::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2001, 08:07 AM   #1
Boosted3g

solid motor mounts?

Ive read a few articles on some turbo cars and some af teh more powerful ones have solid motor mounts. Does anyone know where to get them? Are they custom made of what because I have never seen them.
Old 09-09-2001, 02:33 PM   #2
Big James

I wonder if they just mean solid poly mount. If that is what they are talking about, you can get them anywhere. Energy Suspension and Prothane both make them. I have them in my car, and it helped with wheel hop and traction. A true solid mount would shake everything in your car loose.
Old 09-09-2001, 03:11 PM   #3
Wookie

Nah, those are just the motor mount inserts. He means the whole mount with NO PLAY.

Check out this month's Honda Tuning with Jeremy Lokofsky's L'Natural CRX on the cover. He's got solid mounts for his H23. MAJOR vibrations will result so beware. Take the vibrations from the poly inserts X10!!
Old 09-09-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
Boosted3g

Im not worried about vibrations at all. I am gooing to go almost full race here very shorty so the car will only have limited street use. I dont happen to have a copy of Honda Tuning but do you know if they happened to say where he got them from.
Old 09-09-2001, 08:09 PM   #5
Wookie

I'll look tonight when I get home from work and I'll let ya know.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #6
Wookie

I looked at the article, but it says nothing about the monuts. The drivers side is H shaped tubular. One side of the H is in the original mount position, a bar connects it to the other side of the H which is connected to the motor. The rear mount is the same design only bigger.

They don't look too hard to fabricate - just make sure the welds are super strong and the steel is solid and not hollow.
Old 09-17-2001, 07:47 PM   #7
Boosted3g

Alrighty I have found them. Well just the back one with is the most important one anyway. HASport sells them and they are 175.00
Old 09-19-2001, 08:55 AM   #8
extasy

mounts

a company called SRR makes them for pretty much every Civic motor... they're not cheap around 5 bills for all the "torque" mounts. I have a shop that can get them.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:28 PM   #9
DLB1994

man i had a solid motor mount in my just for the track my *** on slicks at the track i broke bolts on the motor mount the part on the motor it helps alot no wheel hop at all but when u leave at the track its hard on the car