::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2002, 08:19 PM   #1
onebad90accord

Exclamation Help My Car Broke

I need help my car died today and I can't figure it out!

Symptoms: When you put in the key and start it then let go of the key it dies! Also I had to override the tranny with the key option because it wouldn't change gears with out it!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2002, 08:57 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i have a feeling you need a new shifter cable for the tranny part. Did u have the check engine coming on before all this started ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:57 PM   #3
azn_nite_ryder

you have to be a lil bt more specific on how it dies... does it studder then die??? or does it just cut off??
it could be many things... try to explain a lil more and we could try to help out..... if you ask me.. sounds like your air / fuel thingy just needs adjusting....
Old 01-11-2002, 10:47 AM   #4
onebad90accord

i also think it could be the air fuel thing but i did have a check engine ligh that came on about 6 months ago but it just went off after a couple of days...so i didnt think nothing of it and just drove, its funny that you said the tranny, my car is an automatic and i sometimes shut the car off and cant take the keys out because it dosent register that it is in part until i pump the brakes and move the shifter thing around, yah but the car will stay on as long as i hold the key in the start position but right when i let go of the key it just dies off and when i hold the key in the start position it will stay running but it will make a squelling noise and also when i put it in the acc thing nothing works but the stereo and the windows wont roll up....
Old 01-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #5
urbanlegend21

sounds like an ignition problem, like it is losing connection after you move the key back
does it keep running because you are grinding the starter up, becuase I suggest against that highly
Old 01-12-2002, 08:13 AM   #6
Smitty90acc

I'm not sure about the ignition problems, but I had the same issue with the auto shifter on my car. It was caused by a blown fuse, the HORN-STOP fuse to be specific.
Old 01-12-2002, 01:36 PM   #7
azn_nite_ryder

hey smitty90acc

i dunno if i taled to you this summer.... but i want to meet up with you guys (the Toronto Accord club)..... i figure once i bring back out my car all looking different again... id like to take it out... hehehe...
just let me know when you guys meet up....
Old 01-12-2002, 02:09 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah smitty let me know too. it's only a 6 hr drive from me.

Old 01-13-2002, 12:04 AM   #9
Smitty90acc

I'll definetly post up notices a few weeks before our major events. We're planning some awesome stuff this year, and it'd be great to finally meet some of the non-local Accord enthusiasts I've seen on the Honda boards for so long! You can also go check our our website for dates and times... I promise we'll do a better job distinguishing between the BIG meets and the "10 guys standing around in the Dave and Buster's parking lot" meets.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:50 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'll come and check you out. i hope i'm welcome with the stock accord

Ohh wait i see some stocks at the first meet

Old 01-14-2002, 01:32 AM   #11
azn_nite_ryder

yea i hope you guys also accept my stock accord...