::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2002, 01:32 PM   #1
Hyjnx

Intake on a 1995 Civic Hatchback...CX

Ive probably search the entire web and havent been able to find one intake / cold air intake, for a 1995 honda civic hatchback CX model, now my question is, are the DX engines the same lay out as the CX ? as in can i buy a DX intake or cold air intake, and still fit it into the CX without any modifications ? please tell me that i can, or find me a site that is selling the intakes....
Old 04-19-2002, 01:59 PM   #2
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

well which way does the throttle body fire..if it's straight up it's not teh same as the DX if it's Horizonal towards thje side of the engine bay then it's the same and the DX version will work for you just fine.

If nothing else check like www.coximports.com and give them a call and see if they have anything in stock. I'm sure when you tell them what you have they will hook you right up. Or any other after market parts dealer.

Hope this helps..
Old 04-19-2002, 05:50 PM   #3
Hyjnx

I checked out the specs on the engines compared to the DX and they are both the 1.4l SOHC engies with the inline 4's. Now see the thing is i was told that they should work out, but im not sure how credible the source is, im really lookin for AEM but i guess at this point ill take anything that i can get, but i mean i see alot for the CX of the 96-00 and errr im getting a year before that...so maybe if u know any acctual manufacuters that make em for the 95's that would help much
Old 04-20-2002, 04:57 PM   #4
slowEJ6

1.4??? its a 1.5.
the intake off the DX will fit on yours.
so AEM makes one for you
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:35 PM   #5
Hyjnx

w0oooooooo buddy, your right...1.5 well still, so the DX will work huh ? so i gotta get this straight ....1995 DX AEM Cold Air Intake will fit the CX huh ?
Old 04-21-2002, 10:26 PM   #6
slowEJ6

same engine....so yup
Old 04-22-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
PabloHoney

No, it's not the same engine. The CX is the same block, but the heads are way way different. The CX is a 8 valve head, where the DX is a 16 valve (giving it it's extra 30-some horse). Anyway though, I imagine the AEM CAI for a DX would work. Don't know if it's gonna help any though.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:43 PM   #8
Hyjnx

Yo I emailed DCSports..and asked them what i asked you about their intakes and this is what i got back:

I have just recently bought a 1995 Honda Civic CX. Now, Im not too sure about how the engine is compared to say a DX Civic engine, but I was wondering if I bought your DX intake for my car, would it fit the engine without any major modifications ? or any DX intake for that matter, but I was looking at purchasing yours.

Sorry the intake for the Civic will not fit on the CX model.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:53 PM   #9
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by PabloHoney
No, it's not the same engine. The CX is the same block, but the heads are way way different. The CX is a 8 valve head, where the DX is a 16 valve (giving it it's extra 30-some horse). Anyway though, I imagine the AEM CAI for a DX would work. Don't know if it's gonna help any though.
haha, worded (or lack thereof) that wrong. at least somebody caught it.
i dont see why the intake wouldnt work on a CX.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:58 PM   #10
Hyjnx

maybe thats just DCSports Intakes, maybe AEM would be different im not sure
Old 04-22-2002, 02:00 PM   #11
Hyjnx

Pablo what kind of 95 hatch u got ?
Old 04-22-2002, 02:21 PM   #12
PabloHoney

DX, why for?

I looked in my service manual and found that the intake manifolds ARE different between a DX and CX. The D15B7 (DX) and D16Z6 (Si) have the same manifold and the D15Z1 (VX) and the D15B8 (CX) have the same manifold. The difference I have found is that CX/VX throttle body is smaller than the DX/Si one. So that is why for one that the intake won't "fit", but that could possibly be fixed with a little silicone tubing. My service manual doesn't give the bore of the throttle body though, so I can't tell you for sure how much bigger it is. It looks a might bit smaller though (like 10mm maybe, not for sure). Anyway, there can always be modification on the tubing, it's just tubing for ****** sake.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:24 PM   #13
Hyjnx

so i gotta look for VX parts ?
Old 04-22-2002, 03:56 PM   #14
PabloHoney

Yea, you could, but I don't think you are gonna find any. Most people mod a VX or a CX by dropping in a new engine, so not many companies will make parts for the stock engine. Modification of other parts seems to be your key.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:53 PM   #15
Hyjnx

ya see i just wanted a intake :'(...oh well eventually there will be a Type R engine in my bay so im cool with whatever

i like looks alot more too
Old 04-23-2002, 09:20 PM   #16
slowEJ6

just get a K&N drop in filter for $40
Old 04-25-2002, 02:07 PM   #17
Hyjnx

any ideas roughly on the HP for that ? i know it wont be much