::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2002, 03:27 AM   #1
drdingo21

Various Questions

I just got rearended last saturday in my 94 honda civic. And well im gonna make the move over to customizing my car. The car was orginaly bought as my winterbeater last year because i was into the truck scene but i wanna sell my s-10 and get a full size, so in the mean time im gonna concatrate on my honda. Ok now that i have my history out of the way on with the questions.
The body kit i was looking at was a type blitz from here. Im also gonna get an exhast system but i kinda don't want the 3 inch outlet and yet i wanna gain power, any suggestions?
Also going with a short throw shifter, and a dash kit and i need to know where is the best place to buy this stuff cheap and reliable.
I have 2500 to work with from the insurance and i figured 700 for the kit and i will need new rear quator panels and a trunk, the rear bumper i will get in the kit. I was planning on setting a 1000 aside for the paint. Also i was looking around ebay and seen a trunk flip kit is this simple to do? Any ideas are welcome
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 07:13 AM   #2
XdiscontensionX

if you don't want a 3" tip, go w/ the Thermal R&D Classic cat-back. it's all SS and it's got dual tips instead of one big one. i noticed a significant power gain and it actually sounds quite beefy. i've also got a link for super cheap body parts at home. i'll post ASAP.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:02 PM   #3
drdingo21

Thanks alot! I found the how-to part of the froum for the trunk thing. Anyone have any comments on the body kit?

*edit* I was reading through the forum and i stumbled on the the hand layed fiber glass and poly utherane post. I called the company and they said that the kit is not hand layed but it some special blend and its very flexible and won't break, so i then i asked if it will move during driving and he said it might a little and that all fiberglass kits are gonna move while driving. Is this true?

Last edited by drdingo21 : 08-30-2002 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:52 PM   #4
drdingo21

cmon guys the check will be here in like 4 days!
Old 09-06-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
drdingo21

anyone else?
Old 09-09-2002, 01:08 PM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Sounds like a good plan to me..
Old 09-09-2002, 09:13 PM   #7
mikeperrette

Hey I found a company in california that is pretty cheap and very reliable. I got the short shifter for my 95 civic for like 30 dollors.Also I got tyc tail lights and headlights for cheap to cant remember how much. Check it out might be helpful.

Splittingimagez.com
http://www.splittingimagez.com
Old 09-09-2002, 09:31 PM   #8
drdingo21

thanks guy! I found a nice site www.procarparts.com And i just ordered my body kit. Got a black widow I. Also for the exhast i just got a raven from midas... with a 4.25 inch tip (doesn't look too bad) Thanks again for the help