and still have physical contact.....and wonder why you broke up in the first place....
along with Rob....don't talk to this girl....she'll take you way down

dude you're scaring me, you and I think soo much alike
Old 05-28-2003, 02:47 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

break it off for a good bit before you even talk to her, yeah if you see her in a store or something say hi. but dont like call her every week or something like that
Old 05-28-2003, 09:30 PM   #13
GirlRacer

So, what'd you say to her?
Old 05-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #14
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
break it off for a good bit before you even talk to her, yeah if you see her in a store or something say hi. but dont like call her every week or something like that

NO NO NO NO, you dont say anythign...
Old 05-29-2003, 12:25 AM   #15
Shot 2 Hel

no need to be a dick about it, dont make conversation just a semi-friendly hello
Old 05-29-2003, 12:40 AM   #16
mylittlecivic

well I hope it works out, how YOU want it to work out youre a real sweetie and remember you're still young you dont need to deal with all the serious crap if you dont want to.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:38 PM   #17
wheresmylicense

thank you all for your support... i guess is the word for it... hopefully everything will work out...

Pictures of My Baby