::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2003, 11:47 AM   #1
HNDAGRL

Wing/spoiler Fell Off....

help.i was cleaning my bf car and the wing feel off as i opened the trunk (screws i guess were loose but i had no idea).what do i do "before" he returns.!?!?!can i use glue to the areas and the broken stands that hold one side of it.the way it is its like a spoiler and another spoiler stacked its not alumium.its like a stock kind.i was thinking of using shoe goo>>>>i need something that will repair quick>>>>i will tell him what happened but i don't want it looking like that.
Old 03-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #2
blind34_1

get some more screws and reattach it the right way. DO NOT USE adhesive, because I good gust of wind at highway speeds could cause it to fly off. If my g/f made my spoiler fall off, I wouldnt want her to do anything. Just leave it, and offer to help reattach it. If he put it on once, he can do it again.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 12:31 PM   #3
HNDAGRL

I just wanted some advice to give to him,I wasn't going to act as though it didn't fall off and touch it up, just incase he has no idea how to set it back up.Thanks for the advice I will pass it on...right now I'm soooo mad at myself but hey their was no way I could have caught it since I was behind the car and I put the trunk up all the way slowly and like 2 seconds later it fell towards the right side off the car and with no idea or clue it would fall off it fell hard too....I feel so bad.I which he was opening the trunk and it fell...I'm pissed at myself...but what can I do...it happened so nothing much I can do besides help him fix it....but thanks blind34_1.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
blind34_1

did you say it was painted? did the impact damage the paint? In that case, I'd say repair the paint first. If its a couple of little chips, you might go to advance auto or wherever and get touch up paint. Otherwise, you may have to go somwhere to have it paint matched.

I've never installed a spioler before, but being that that thing was hella loose, you probably saved him a butt load of problems, like it falling off while driving, and flying through the windshield of the car behind him, resulting in a lawsuit and big insurance problems.

I'm going to be installing a spoiler on my gf's del sol, and my plan is this. After measureing everything getting it straight, the bolts will do through a slat of wood on the underside in the trunk. I'll also use big washers, so the screws wont slip through (unlikley). That should make it pretty strong, and secure.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 06:45 PM   #5
Newb101

Use locktite too.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by Newb101
Use locktite too.

RVT sealant.