.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2004, 05:06 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Another question for the HST ladies

So is it really true that women are attracted to musicians? I swear, I've heard this and even seen this for many years...but there must be something wrong with me (other than the obvious). I've been playing and singing for a fairly popular local band for a few years now and this still befudles me. I do the majority of the song writing and have on a few occassions sung to specific women in the crowd. What do I hear afterwards? "That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen" or "I wish I could find a guy like you". This is, of course, before they go off to try and hook up with my bandmates. I'm certainly not the type of guy who's really into one nighters...but if this sort of thing is true and they really mean what they're saying, why am I the one left out? I think somewhere along the way you women lied to us men and made us make gestures to you through song solely for the purpose of ignoring us for better looking guys. Why must you women vex me so?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
Jessy

i speak from experience.
chicks dig hot guitar players (singers, drummers, etc..)

seriously though, IMHO...
if a girl you're singing to is running off with a guy just because she thinks he's hotter than you, she isn't worth your time.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessy

seriously though, IMHO...
if a girl you're singing to is running off with a guy just because she thinks he's hotter than you, she isn't worth your time.

I 100% agree with this statement....but you already know those girls aren't worth your time and that truely isn't what bothers you. What bothers you is the fact that they say they want a guy like you, but then date someone the exact opposite of you (or your best friend). Guys do it too though. They list off traits that they want in a girl, which say I possess, but then they go after the girls that treat them like crap. I still feel for the most part people are age are not looking for a relationship, they're just looking to hook up and have fun.

It's easier staying single, than trying to figure it all out. I figure my day will come one day, and if it doesn't, oh well. I'll still be me and I'll still be living my life how I want it.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
Kool-Aid

I have no clue at all about musicians...sorry I couldn't elaborate...
Old 03-20-2004, 02:37 AM   #5
mylittlecivic

my bf plays the guitar and thats sexy! im just attracted to guitar players and singers that can write their own words. Those girls are missing out GT you are way good looking

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:42 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Perhaps you're right D...but I'm not so sure. That's angered me for years so I don't think it would mask itself in this particular case. I'm not a bad looking guy...at least this is what I hear from the girls who probably wouldn't date me for lucritive cash prixes (as on reality TV). I honestly think it's the no arm (it's not exactly "no" arms...but that's easier than explaining) thing. No...please ignore the fact that I can do everything yo can do better...this includes getting on a stage 4 or 5 times a month and playing guitar. Please only focus on the fact that I look a little different than most guys. I swear...I'm about to give up on dating altogether. I've already resolved myself to dying alone...now it's time to sit back and watch that vision become a reality. People in general suck...but I'm particularly pissed at the women right now (no offense ladies...just venting).

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-20-2004, 02:49 AM   #7
mylittlecivic

think of it this way noone is the same, everyone has some kind of mental problem, everyone messes up, everyone makes mistakes, and most people follow what they see mostly on media which is f*cked anyways you just gota try to look for whatever good you can which is hard as hell and most people are too stupid to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 03:27 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
im just attracted to guitar players and singers that can write their own words. Those girls are missing out GT you are way good looking

Why thank you Anna...now if you were only single and not halfway across the country. Eh...who the fuck am I kiddin...I still ogt no chance. Lmao.

Funny story concerning this thread: A while back (I believe I was 20) I produced a demo to sell at shows and whatnot and handed a few of them out to people I worked with. One girl in the cafe comes up to me a few days later with this other girl...apparently her sister. This girl was jaw dropping gorgeous. I mean..words fail me. Anyhow...Avery (my coworker) introduces me to her sister and her sister says "ohhhhh....so YOU'RE the guy who made the tape". Then she kinda bit her bottom lip and gave me a cute smile. I smile back and start thinking I'm in like Flynn. Then I see Avery shaking her head. The problem you ask? Her sister was 16. I'd like to thank her for making me feel like a dirty old man. So, apparently the only girls I will ever attract by playing music are underaged high school chicks. This is where we need a "sigh" emoticon.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:08 AM   #9
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Guys do it too though. They list off traits that they want in a girl, which say I possess, but then they go after the girls that treat them like crap.

Well, i can tell you why we do this. I have 2 great friends who are gilrs. We get along SSOO well and have so much fun as friends. The last girl i dated (Dumb Bitch) had some of the same qualities that draw me to my 2 friends, so that is why i dated her.
I could not see myself dating either of my two friends because i value their friendship so much so that i would not risk it with a relationship (since relationships always fail/ruin everything), eventhough we click so well.

Maybe you are like that with a guy, or maybe the guys you want to notice your personal traits havent noticed them for whatever reason (not necessarily your fault).

- my 2c
Old 03-21-2004, 04:31 PM   #10
4doorspeedman

GT let me lay it out for ya I'm in the same boat as you but i havent given up hope yet (maybe when i reach your age I will ) but from the ages of 16-25 women and men that go to a concert looking for a one night stand are going to try and the most physicaly perfect person they can belive me im short like 5'7 135 and i get stuck in the "freind zone" some much that ive neraly stoppted carring. you are going to have to lokk for a realtionship in someone les than a drunken party girl who wants to sleep with the band. try finding a person that is mature enough to see past one probelm and accept you for you not always easy to do in a young girl but im there with ya
Old 03-22-2004, 08:49 AM   #11
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I can't really say why it is that girls are so attracted to musicians because I don't really fall into this category. Sure I think some of them are extremely sexy and very talented (drum player David Silveria from Korn ), but I don't go gaga over them. It's always said that girls go for the bad boys, so maybe that has something to do with it. Musicians have this stereotype of being bad boys. For some reason it gives some girls a great pleasure to tame a bad boy. Maybe GT you're just too nice for them.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
For some reason it gives some girls a great pleasure to tame a bad boy.

My ex says hi
Old 03-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #13
Jessy

well, i think that musicians are hot. but i don't think it has anything to do with looks, personally. my boyfriend is no brad pitt or whatever...but he's the best of the best to me. he plays the guitar really well, and most the time it's classical guitar. he's even taught me to play so it's something nice we do together. he puts a lot of soul into his music. it's nice to hear, and nice to see that a guy could have a sensitive side and not be afraid to show it, even if it's through an instrument.
that's my attraction to musicians. fame, fortune, looks...boooring.
personality? fuck yeah.

as for you, GT dude....don't give up!! my mom's been single for 19 years since my dad died. not a single boyfriend. it's hard for her but i'll tell you the same thing i tell her. you can't spend your whole life trying to hook up with someone, anyone...for no specific reason other than not wanting to be alone. because the search for someone will consume you and take away so much time that you could have spent doing something that made you happy, however little it may be. you're partially right to say just let it go. if it's gonna happen, it will....and stressing about it isn't going to make it happen faster. instead, it will make the time alone pass slower. my advice....do the things that make you happy and forget trying to impress girls that may not appreciate it anyways. the girl you're meant to be with, if you believe in that kinda thing, will be impressed just by you being yourself. doing anything more is a waste of your time. and good luck...try not to be bummed out...
Old 03-25-2004, 10:41 PM   #14
1hotchic
1st Gear

women are complicated

I dated a guy who was a drummer for two bands and I didn't know this until after a few dates. He thought that that would be the only reason I would continue seeing him because of groupies. Girls want to be with the guy who has the spotlight in the band. My friends still tell me to this very day that I was stupid for not dating him anymore just because he was a drummer for his bands. Women say they want one thing and pursue another. "oh you're so cute, who's the guy in the white shirt?" is usually how it happens. My friends have actually done this intentionally to meet his cuter more popular friend. If you treat girls a little bit like shit, you'll have them eating out of your hand. You have to act like you don't care.
1hotchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #15
SolPol

I shouldn't have to act at all
Old 03-26-2004, 05:34 PM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
I shouldn't have to act at all

Exactly...I refuse to pretend to be someone I'm not just to appeal to some retarded girl who wants a guy who's a dick. Furthermore, I refuse to act like a complete asshole just because I might think it's what women want (I actually know this to be true...I've tested it and refer to it as the "Warden Effect"...perhaps I will post my experiment results in another thread) because that's not the way I was raised and I find it disgusting when men treat women like shit. So fuck these girls who don't know what they want and always go for the wrong guy...but I won't become the wrong guy.

Old 04-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #17
MegaDON

I'm a guitarist to and it never got me laid, but i did get laid because of my job. I guess you can't believe exactly what females say.