.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
mt.biker

Throwin in the towel

What made you give up your last relationship?

Maybe from hearing how other people's relationships went sour we can learn something about ourselves and the reflect on the realtionships we're in or had.

Cheers I'll post mine after a few posts
Old 11-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

she didn't like my car j/k

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:11 PM   #3
DsBlu01CivEX

I wasn't the one that threw in the towel on my last relationship...but the reason I broke up with my first bf was because I wasn't getting what I wanted out of the relationship (it was like I was dating him AND his friends...and yah sure that's fun to hang out and all but sometimes you do need some one-on-one time) and I was also getting ready to start my first yr at college and really didn't want to be in a relationship going into college.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 11:45 PM   #4
spoogenet

Last relationship, I didn't throw in the towel, she did. Long distance. Things were going fine for a while but then every day she grew more distant, she wouldn't admit to it but it was obvious. Eventually I got tired of it and said maybe we should cut it and be friends, so we did and we were for a short while, then she gave up on that too.

Probably the worst case of when I threw in the towel was my first g/f. She was just so damn innocent I couldn't take it. She didn't realize that the world isn't exactly Mr. Roger's neighborhood. She was raised in a small town and was never really exposed to the world, it wasn't her fault, but I just couldn't bear it anymore. I felt like I would corrupt her innocence.

b
Old 11-30-2002, 12:00 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

WHy....things changed between us...priorities changed...we were heading in different directions...ideals changed....I'll admit it..I changed...but so did she...that's why. it was a mutual thing...

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:42 AM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I've only had one serious relationship and it wasn't me who ended it, but I finally agreed to it. We were together our whole senior year in high school and summer after and then only lasted about a month after he went off to college. It was due to long distance and I really don't think he wanted to have a gf going into college. Too many girls to be tempted by. Luckily it wasn't a bad breakup, somewhat mutual and we're still friends.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:12 PM   #7
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
and we're still friends.

Well that's good

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 12-01-2002, 02:57 PM   #8
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
Well that's good

Yeah, it is. My goal, if possible, is to try to remain friends with all the guys I date, because if it didn't work out romantically, it's always nice to have another friend!
Old 12-01-2002, 03:57 PM   #9
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
Yeah, it is. My goal, if possible, is to try to remain friends with all the guys I date, because if it didn't work out romantically, it's always nice to have another friend!

Well the thing about it is, is if you can see the person naked...then one day you don't want to see them naked anymore, why can't you see them clothed..

Old 12-01-2002, 04:36 PM   #10
Accordchick

I didn't throw in the towel in my last relationship but he ended it because he found another chick that he thought was better then me..funny thing is that he came crawling back a month later b/c it turned how she was to high maintence his loss...but the relationship before that i broke up with him b/c he didn't like me hanging out with friends without him..he only liked me hanging out with his friends! so basically i said f**k that, but we are still friends and hang out every once in awhile
Old 12-01-2002, 09:32 PM   #11
GT40FIED1

Hmmm...does being cheated on mean it's my fault or hers? She cheated and I kicked her out. I'd like to think I did the right thing.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:51 PM   #12
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED1
Hmmm...does being cheated on mean it's my fault or hers? She cheated and I kicked her out. I'd like to think I did the right thing.

yup you sure did
Old 12-01-2002, 10:20 PM   #13
SofaKingSmooth

i have stoped dating a few girls for the simple fact of them cheating on me, i dont know why but i am real good at finding the ones that like to cheat, oh and the lates addition of my ex's was katie who beacuse of a few miles between us started to date my friend... she is not with him any more, and now wants me back.... i dont understand what she is thinking..... never the less even though i have been done wrong in all of my relationships i still try to be friend with them.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:43 PM   #14
cutiepy701

I broke up with my last b/f because he could never put me first. Never. I don't expect much, but he always made me feel like I came last. First it was drugs, then his dog, then friends and I was somewhere after that. I don't think he was ready to be in a serious relationship. So after a year I called it quits.

Its not like I wanted to be #1 all the time, but I always felt like everything was more important than I was, even stupid sh!t
Old 12-02-2002, 01:50 PM   #15
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepy701
I broke up with my last b/f because he could never put me first. Never. I don't expect much, but he always made me feel like I came last. First it was drugs, then his dog, then friends and I was somewhere after that. I don't think he was ready to be in a serious relationship. So after a year I called it quits.

Its not like I wanted to be #1 all the time, but I always felt like everything was more important than I was, even stupid sh!t

sounds like he was a jerk... gotta treat your girl right ya know.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:52 PM   #16
cutiepy701

He was kinda....he had his good sides....needless to say Im over that and with a wonderful man now.....who might I add Always puts me first....(or at least makes me feel/think I am)
Old 12-02-2002, 01:54 PM   #17
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepy701
He was kinda....he had his good sides....needless to say Im over that and with a wonderful man now.....who might I add Always puts me first....(or at least makes me feel/think I am)

sounds like your in a healthy relationship then. Girls do need to be put first and some guys like putting their girl first (yours truly does) and well its ashame when people abuse eachother in a relationship.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:58 PM   #18
cutiepy701

Very true....I actually look back and it makes me mad....it also makes me really really mad when I see people who were in my same situation or similar. People think that they can't do any better and that what they have is the best they can get, I USE to think this way, but then once you wake up and take a look around, you realize that you deserve the best there is.

It took my 4 years wasted, 2 serious relationships, and a few dating flings....to find someone I know will make me happy for the rest of my life....but it was all worth it, good and bad, at least in my eyes.....if it meant having the outcome I have now.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:39 PM   #19
Civic_Time

I broke up with my last gf beacause she cheated on me when i was away on vacation... with a total druggie who didnt even graduate highshcool. a real winner ya know. then she lied to me and all my firends saying it never happened. but one of my real friends had walked in on her and told it to me straight. anyways i havent talked to her since... she calls from time to time and i dont answer.

but i just started dating this really great girl named natalie... i was introduced to her by a friend and we just hit it off. She is great , she dosent smoke, do drugs, or drink. she is gorgeous and is a gernalism major at ASU. so im better off anyways with out my x.