Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
accordboy00

what up doc?

What up peoples?
I'm a new fish on the block. I'm driving a 2000 Honda Accord sedan with the four-banger. Oh yeah, its also an automatic. Don't laugh. I know it's not much, but I plan on making it more than your average accord. I just recently installed a stereo system. I put in an Alpine six-disc changer, Performance-Technique 500w amplifier and two 12'' Kenwood subwoofers. My ride bumps. I have not yet modified my engine because I dont know what brands and products to use. Yes, I know the whole I/H/E system, but what types and brands are best. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:24 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Welcome to HS. Glad to have another Accord around

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 05:35 PM   #3
SiSpeed2000

welcome to HS!.....
Old 01-23-2002, 05:59 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

How much money are you wanting to spend in mods? What kinda gains are you looking for?

Welcome to HS..
Old 01-23-2002, 06:11 PM   #5
phorcedaccess

Personally I would do AEM cold air intake with optional bypass valve, Comptech Headers, and if its a dual exhaust get the Ghreddy Evo exhaust.

:P
Old 01-23-2002, 07:46 PM   #6
tightteg52

Re: what up doc?

Quote:
Originally posted by accordboy00
What up peoples?
I'm a new fish on the block. I'm driving a 2000 Honda Accord sedan with the four-banger. Oh yeah, its also an automatic. Don't laugh. I know it's not much, but I plan on making it more than your average accord. I just recently installed a stereo system. I put in an Alpine six-disc changer, Performance-Technique 500w amplifier and two 12'' Kenwood subwoofers. My ride bumps. I have not yet modified my engine because I dont know what brands and products to use. Yes, I know the whole I/H/E system, but what types and brands are best. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Oh *** not a another accord!!!! haha just playin mad hope ya have fun during your stay the accord people here are pretty kewl just kinda not on the bright side!!
Old 01-23-2002, 07:53 PM   #7
phorcedaccess

Alright now pipsqueek.

Old 01-24-2002, 02:33 AM   #8
accordboy00

I was thinking about spending $800-$1000 dollars on an exhaust system, I/H/E. Will that be enough, or no?
Old 01-24-2002, 02:59 AM   #9
phorcedaccess

I spent 1300 just on I/E another 1100 will be for H and Cat.

Im not too up on the mid range gear. Might wanna check with a local shop. Sorry im not being much help here.....
Check out

www.superiorracing.com

They have pricing on high end and mid range gear... even some lower end.

Old 01-24-2002, 06:40 AM   #10
juvenile

Cat is Catback, what does it do?
And it's early in the morning so excuse my stupidity by what does H stand for and what does it do.....(*** I feel dumb)
Old 01-24-2002, 09:29 AM   #11
slowEJ6

$800 - $1000 just on exhaust? thats a lot. Tanabe and APEXi are dope. so is HKS.
AEM intake is the way to be.
i suggest throwing down flow on a nice suspension setup, like threaded shock body coilovers and bigger/wider wheels
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:19 PM   #12
phorcedaccess

Cat - Change out your restrictive catalytic converter to a higher flow... allows the exhaust to escape faster. Have to watch your compression tho. Could wind up with lowerd torque in the low end speeds. H stands for hearders. That is where the initial expulsion of waste from the combustion within your engine goes. They then carry it to the cat and then to the mufflers and then into the air for everyone to choke on.

About the exhaust. I had to get the greddy evo. I have a v6 accord so I have to have 2 of the big pipes... not just 1. Also got a new y pipe so the pipes would hug the car better and not look like they were dragging on the ground.
Old 01-24-2002, 09:48 PM   #13
juvenile

phorcedaccess, thanks for your help!