::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2002, 12:01 PM   #1
quik

Me vs #%&*@ prelude wussy

Saturday I swung by my local CVS. On my way out of the parking lot a riced out prelude (blacked out altezzzesses!!!) pulls behind me. I was cruisen in the wife's Durango R/T, so I thought I would show off a little and gunned it turning left out of the parking lot. Well, altezzaman fallows and catches up pretty quikly. As we're coming up to the next light it turns RED!! YESSS! As soon as I got to the light (he got there first) I got ready to launch and the light immediately turns GREEN! CRAP, NO TIME TO REV ON EM' . So I take off, and he does NOTHING!!! I pulled a bus length on em' by the time I hit 40mph!!! After that he wouldn't even catch back up to me, except for his RICER FLY-BY when I stopped to turn left a few lights later.

5.9L INTIMIDATION = 0WEN3D RICER PRELUDE .

Quik
Old 08-12-2002, 12:06 PM   #2
ShEaNy

aha nice...sounds like ya gave that guy a good scare....those durangos are quick..my uncle has one...so much torque..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
Violent Apathy

AHAHAH!!! AT LAST ANOTHER PERSON ON THIS BOARD EXPERIENCES THE POWER OF THE ALMIGHTY DURANGO!!!!!

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:58 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Just out of curiousity, did he know you were racing? I'm not saying the R/T Durango is slow, but it takes two to drag race.

Next time try to refrain from titles like this. You might offend someone.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:44 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah... i jumped on this. ive yet to find a SUV that will even give me a run for my money.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 05:02 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Just for reference in this topic. You didn't say what year/model so I listed two.

1999 Prelude Coupe
Weight: 2954 lbs.
Base Number of Cylinders: 4
Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 200hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 156ft-lbs. @ 5250 rpm
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.5 sec.

1999 Prelude SH
Weight: 3042 lbs.
Base Engine Size: 2.2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4
Horsepower: 200hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 156ft-lbs. @ 5250 rpm
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.5 sec.

2002 Durango R/T
Weight: 4726 lbs
Base Engine Size: 5.9 liters
Base Engine Type: V8
Horsepower: 245hp @ 4000 rpm
Torque: 335ft-lbs: @ 3200 rpm
Old 08-13-2002, 12:07 AM   #7
toykilla

sounds like the guy wasnt racing...
Old 08-13-2002, 08:36 AM   #8
quik

That's my point, he wouldn't race me. After I floored it out of the CVS parking lot, he made an effort to catch back up with me. So, why didn't he race me at the light? And why wouldn't he catch back up with me after the light?

I haven't been beat by a ricer yet in that durango. Now, take into consideration that...

Torque braking + AWD + 355 ft/lb of torque = MADD LAUNCHING POWAZZ!

And, since I usually only drive it around town all the races I've experience are short runs up to about 50 mph. I have a feeling that anything past that I would be toast vs a VTEC engine. I wanted to race that guy cause I figured he COULD beat me, unless he really screwed up his launch.

Oh, and sorry if I offended any of you pre-lude guys with the title. I have mucho respect for the lude .

Quik
Old 08-13-2002, 08:57 AM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by quik
That's my point, he wouldn't race me.
Not much of a kill then.

Quote:
After I floored it out of the CVS parking lot, he made an effort to catch back up with me. So, why didn't he race me at the light? And why wouldn't he catch back up with me after the light?

Maybe didn't feel like racing. Maybe he didn't 'catch' up. He could jsut be a fast driver. I know I am.

Quote:
I haven't been beat by a ricer yet in that durango. Now, take into consideration that...

Torque braking + AWD + 355 ft/lb of torque = MADD LAUNCHING POWAZZ!
Well you said it. Ricer doesn't equal racer. There aren't many fast ricers.

Quote:
And, since I usually only drive it around town all the races I've experience are short runs up to about 50 mph. I have a feeling that anything past that I would be toast vs a VTEC engine. I wanted to race that guy cause I figured he COULD beat me, unless he really screwed up his launch.
It may be an R/T, but its still alot heavier. Granted 355 ft/lb of torque is good. If anything you would pull ahead on the start, but probably still fall behind in the end. You may have 4WD, but that does also take more power to move.

This isn't directed just at you, but VTEC is not some almighty power. I mean damn it helps, but its not some instant can of whoop ass that makes some enormous power. Argh. I need to go vent somewhere.:o
Old 08-13-2002, 09:21 AM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

prelude 14.7lbs per hp

durango 19.3lbs per hp

th durango is a truck that can tow, not race... the gearing on the durango is for power, not speed. im sure its a quick SUV, but its no race car. BTW what year prelude was it? was it a newer one? or a older one(like mine) and if it was like mine, what color.. maybe is was a S (f22 engine)

Old 08-13-2002, 09:31 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: Me vs #%&*@ prelude wussy

Quote:
As we're coming up to the next light it turns RED!! YESSS! As soon as I got to the light (he got there first) I got ready to launch and the light immediately turns GREEN! CRAP, NO TIME TO REV ON EM' . So I take off, and he does NOTHING!!! I pulled a bus length on em' by the time I hit 40mph!!! After that he wouldn't even catch back up to me, except for his RICER FLY-BY when I stopped to turn left a few lights later.

that sounds like what i do when some ricer trys to race me. he takes off, i just drive causaly and pass him when he goes to make a turn. your not looking at it from both sides. he may have just been driving. i know i dont go out to race when im on the road. and expecialy if i know i cant loose.

Old 08-13-2002, 12:51 PM   #12
quik

1. 5th gen 200 hp model. Color? Light blue.
2. Not a kill, just venting that someone, who could have given me a run for my money, didn't race me.

Quik
Old 08-13-2002, 09:52 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
someone, who could have given me a run for my money, didn't race me.

and what's wrong with that ? i turn a lot of races down too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 07:24 AM   #14
quik

There's nothing wrong with turning down a race. I was just ticked that he didn't race me at the light after flooring it to catch up with me leaving the parking lot.

If you call someone out, which that's what he did, then don't back down when they call your bluff .

Quik
Old 08-14-2002, 07:34 AM   #15
quik

Old 08-14-2002, 07:45 AM   #16
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ever thought he was just enjoying the speed of his car? i hoestly wouldnt have rev'ed on a SUV if i was looking for a race. if i was doing it, i was doing it for the pure adrenellin rush.if you where in a car that was at least looking fast, then it would be different if he backed down.

Old 08-16-2002, 03:03 AM   #17
gixer

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with turning down a race. I was just ticked that he didn't race me at the light after flooring it to catch up with me leaving the parking lot.

If you call someone out, which that's what he did, then don't back down when they call your bluff .

Quik

ive had a few cocky suvs on dubs roll up to me, rev and floor off as if instigating a race, when that happens i automatically give my car some gas and proceed follow, when i near, something clicks in my head as if saying "what the f*ck am i gonna get out of racing this dumbass, im obviously faster" so i let off, slow down, look forward and drive home...

has it ever ocurred to you that that might of happened?... cuz i feel that way every day...
Old 08-16-2002, 07:31 AM   #18
XdiscontensionX

i agree, gixer. i don't have a fast car AT ALL, but i've only ever raced one SUV (and yes, it was b/c i knew i'd win). i was on my way to work one day and this lady in a nissan pathfinder made a point of squealing her tires at every single light and accelerating as quickly as possible to get to the next one. i really didn't see the point of doing this at 6:30 in the morning, so at the last light i toasted her. then the road dropped to one lane b/c of construction and i slowed WAAAAYYYYYYYY down. i know it wasn't very nice of me to do that, but sometimes i just have to be a pass-hole.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:00 PM   #19
quik

Gixer, I got nothing on ya, but I wouldn't back down from you either.

This guy challenged then back down.:o

Quik
Old 08-17-2002, 11:22 AM   #20
gixer

Quote:
Gixer, I got nothing on ya, but I wouldn't back down from you either.

did he back down or was he just driving fast... it sounds to me as if you're the instigator..
Old 08-21-2002, 04:07 PM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer

did he back down or was he just driving fast... it sounds to me as if you're the instigator..
your on my same thought line.

BTW i see ya got a prelude. i know its no supra or s2k.. but good choice

Old 08-21-2002, 06:00 PM   #22
gixer

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude

BTW i see ya got a prelude. i know its no supra or s2k.. but good choice

ive had it for like 6 years now...ever since my tires went bald and my radiator busted, i stuck with the supra... but it's obvious i couldn't afford a bike, truck, supra, AND prelude... i was one of those "low income, high finance" dudes...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:48 PM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
"low income, high finance" dudes...
Yeah I can relate to that one. Only I never had a Supra.