User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2002, 06:48 PM   #1
Promo2000

4 Easy newbie questions ;)

Hello!
Here are the questions:
1. Is the bomz accesories good? because I have seen some CAI, exhaust, etc. at very low prices.

2. What does the AEM fuel rail do on a stock engine, is it worth buying?

3. Does anybody know where can I buy the little squares that are next to de head lights?

4. I'm planing to buy a couple of autometer gauges. What gauges are worth buying (air fuel ratio, oil presure, oil temp, voltimeter, water temp, water presure)?

5. Is there a difference between a DC Sports Headers and some generic headers? Like Hp racing?

Thanks guys!
Im waiting to leave my car as I want to put some pictures on the forum
Old 12-28-2002, 07:02 PM   #2
cantdrive55

Re: 4 Easy newbie questions ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by Promo2000
Hello!
Here are the questions:
1. Is the bomz accesories good? because I have seen some CAI, exhaust, etc. at very low prices.

2. What does the AEM fuel rail do on a stock engine, is it worth buying?

3. Does anybody know where can I buy the little squares that are next to de head lights?

4. I'm planing to buy a couple of autometer gauges. What gauges are worth buying (air fuel ratio, oil presure, oil temp, voltimeter, water temp, water presure)?

5. Is there a difference between a DC Sports Headers and some generic headers? Like Hp racing?

Thanks guys!
Im waiting to leave my car as I want to put some pictures on the forum

That's 5 questions but I'll answer them anyway.
1) Never heard of them.
2)On a stock engine, it will make it look a little bit prettier.
3) www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
4) oil pressure, the others are up to you, I have oil pressure and air/fuel since the air/fuel is cool looking. Fuel pressure is also another one that will be useful once you get some fuel system upgrades.
5) DC supposedly has the best gains. They are 50 state legal, everybody has them. If I had an H22 though, I'd have the GReddy header.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:17 PM   #3
Promo2000

WOW thanks u really cant drive.. lol!!!
Old 12-28-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
blind34_1

for questions 1 and 5, you get what you pay for. ever wonder why DCsports headers run about 300-400, and pacesetter headers are 150? QUALITY.
and also, i've never heard of bomz.

for your intake, get AEM, injen, or iceman. For exhaust, go for only the top-end brands, like tanabe, dc sports, etc.

why do you need the plastic grills? you can check junkyards, but that gen of lude is rare. I found one, but the front end was destroyed. DON'T buy direct from honda, they will rape you on prices.

when it comes to guages, the only ones that seem most useful ould be oil pressure and airfuel mix. dont go crazy with guages.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #5
Promo2000

Originally posted by blind34_1
for questions 1 and 5, you get what you pay for. ever wonder why DCsports headers run about 300-400, and pacesetter headers are 150? QUALITY.

Does quality means performance?

for your intake, get AEM, injen, or iceman.
Thanks

For exhaust, go for only the top-end brands, like tanabe, dc sports, etc.

Does it matters the brand in the exhaust?

Why do you need the plastic grills?
Because both of mine are broken and it don't look nice.

Quote:
DON'T buy direct from honda, they will rape you on prices. lol thats true!

when it comes to guages, the only ones that seem most useful ould be oil pressure and airfuel mix. dont go crazy with guages. Oki doki!

Thanks for the answers.
I saw some interesting things from BOMZ like these bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=1875885 762
Old 12-29-2002, 02:26 PM   #6
blind34_1

I'd say quality is performance. you want a header that isn't going to break down the road. I've heard that pacesetter headers crack easily, but dont quote me on that. save up an buy the dcsports header.

This summer I'm going to begin redoing my exhuast. I'm looking at only high end brands that do mandrelbends, and use high quality material. I had a new muffler put on not even a year ago, and it is already 50% rust. I plan on using only the best piping and other components. I can't really talk intelligently about good brands for full or catback exhuasts, but I've heard good things about tanabe.

research bomz before you buy any of their product.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

exausts are probobly the biggest performance difference/sound for hwta you pay for. if you get a muffler... your getting a horrible sound, and no performance increase. for exausts, i'dstick with greddy, apex'i, tanabe, or RS*R. for headers, DC is you have a h23, greddy if you have an h22. fuel mods are worthless unless you've have some subsantial upgrades

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 12:10 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Promo2000

I saw some interesting things from BOMZ like these bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=1875885 762

i really wouldn't trust that held on with screws. i like the idea but welds are a lot better, plus you are gonna end up with a very stiff chassis, and you will have a lot of problema in low traction situations.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 12:48 PM   #9
Promo2000

Thanks for the help guys!
I thought that having a stiff chassis would make me have a better handling?
Old 12-30-2002, 12:52 PM   #10
silver

in regards to bomz I am a distributor of it. pm me and let me know what you would like to know about it. The quality is good, they use the same manufacturers for their cam gears as aem does. Plus they will be releasing tons of parts. I am in the process of building a civic at the moment with all bomz parts.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:38 PM   #11
Promo2000

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
in regards to bomz I am a distributor of it. pm me and let me know what you would like to know about it. The quality is good, they use the same manufacturers for their cam gears as aem does. Plus they will be releasing tons of parts. I am in the process of building a civic at the moment with all bomz parts.

Joust for the forum record and for my knowledge, would you be so kind to give all of us some more info. about that brand. I saw around E-bay that bomz have some mufflers, bars, and some intakes too with AEM bypass valve. Basically what I want to know is the advantages over the other brands, I noticed much lower prices! But anything else?
Old 12-30-2002, 02:43 PM   #12
silver

Basically bomz in making parts for all aspects of the car. Bodykits, intakes, headers, cam gears, mufflers, seats, wings, lighting...basically everything except for engine internals. I would even venture to believe that they will be making wheels in the future.

What are the advantages? Well first off, the price. Compared to names such as aem and dc, their prices are lower. Quality??? I have an inventory right now of m3 mirrors, drag wings, several different exhausts, s2000 push button starters, various euro tails/altezzas, a few strut bars, and I believe some other misc. items such as shift knobs and what not. My honest opinion, the mufflers are just as good as anyone elses, you can't really mess up on the design of a muffler. The mirrors look good and are nice, the wings look great but do require a little modification(I believe that is due to the factory packaging though, hopefully that will change), the tail lights are nice. I have yet to see their intakes yet but I should be receiving some soon as samples. They are releasing "carbon fiber" seats in the near future as well.

Sorry for the long post, I hope that this answered some questions for you.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote