::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #1
hidlight@bellsou

Help with 93 V-Tech

I have a 93 honda prelude V-tech with the H22 engine. Mods include,with HID headlights, HID fog lights, tails, 2.5 in piping from headers out with no cat, Hayame exaust with 4.7 outlet, K&N Cold air intake, and platnum splitfire plugs. The problem I am having is that my car has been runing hydrocarbons very high for a couple of years now and creaping up. Now it has a white smoke coming out when i rev it or crank it as well as it smells like unburnt gas. The inspection readings told me that i was not burning oil or having blow by, but i put in a heavy wt synthetic in their anyway. I was told i need to change the plugs and wires. So i did and when i pulled out my old plugs starting from the distributor cap to the right plug (plug one ok just little rusty) *(plug two little oil on it ) ( plug 3 Covered in oil) ( plug 4 dont know how this was firing, covered in oil). Now I have done all that and it ran smoother but still smells like gas, and puffing smoke at high rpm's and first cranking.

Including when i got the exaust welded in it was brand new piping and 2 days later it was completely black inside my new muffler. I even wiped it one day completely clean and it took 24h to build back up.

I heard after you do all these mods you have to adjust the computer fuel pressure to air ratio.

I also heard with a car that has a no restriction air the compression in the chamber can overload the spark plug and not get a big ignition of gas and thus not fully burning the fuel.

This sounds about right but what recommendations.

I heard you can get laptop programs and plug your computer to the car port and adjust the program. My only problem cant find this anywhere and nobody knows.

Also can you upload and share computer mods with other vtech owners so multiple people can figure out the best settings?

Thanks for your help,

Sorry for the long report
Old 02-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #2
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

i dont know, sorry to be the ass but its Vtec, not V-tech, V-Tech is a phone

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 07:06 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah.. its vtec, not v-tec or v-tech. and yu can buy an aftermarket computer, but it sounds like your rings are going or something... it shouldnt be burning oil(white smoke) that bad. i'd get a leak down compression test and make sure that everything is in spec.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 01:49 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmm for your plugs covered in oil the oil is not coming from the cilinder. look for the headcover gaskets, and the rocker arm aseemblies. also your piping is too big for your car. you should have gone 2.5" tops. i would try advancing the ignition a bit and reset the ecu

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #5
1badlude

I think you have a problem with your fuel.. My timing is advanced in my lude so when it is at high rpms it tends to let out a little smoke or a pop. I would look into your timiing.