User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2002, 01:31 PM   #41
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
then there is NO inaccuracy in the unit. it's driver/conditional error that screws things up. you shouldn't go around bashing the most revolutionary product released in 20 years cuz you can't find a straight road.

I'm not trying to be a dick it's just that Noob's could read that and be like oh im not getting one of those. then the good people at g-tech loose money cuz you mis-informed somebody.

Misinformed? Read it again. I stated the same thing you jsut said. Conditional error = roads not always flat. Simple as that. I've used them and I know for fact they are not that accurate on everyday roads.

Do you own some Tesla stock or something? You seem to hold the G-Tech on an almighty pedestal.

Its a unique device and can give a rough idea of how your car is performing. But it is in no way something to use for precision. That is unless you have some perfect flat roads around.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:41 PM   #42
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

There have been many posts on message boards where people would take their Gtechs to the track and come up with significantly different numbers than what they had on their timeslips also.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:57 PM   #43
JDMB16

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
There have been many posts on message boards where people would take their Gtechs to the track and come up with significantly different numbers than what they had on their timeslips also.

so so true...and if anyone says that the Gtech IS accurate then don't listen because they obviously don't know what they are talking about. They are a scam and VERY innacurate
Old 11-20-2002, 02:31 PM   #44
nonovurbizniz

they're not a scam it's a friggin accelerometer. it has limits so if you pull over 3 g's on launch then ya that can screw it up. but how many of you guys are pulling 3g's.

it's not the instrument thats faulty. You guys are calling it a scam when your lack of driving skills seem to be the problem.

And as far as owning stock hell no. but that doesn't change the fact that these guys released a product that can only be replaced by a dyno or track time. for dirt cheap at that. look at these halmeters and other wideband o2 or vtec controllers. they're all simple electronics that some company charges an arm and a leg for. the people at gtech could have done the same thing but they didn't they made it affordable to the average person.

SO ONCE AGAIN... If you can't drive your car well and screw up the thing's readings or if you CHOOSE to try it on an uneven road then YOU are the malfunctioning unit. not the gtech.

So unless road & track decided to throw away there years of experience and good name to sell some gtech's your all wrong.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:37 PM   #45
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by JDMB16
so so true...and if anyone says that the Gtech IS accurate then don't listen because they obviously don't know what they are talking about. They are a scam and VERY innacurate

Oh.... so a nameless HS members with no credentials or experience in test driving cars are more reliable than the guys at road and track??????

I don't think so. there are LOTS of totally misinformed threads on this site.

just because it's hard to get accurate results doesn't mean the device is at fault.

I'm not saying that people don't get inaccurate results.

I'm saying that it's there fault not tesla's or the g-tech's.

If you used a scientific scale to measure the weight of something down to the thousanth of 10thousanth and didn't eliminate wind then your results would be inaccurate. It's not because the sealed scale your using is inaccurate it's because YOU used it in a way that will make it inaccurate (not closing the doors).
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 02:42 PM   #46
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:

it's not the instrument thats faulty. You guys are calling it a scam when your lack of driving skills seem to be the problem.

SO ONCE AGAIN... If you can't drive your car well and screw up the thing's readings

I own a gtech pro. I'm not knocking it down, but they aren't that accurate. Read my previous post.

I never called it a scam. A slightly inaccurate device does not constitute a scam.

Tell me this: how can bad driving affect the measurement, assuming you trip it (which I've never had not happen).

Old 11-20-2002, 06:33 PM   #47
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
I own a gtech pro. I'm not knocking it down, but they aren't that accurate. Read my previous post.

I never called it a scam. A slightly inaccurate device does not constitute a scam.

Tell me this: how can bad driving affect the measurement, assuming you trip it (which I've never had not happen).

1. They are that accurate. there is nothing in it to malfunction. it consists of a 3g accelerometer and a chip that takes the info givin by the accelrmtr. multiplies it by the weight you entered and divedes by time. there is nothing for IT to screw up.

2. I know you didn't someone else did.

3. if you buck forward between shifts it screws up the reading
if you pull past 3g's in any direction it screws it up.
if you pick a road that has any side to side or front to back variations it can quickly account for an inaccurate reading.

I'm not saying that if your a good driver it'll work perfect everytime.

What I am saying is that ABSOLUTELY NO FAULT LIES WITH THE G-TECH it's design or components. it is ENTIRELY user error if you don't get accurate responses.

It takes some getting used to and yes after borrowing one for 2 weeks I did get consistant and imo accurate results.

the biggest problem i see with it is that you have no idea what to actually enter for the weight.

sure sure lots of people say it's in the door jam (it is)
and other say it includes the weight of 4 passengers (it may)
NOW try and figure out the actual weight of your car from that..
it's not gunna happen you have to get it weighed on an industrial scale for accurate weight.

NOW... If you really want to point out it's weakness' .

1. they should have an option to mount 4 other accelerometers at the corners of your car so it could deduce road conditions.
2. It should have at least 2 accelerometers where 1 is now. so it can accomidate for over 3g's (I'd personally say it should have 3 so you can measure it more accurately.)
3.MOUNT IT ON A GYROSCOPE. this'll remove any chance of user error.

AGAIN. I'm not trying to be a dick it's just that the statement
" those things are really inaccurate" is FALSE.

they are very accurate therefore VERY hard to use.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:48 PM   #48
JDMB16

Quote:
they're not a scam it's a friggin accelerometer. it has limits so if you pull over 3 g's on launch then ya that can screw it up. but how many of you guys are pulling 3g's.

And as far as owning stock hell no. but that doesn't change the fact that these guys released a product that can only be replaced by a dyno or track time. for dirt cheap at that. look at these halmeters and other wideband o2 or vtec controllers. they're all simple electronics that some company charges an arm and a leg for. the people at gtech could have done the same thing but they didn't they made it affordable to the average person.

SO ONCE AGAIN... If you can't drive your car well and screw up the thing's readings or if you CHOOSE to try it on an uneven road then YOU are the malfunctioning unit. not the gtech.

So unless road & track decided to throw away there years of experience and good name to sell some gtech's your all wrong.

OMG you really have no clue
Old 11-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #49
JDMB16

Quote:
Oh.... so a nameless HS members with no credentials or experience in test driving cars are more reliable than the guys at road and track??????

I don't think so. there are LOTS of totally misinformed threads on this site.

just because it's hard to get accurate results doesn't mean the device is at fault.

I'm not saying that people don't get inaccurate results.

I'm saying that it's there fault not tesla's or the g-tech's.

If you used a scientific scale to measure the weight of something down to the thousanth of 10thousanth and didn't eliminate wind then your results would be inaccurate. It's not because the sealed scale your using is inaccurate it's because YOU used it in a way that will make it inaccurate (not closing the doors).

OMG you're just talking out your ass TRYING to save face. If you want to go and waste your money on one...be my guest...more power to you kid.

BTW...yeah I'm really in HS huh and have no "crudentials" Why don't you go do a search, look at my replies to threads and then see if you still think I'm dumb lol. Look kid, I mod 3 other boards and don't need some kid coming on here trying to act like he knows what he's talking about and steer others in the wrong direction....it's people like you that ruin other people's cars by giving them half assed, misinformation. Why don't you go buy a G-Tech, record your passes and then take it to a track and see your times and you would be pleasantly surprised. Until then, quit posting innaccurate, ignorant comments that have no value!!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:12 PM   #50
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
OMG you're just talking out your ass TRYING to save face. If you want to go and waste your money on one...be my guest...more power to you kid.

BTW...yeah I'm really in HS huh and have no "crudentials" Why don't you go do a search, look at my replies to threads and then see if you still think I'm dumb lol. Look kid, I mod 3 other boards and don't need some kid coming on here trying to act like he knows what he's talking about and steer others in the wrong direction....it's people like you that ruin other people's cars by giving them half assed, misinformation. Why don't you go buy a G-Tech, record your passes and then take it to a track and see your times and you would be pleasantly surprised. Until then, quit posting innaccurate, ignorant comments that have no value!!

I'm not trying to save face I could give a **** about anyone's opinion.

What exactly did I say that was inaccurate??
I don't plan on buying a g-tech nor do I suggest anyone else does.
""crudentials" " Thats not how I spelled it so... I'm not sure wtf you meant by that.

I'm not steering anyone anywhere. People stated they're inaccurate. That's not true. if it where then you'd figure that the many magazines' out there that have tested them wouldn't keep friggin raving about them.

as I said they are very hard to use. and in my post I talked about many flaws but none of them are really with the unit. it's accurate it's just hard to get accurate results.

Also I wasn't even goddam talking to you. I was replying in general to the post about them being inaccurate.

I'm so sick of you little B*tches whining about how I should look at your posts... Like I give a shit. what was said was inaccurate I corrected it. Quit being so sensitive and lashing out.

I'm not saying YOU are a dumbass. I'm saying that lots of kids (no i didn't mean YOU specificly or anyone else who posted on this thread.) get a gtech cant figure it out get wrong times and get pissed. that does not make them inaccurate. in the hands of road and track they reproduced everysingle run they did within ALL of the tolerance's that tesla advertise. I'm not saying you'll get the same results. But the device was PROVEN accurate.

Grow up chill out and don't go slinging Your a Bullshitter around because NOTHING I said was inaccurate.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:14 PM   #51
nonovurbizniz

Oh and not like I give a shit but If your birthday is accurate in your profile you called someone 6 years your senior "kid"
Old 11-20-2002, 10:26 PM   #52
4jacks

WOW...
this is a great thread..

I just wanted to let you "kids" heheh
Know that Any of those Trucker Weight Stations will actually weigh you and your car for like $5-10 dollars

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:30 PM   #53
ShEaNy

y doesnt someone just prove this by getting a Gtech...run a time with it....go to a track and get that time and compare!! not rocket science!! quit argueing!! my 0-60 time is roughly high 7's low 8 seconds...its hard to time it with a watch...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:05 AM   #54
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
1. They are that accurate. there is nothing in it to malfunction. it consists of a 3g accelerometer and a chip that takes the info givin by the accelrmtr. multiplies it by the weight you entered and divedes by time. there is nothing for IT to screw up.

2. I know you didn't someone else did.

3. if you buck forward between shifts it screws up the reading
if you pull past 3g's in any direction it screws it up.
if you pick a road that has any side to side or front to back variations it can quickly account for an inaccurate reading.

I'm not saying that if your a good driver it'll work perfect everytime.

What I am saying is that ABSOLUTELY NO FAULT LIES WITH THE G-TECH it's design or components. it is ENTIRELY user error if you don't get accurate responses.

It takes some getting used to and yes after borrowing one for 2 weeks I did get consistant and imo accurate results.

the biggest problem i see with it is that you have no idea what to actually enter for the weight.

sure sure lots of people say it's in the door jam (it is)
and other say it includes the weight of 4 passengers (it may)
NOW try and figure out the actual weight of your car from that..
it's not gunna happen you have to get it weighed on an industrial scale for accurate weight.

NOW... If you really want to point out it's weakness' .

1. they should have an option to mount 4 other accelerometers at the corners of your car so it could deduce road conditions.
2. It should have at least 2 accelerometers where 1 is now. so it can accomidate for over 3g's (I'd personally say it should have 3 so you can measure it more accurately.)
3.MOUNT IT ON A GYROSCOPE. this'll remove any chance of user error.

AGAIN. I'm not trying to be a dick it's just that the statement
" those things are really inaccurate" is FALSE.

they are very accurate therefore VERY hard to use.

Well written. I didn't think about rough shifts playing a part in the error. I know I'm guilty of some bumpy 1-2 shifts while using it.

Old 11-21-2002, 07:29 AM   #55
JDMB16

Quote:
I'm not trying to save face I could give a **** about anyone's opinion.

What exactly did I say that was inaccurate??
I don't plan on buying a g-tech nor do I suggest anyone else does.
""crudentials" " Thats not how I spelled it so... I'm not sure wtf you meant by that.

I'm not steering anyone anywhere. People stated they're inaccurate. That's not true. if it where then you'd figure that the many magazines' out there that have tested them wouldn't keep friggin raving about them.

as I said they are very hard to use. and in my post I talked about many flaws but none of them are really with the unit. it's accurate it's just hard to get accurate results.

Also I wasn't even goddam talking to you. I was replying in general to the post about them being inaccurate.

I'm so sick of you little B*tches whining about how I should look at your posts... Like I give a shit. what was said was inaccurate I corrected it. Quit being so sensitive and lashing out.

I'm not saying YOU are a dumbass. I'm saying that lots of kids (no i didn't mean YOU specificly or anyone else who posted on this thread.) get a gtech cant figure it out get wrong times and get pissed. that does not make them inaccurate. in the hands of road and track they reproduced everysingle run they did within ALL of the tolerance's that tesla advertise. I'm not saying you'll get the same results. But the device was PROVEN accurate.

Grow up chill out and don't go slinging Your a Bullshitter around because NOTHING I said was inaccurate.

ok, I'm not arguing, flaming or anything with your ass lol. You mean nothing to me and you are posting stuff that is not true. You say they are accurate and they are NOT!! Why won't you go buy a G-Tech, turn it on at the track, make a pass with the G-Tech and compare the times 'nuff said. Then you would KNOW they're innaccurate instead of talking out of your ass. BTW, I don't give a shit how old you are...you are posting innaccurate info stating that they are accurate. Where are these articles because I sure as hell haven't read them or ever seen them And learn how to spell and use correct grammar. But like I said, get one, run it as you're making a pass at the track and compare the times so you can feel like an idiot ok.

Oh yeah, why don't you also go ask this on a bigger board that has a lot of people and knowledgable people (not saying this one doesn't) or why don't you make a post saying that this POS IS accurate and all you're going to do is get flamed for saying it because people who actually have a clue and are serious about testing and tuning their cars KNOW that it's innaccurate as hell. Have a good day.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:46 AM   #56
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
WOW...
this is a great thread..

I just wanted to let you "kids" heheh
Know that Any of those Trucker Weight Stations will actually weigh you and your car for like $5-10 dollars

I live in CT. you have a better chance of winning the lottery with out a ticket than you do of finding an open weigh station.

And to the tempertantum havin little girl:

piss off dude. there's nothing inaccurate in my post if you think there is then PM with it. Otherwise your the one talkin out your ass.

And as far as my grammar and english goes...
That's the biggest "I've been owned" response there is.

And FINALLY I never said YOU would get the same numbers if you went to a track. I said that it is possible and driver/conditional error is all that accounts for discrepensies not problems with the divice.

Either way I'm not recomending getting one.

If you have anything left to say PM me.

We shouldn't Hijack the thread like this it's childish.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:41 AM   #57
JDMB16

you're funny because you still don't know what you're talking about, you don't want to feel like an idiot when you go to the track and find out how innaccurate it is and you're saying now that you don't reccommend getting one What a tool
Old 11-21-2002, 01:56 PM   #58
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
you're funny because you still don't know what you're talking about, you don't want to feel like an idiot when you go to the track and find out how innaccurate it is and you're saying now that you don't reccommend getting one What a tool

Hey man, refrain from personal attacks.

Old 11-21-2002, 03:29 PM   #59
andy_reynold28

Unless you run on the same stretch of road, with the same temperature and humidity, with no wind, no bumps in the road completely smooth, the moon and sun in the same place ( because lets face it the pull of the moon and sun will either slow the car up or speed it up. ) and don't forget your tyres will have to be changed after each run with identical tyres because after one run they will be slightly different.

O year and im sure there will be slight wear to engine components so hmmm that might be another veriable.
sorry for this post just being silly, the point is you will neva get two identical runs so, well yer just life aint it.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:36 AM   #60
JDMB16

Quote:
Hey man, refrain from personal attacks.

sorry bro, just trying to ward off the people who don't know what they're talking about so people don't go out and "waste" their money on this thing thinking that it will tell them exactly what times they're running.

Point is, take it to the track to get your REAL times
Old 11-22-2002, 01:15 PM   #61
nonovurbizniz

I agree with that but I Do know what I'm talking about

your the one who seems to be confused.

You still have not quoted a single inaccuraccy in any of my posts.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:30 PM   #62
4jacks

truck weight stations are mainly open in the day time
I don't see why they would be closed more often in one state than any others.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 11-22-2002, 02:42 PM   #63
nonovurbizniz

Ct weigh stations are never open. there was a public access show that took random trips by random weigh stations. EVERY TIME they were closed. the show was on for years.

I have personally seen one open 1 time. seriously and I drive a lot.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:47 PM   #64
4jacks

I just refuse to beleive that... State revenue comes from those weight stations, They have to be open...
I'm trying to remember my trip through CT, but i wasn't looking for them,

Anyway, you should be able to call them, they should have normal bussiness hours.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 11-22-2002, 03:09 PM   #65
nonovurbizniz

anyone who's still left up in the air about the g-tech read this

http://www.corral.net/projects/subzero/gtech.html

Also if you go to the site for gtech you'll see that they did indeed improve the newer one to include 3 accelerometers just like i said they should.

and for 4jacks

http://www.cfenv.org/11__few_inspections.htm

first line
Connecticut inspects a very low proportion of trucks compared to other states. This is consistent with the perception that truck weigh stations are too often closed.

2nd paragraph
Although Connecticut processes an average number of truck applications that generate on the order of $24 million in revenue annually, the number of trucks weighed, cleared, and inspected each year is surprisingly low. For example, while Connecticut weighs only 200,000 trucks a year, Colorado and Florida each weigh 5 million. And while Connecticut inspects 17,000 trucks annually, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, and New Jersey all inspect by a factor of four more. Table 3 presents data on the state regulatory approach to trucks in Connecticut, as compared to a more representative state such as Florida. Low inspection figures can at least partially be explained by the limited amount of time that the inspection stations were open and the minimal funding assigned to their operation.

Any questions
Old 11-22-2002, 03:15 PM   #66
nonovurbizniz

the above link (re the ct weigh stations) was the first result in a google search. check it out man. it really is unbelievable.

there are several groups dedicated to figuring out why ct is so lacking when it comes to running them right (i personally think it's drug money seriously. it may be conspiracy theorist but. non the less they are never open and we're on route for anyone looking to get rid of or get illegal things. drugs/stolen things etc.)

It may not be the case but never the less the weigh stations are not open on any regular basis
Old 11-22-2002, 06:35 PM   #67
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
I just refuse to beleive that... State revenue comes from those weight stations, They have to be open...
I'm trying to remember my trip through CT, but i wasn't looking for them,

Not true man. I drive by a couple on a regular basis and I've seen them open only a few times.

Old 11-23-2002, 06:20 PM   #68
4jacks

Fine, Screw Ct... just drive down to NY and get your dang car Weighed !

Nah, seriously though, I live 5 miles away from a weight station, I really haven't seen it closed except at night, its open on sundays sometimes

Happy Honda'ing