Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Bring it on snow...

Just bought as set of THESE for winter this year.
Much better than the balding, cracked pos general's I had last winter...

Went with the 185/65/14.

This is the only reason Im looking forward to snow.

I only spent $100 out of pocket since I sold $200 worth of parts recently...and there is also a $60 mail-in rebate, so I'll really only spend $40! Cant beat that price.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

no you spent the money, just that you didnt notice the money going away since you got money easily. Why buy snow tires? just drive safe in the winter. just because you got snow tires it doesnt mean the tires will allow you to drift in the rain.
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg

What do you know about snow, Mr LA?

Agh...there were a lot of examples I had written...its not worth it. You dont know what snow in this area is like, so you dont understand.

I didnt have the $200 before, and I wasnt using the parts...so Its like free money.

And who said anything about drifting? Rain in the winter?? More like ICE.

No offense man, but youre the last one who should lecture me on car parts...especially snow.
Ive lived in this area for 21yrs...I know how much easier it is to get around with snow tires in the winter.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

If i lived where it snowed i'd be driving a snow mobile all the time.

nice tires,should get some better grip on the roads.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
Why buy snow tires? just drive safe in the winter. just because you got snow tires it doesnt mean the tires will allow you to drift in the rain.

To reiderate what Pat said...let those of us who live in places where it actually snows worry about snow tires. I've got "all-weather" tires on my truck (all weather my ass) and I drive like a grandma in the snow. Yet about 2 years ago I managed to spin out taking a gentle turn at between 5-10mph. Hit the curb of a median and was lucky enough to only have some curb rash on 2 wheels. Driving careful doesn't always work. Sometimes you need better tires...or just do whatever you can to keep safe in the snow. Now...if he had asked advice on what to do in an earthquake, your response *might* have been valid.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg

"Word" Steve
I lost total traction last yr St Patty's day (remember?) because of the "all-seasons". Cost me $1000 in parts and paint. I was going at a safe speed...just hit the ice and lost it.
Anything I can do to prevent that again, especially at 1/25th the cost, I'll do it.
(thats 4% for those that dislike fractions )
Old 10-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
AzCivic

you should get the snow/ice tires they use on rally cars, now that'd be sick.

good buy though.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:21 PM   #8
mcruz
2nd Gear

i know what you guys are taking last winter spin out in the parking lot and had to have my front c-west bumper resprayed cause of the damn snow

FOCUSHARD
mcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 01:52 AM   #9
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

whatever you say. I give up. waste of money IMO
Old 10-16-2004, 02:13 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
I give up

Good.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:41 AM   #11
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Re: Bring it on snow...

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg

Just bought as set of THESE for winter this year.
Much better than the balding, cracked pos general's I had last winter...

Went with the 185/65/14.

This is the only reason Im looking forward to snow.

What a hoot!

I just bought a set of THESE, for the same reason...

Everyone praises Pirelli P3000 Cinturato M&S tires in mud and snow conditions. This will be interesting!

Like you said, bro, "Bring it on..."
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:55 AM   #12
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Agh...there were a lot of examples I had written...its not worth it. You dont know what snow in this area is like, so you dont understand...

They say a picture is worth 1000 words. Here's a snap of my Caddie Pimpmobile:

That dirty stuff at the top of the pic is the road (Central Arizona)! Enough said?

Heh! That reminds me - I gotta adjust my chains for the new tires.

You chain-up in the winter, Pdiggs?
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
Old 10-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #13
AzCivic

Quote:

your opinion is uneducated therefore invalid, now try again.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:53 AM   #14
sicones

my brother and friend bought Khumo ecstas ASX all season there gonna leave them on there rims all year round though

sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 09:54 AM   #15
pdiggitydogg

Quote:

Im glad, because you dont have a clue.

Quote:
Originally posted by BDC
You chain-up in the winter, Pdiggs?

Nah dude. Ive thought about it, but dont think I could stand the road noise, on the highway.

Im always amazed at the amount of snow that you get over there. I forget that it does do that.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #16
Civic_RedLine
3rd Gear

waste of money. rather buy something else that you need. tired are the last thing.

the smart thing to do is to chain those tires up and yet you still dont. waste of money on tires and still no chain up. thats a real waste of money that couldve gone to your performance parts.

Last edited by Civic_RedLine : 10-16-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:29 PM   #17
pdiggitydogg

Once again...you dont have a clue.
Have you ever put chains on your tires? Do you know the noise it makes? No. Plain and simple, you dont have any idea what its like to drive in the snow.
I, and many other people, concider this a worthy addition to a car that is driven all year. Plus, like I said, my older all-seasons are cracked and balding.
Im not going to drive through the winter on my yokohamas either. That'd be just stupid.

Why dont you just be quiet now, since you have no idea what youre talking about. Either way, what I choose to spend my money on is exactly that. I certainly dont care what you, specifically, have to say, since youre new to the game.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:34 PM   #18
G-M-W
2nd Gear

Ya this guy is retarded. Driving in the snow sucks. I think I might get some snow tires this winter. I remember last winter sliding all over the place, and sometimes getting stuck at stop signs. My tires would just spin and id go nowhere. Good buy pdigg's
G-M-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 05:19 PM   #19
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
waste of money. rather buy something else that you need. tired are the last thing.

hey dude, what connects your car to the road

my car rides on rubber (assuming yours does too) hence tires are a VERY important of performance, safety, etc.

i'm thinking of gettin a set of snow tires on the steelies as well, esp. seeing the tires on em now are quite bald (whoops)
Old 10-16-2004, 07:55 PM   #20
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Nah dude. Ive thought about it, but dont think I could stand the road noise, on the highway.

Im always amazed at the amount of snow that you get over there. I forget that it does do that. [/b]

Yeah, I'm in the 'mountains' (mile high elevation). There are NO flat roads in my area. Everything is either up or down, left or right, so traction is critical. My house is actually built into a hill. The backside of the house is underground. The bottom level/garage is called a 'walk-in basement', if that tells you anything.

I can get by in the snow 90% of the time without chaining-up, but freezing snow and black ice will kill you, literally.

Anyway, I have a feeling these P3000's are gonna be an improvement over the Yokes I've been running, judging by the comments others have made.

The pic at 'Discount' doesn't really do them justice. They are MUCH more gnarly in real life. Here's a pic from another site...

Old 10-16-2004, 08:03 PM   #21
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by G-M-W
I remember last winter sliding all over the place, and sometimes getting stuck at stop signs. My tires would just spin and id go nowhere. Good buy pdigg's

When the weather is bad here, in the winter, I carry a bag of 'playground sand' with me. You can get it at Home Depot, et cetera. When you get stuck, you wouldn't believe how much traction you can get by throwing a handful of sand under your drive wheels. This will usually get you going, then it's back to slip 'n' slide, until you stop again. Then, more sand...

After about 10 times of doing this, it's time to chain-up!
Old 10-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well this winter the teg has some snow tires. never drove them in the winter, but the best damn traction i got in the winter time were my hankook ventus hr 2's. the car drove like on rails with them. and also they are awesome on ice. pretty damn impressed for a z rated tire. hell the best upgrade for the winter would be awd

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #23
soundspeed

For those of us who have to drive our cars in the winter, why not spend the money on snow tires, they can make a huge difference. I've been running snow's for 4 winters now and can say from experience that they make a huge difference. The only thing you need to worry about are the people in shitty cars that don't care about them runing into yours. good call on the tires Pdigg

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:26 AM   #24
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:

i'm not done...are you fucking kidding me?
Jesus man..it's not just that easy as, oh just slow down..yeah cause we just got over a foot of snow in one night. Driving slow doesn't cut it. You need the tires. When was the last tiem remind me when you drove in more then a foot of snow with freezing rain before that?

Good purchace pat. I give ya two thumbs way up

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
your opinion is uneducated therefore invalid, now try again.

Exactly!

Quote:

the smart thing to do is to chain those tires up and yet you still dont. waste of money on tires and still no chain up. thats a real waste of money that couldve gone to your performance parts.

I didn't know asses could talk. Now shut your asshole up and quit talking out of your ass and get the fuck out of this thread!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #25
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Quote:

Now, i dont post on honda forums much anymore at all, but ill make an exception for you and go ahead and say it: youre a fucking douche nozzle. 40$ gone, and you bitch at him. Youre from california and have no idea what snow even is. tires = performance.

Maybe youll make the connection when Paul Walker puts some Super Swampers on his GTR with half of a drivetrain. Cause everyone knows tires arent important, ass.

And if you doubt me, ask any veterans on here, I knew more about cars as a 17 year old than you , easily.

BTW, check my sig.

Last edited by Shaved &/or Laid : 11-12-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Shaved &/or Laid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #26
JDMFantasy2k

yeah we just got a couple inches of snow today in ct so it's time for me to lose the motegi's

so now that i'm going back to the stockers i've decided to pick up a set of snow tires. Any you guys would reccommend? How are your new tires working out Pat?
Old 11-13-2004, 10:45 AM   #27
pdiggitydogg

It hasnt snowed here yet so Im still sportin the rotas
Old 11-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #28
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

We got outself a shit load of snow..about over a foot in one fall. Then it kept snowing for like a week..we were up to like 2 feet..i had over that in my front yard..then it got nice..and all melted bwahaha

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:00 PM   #29
pdiggitydogg

holy crap...thats ridiculous for just 1 week, so early in the season.

I am NOT looking forward to this