::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2002, 06:31 PM   #1
Fatal070

hmmm i have a good ?

ok my ? is what kind of tires/rims should i get because i hate these lil skinny tires i mean i used to drive a mustang GT i liked it but we sold it now i have my civic and i don't know how big or wide to go some i could use some brand names to get and some rims i was looking at the rims in my super streed ROH Blade rims but my main ? is what size and how wide and what kind of tires thanx
Fatal070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 07:56 PM   #2
midjjj

there are a few threads on this floating around right now, but to somewhat answer, it depends on what you're going for. You really have either Show, Performance or maybe a hybrid, but I'll go over the first 2.

Before you get anything, like with all mods, realize you're most likely going to change your ride and might have to make a sacrafice on something here or there.

For Show: I personally love Chrome, Chrome, Chrome. For style's, check Konig, Arelli is one of my favs, there is a post on here that has 50+ sites, check it out. Once you find a type you like, you need to pick a size. Be careful here, you're not driving an Escalade you can put twenty's on. Too big a wheel is going to F*** up your suspension, I have seen 18s on a civic, but didn't like them too much, I would say 17's or smaller. You'll need to go with Low Profile tires too. A good thing to check before you change is the overall diamater of your setup now and decide how much you want to change that(take into account the lowering effect and suspension changes that might need to be made). Rremeber the size too if you want to change your exhaust (I made a mistake with that).

For Performance: You want light but strong Rims and you might not wanna go too big. After some advice, I went with Kosei K-1 15s on Kuhmo ESTCA Supra's. You want a good handling tire to go with the Rim. A lot of people lIke Modegi here too. you could go with a JDM type Rim if you want to pay $$$.

Sorry for the lengthy respnse, hope it helps. Check out
www.tirerack.com to see your car with any rim on it. Good Luck!!!

Anyone feel free to add or correct me on any of this.

JT
Old 04-02-2002, 08:11 PM   #3
HondaTypeJ

Tenzo AV7 (17")! Theyare sweet. I will post pics when I get a dig. cam.