.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2002, 11:12 AM   #1
turbod97ex

Good Prices on Greddy Parts (20-25% off of list)

Hey all. I cut a deal with the performance shop where I get my parts, Alamo Autosports. I was getting a discount on the turbo and related accessories but now get a discount on all Greddy stuff. The discount is 20-25% off of list price (what you see on Greddy's website) and I will get some dyno time depending on how much I sell. That's a pretty good discount I think. For example, the Greddy Turbo kit that lists at $1995 would be $1496, the EVO exhaust lists for $599 and I get it for $449. Not everything is 25% off but most of it is. Email me for quotes.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:03 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Please, no selling in the forum. If you'd like to sell something, post it in the classifieds at www.hondastyle.com/classifieds.

Thanks

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
turbod97ex

I am not selling anything. I am pointing out what I did to go out of my way to get you guys on Hondastyle a deal when it comes to Greddy parts. In fact, I think I ought to post the same thing in every forum so everyone knows.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:31 PM   #4
Boosted3g

Hes a moderator cut him some slack.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Oops, didn't read it close enough. Sorry bout that turbod97ex, forget what I said :o

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
turbod97ex

No problem man. These prices could be killer for us. I have looked at other sites and they don't come close to this discount even during a group buy. The EVO exhaust is $450. That's awesome. I paid $529 for it a year ago.
Old 04-06-2002, 10:08 AM   #7
ill_take_one

Hey, man, could i get some of those prices??? i know you emailed me awhile ago,,,but there were no prices....
how long are these prices going for?
I'm REALLY interested in the Greddy Turbo kit, and a few extras...
hit me up!!
or just pm me the info.
excessive_civic@hondafan.com
peace
Old 04-06-2002, 08:21 PM   #8
xbird

:)

Nice Deal Steve

I got a better one though haha.....

it's still a good price
Old 04-09-2002, 06:46 AM   #9
turbod97ex

Yeah, just email me with what you want. I see on Hondavision that you needed a type 31 intercooler. Here is what I tried to reply to you over there but could not login for some reason:

Yes, I sell the Type 31 intercooler. Thanks Thermal. Greddy used to sell a Type 26, which is smaller and is the one I use, but they just recently discontinued it. The Type 31 does come with piping but is designed to bolt up to the Greddy turbo kit for the 92-95 kit.

As far as your auto transmission, if you drive conservatively like you said and don't shift your transmission like it's a tiptronic, you will get ok life with it. I recommend using a quality racing synthetic transmission fluid and maybe a tranny cooler too. Even at just 7 your transmission is going to take a lot of abuse. I would say that you can't expect to get more than 25k miles out of it once you realize the power you have gained. I don't see how I could keep my foot off of the pedal. Not that I speed much but just rapping it up to the speed limit and getting on the highway is fun.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #10
ill_take_one

Quote:
Originally posted by turbod97ex
Yeah, just email me with what you want. I see on Hondavision that you needed a type 31 intercooler. Here is what I tried to reply to you over there but could not login for some reason:

Yes, I sell the Type 31 intercooler. Thanks Thermal. Greddy used to sell a Type 26, which is smaller and is the one I use, but they just recently discontinued it. The Type 31 does come with piping but is designed to bolt up to the Greddy turbo kit for the 92-95 kit.

As far as your auto transmission, if you drive conservatively like you said and don't shift your transmission like it's a tiptronic, you will get ok life with it. I recommend using a quality racing synthetic transmission fluid and maybe a tranny cooler too. Even at just 7 your transmission is going to take a lot of abuse. I would say that you can't expect to get more than 25k miles out of it once you realize the power you have gained. I don't see how I could keep my foot off of the pedal. Not that I speed much but just rapping it up to the speed limit and getting on the highway is fun.

Hey man, thanks for your help,,,i think i've finally gotten all of my turbo questions answered,,,now i just need to wait patiently for money!! anyway, I do drive my car quite conservatively,,,and i know if i got a turbo i might drive her a little more harder. I DO plan on getting a B&M Tranny cooler further down the road. I also plan on getting the type 31 intercooler too. "The Type 31 does come with piping but is designed to bolt up to the Greddy turbo kit for the 92-95 kit. " can you check what you are saying,,,It does come with it? or doesnt? i need it for the 92-95 kit,,,.
Later!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:32 PM   #11
xbird

I have actually posted this on the other site
i am not sure if u read it or not

i have actually emailed Greddy and asked about them... here is what they said :
"The difference between the Type 31 and Type 24 intercooler kits is the size of the intercooler core. Type 31 measures H186 x L600 x W76mm and the Type 24 measures H276 x L600 x W76mm. So basically the kits are the same except the Type 24 is much taller.
Basically the Type 31 kit is the largest intercooler we could fit without having to cut into the bumper support. So the Type 24 is not recommended for use on the street since in order to install it you must cut or remove the front bumper support.
Power wise the Type 24 will give more flow and better cooling, but both kits work very well."

so.. the type 31 is the best.... unless u r boostinb VERY high

good luck....
Old 04-11-2002, 12:35 AM   #12
xbird

Oh yeah also, are you going to install the turbo ur self??
I do recommend doing it urself, it's very very very very easy !!

i just installed mine few months ago.. took me ALONE for 10 hours.. i think you should take it for two days, more relaxing... but hehe.. once u started, u don't want to stop until u get it done

And also, you have ME, Steve, Thermal, lots of ppl to help u out on ur installation !!!

good luck
Old 04-11-2002, 03:07 PM   #13
ill_take_one

Hey thanks you guys for all the help, it's very much appreciated!!
anyway, i WAS planning on doing it,,,but damn, do i need my car on a lift or not? Or can i just drive up on those metal ramp things.? will that give me enough room to get under there?
yeah, i noticed that install thread, i think located in the "step by step" forum,,,i think that'll prove to be very very helpful. I think i've read over it like 3 times already!
Anyway, i thought i'd also say, if anyone of you knows of anyone that would be interested in my Racing Hart Evo CP-8's (bronze), i'd be willing to sell. I just bought them, but i want the money for my greddy turbo, NOW They've only had about 100 miles put on them.
Thanks again!
Old 04-11-2002, 05:43 PM   #14
xbird

try to post ur rims on www.thepartstrader.com, very good site for selling and buying

and yes, i think it's very good for you to read through the instructions many many many times, then once u start working on it, it will be hella easier, i read it like haha.. 10 times?? hahaha..... i was nervous :P

as for jacking up ur car, i think you will need a jack and 2 jackstands......

these are the best, although it's still tough working below the car with two jack stands, but u will be fine

go to www.turbocivic.net and read everything there, he has a list of RECOMMENDED tools... get those...

and before actually installing the turbo, i suggest..

install the exhaust long time before turbo
install the GAUGES before the turbo setup....
what else... hmm...... i think that's all before installing... i am not 100 % sure...
it's the best to check out steve's page, he has all the info.. very very helpful... especially for the position of drilling the oil pan.. u need to be careful to drill that hole.. and i 100 % recommend to get a godo quality drill bits... it took me forever to drill the hole with cheap tools, and it's dangerous too :P

so... keep posting, we always have SOHC TURBO newbies on this site, and we are always happy to help you out !

right everybody??
Old 04-28-2002, 01:38 AM   #15
d16twannbe

can you get the profec b and timer? if so how much?
Old 04-28-2002, 02:02 AM   #16
xbird

You've got mail!
Old 05-23-2002, 07:26 PM   #17
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by turbod97ex
No problem man. These prices could be killer for us. I have looked at other sites and they don't come close to this discount even during a group buy. The EVO exhaust is $450. That's awesome. I paid $529 for it a year ago.

I can get it for $400 out the door. = )
Old 05-23-2002, 08:09 PM   #18
turbod97ex

Where can we buy the EVO for $400 out the door Clowny?
Old 05-23-2002, 08:29 PM   #19
MrCLoWnY

Options AutoSalON........ My homie works there
Old 05-23-2002, 10:27 PM   #20
xbird

THAT'S A PRICE THAT NOBODY CAN BEAT !!!!

it's BELOW COST !! hahaa

Old 05-23-2002, 10:52 PM   #21
MrCLoWnY

HOmie hooks are the best!
Old 05-23-2002, 11:11 PM   #22
xbird

TYPO

hey, you got a typo on your signature
it's the TYPE 31, not 21 hehehe

when are u going to update your website and tell us all ur mods??!!!

and some pictures too !!!

good luck
Old 05-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #23
MrCLoWnY

thanks X bird. ITs Type 24 not 21. hehee. I got me a big one !
Old 05-24-2002, 11:25 PM   #24
xbird

oh cool
but i would have gone custom
coz greddy makes it too expensive

go check out www.homemadeturbo.com, they have a nice one there
and that's what i am getting in the future

spending 800 bucks for the greddy is too expensive for A STUDENT !!!
Old 05-25-2002, 07:31 PM   #25
MrCLoWnY

I paid $760 for mine
Old 05-25-2002, 07:53 PM   #26
xbird

that's a good price
i can get it 10 bucks lower

but plus shipping
same thing
Old 05-27-2002, 08:02 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i wish i could pay 760 for one, i'd be turbo'd no doubt, im paying no less that 2g's

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:48 PM   #28
xbird

2 grand?????????????!!!!!!!!!!

for what??
just the exhaust?? don't scare me !!!