Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Step By Step
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 08:22 PM   #1
onebad90accord

Exclamation How to install Rear Strut Tower Brace for a 90-93 Accord

First of all start with putting down the back seat there is a little emergency latch in the trunk and then push it open.

Then the sides of the rear seat is where the strut bolts are located...
(When In Back Seat)
Pull Down the sides of the seats by lifting them up and then pull them down..

Once they are down then you are gonna have to take the rear decklid brace on the edge of the deck lid off they are just weird hooks you can just pull it off....

Next you need to take off the plastic thing from inside the car under the seat sides...

You Might have to pull out the little plug first if you cant just pull it and it will come off but the button will fly off....I know from doing it my self the hard part is tracking it down...lol....anyway that panel will come off...

Once the panel is off then you shold see a brace that goes vertical losen these bolts i am not sure what size they are...anyway take this brace off, you can put the strutbrace bracket on around them but its easier to take it off.

Next remove the bar from the bracket on the strutbraces. It makes installing the brackets easier!

Anyway there are two nuts around the strut that are 14mm take these off and place bracket part of the brace over the bolts to the strut...Put the nuts back on and make sure the bracket is facing straight across if not you either put on the wrong side or its upside down...

Once that part is done then line the bracket with the carpet and cut out the trunk lining with a box cutter so the piece fits all the way through the carpet......

Once this is done put everything back together the way you took them apart...and continue to the other side and do the same..

Once both brackets are installed take the actual brace part and install it with the supplied hardware.

and that should be it if you have any questions you can pm me and i will get back with you i check daily...Hope this helped..

Closed Thread