::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2002, 02:23 AM   #1
VieT916

GReddy FMIC ?'s

Summer's here and really killing my engine's power -- 1997 Honda Civic EX. I'm planning on getting a GReddy FMIC, but I don't know which one would be good enough for me. With the addition of a dual-stage EBC, I only plan on running 5 psi for daily driving and occassionally bumping it up to 7 or 8 psi when needed. I'd love to get the big Type 24 but heard you have to cut the front bumper support (and it's also a little pricey for me). My other choice is the slighly shorter Type 31; would the Type 31 be sufficient enough for my needs? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

yes, type 31 is will be sufficient. the cooling effect of type 31 and 24 is really about the same. the problem with type 24 is the freaking piping. it's ugly and too long with "U" shape all over the place. i kind of wish i bought the type 24 cuz the piping is shorter and the look is more appealing. e-mail X-bird. he has a groupbuy going on with a spearco looking FMIC.
this is FMIC type31:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (27.8 KB, 35 views)

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 05:47 PM   #3
VieT916

So the Type 31 is a straight bolt-on even for '96-2000 Civics, right? I wouldn't have to remove the front bumper bracket or anything? What about modding the bumper? I know with the Type 24 you have to mod the front bumper a little. And the pipes line up fine and everything? I'm just trying to get an idea of what I might need to do before actually doing it. Thanks.

And how's the MBC working out for you? I'm thinking of getting either the TurboXS dual stage MBC or an A'PEXi AVC-R (if I can afford it ... so much money, haha).

Thanks again.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:58 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

i only have one word for the TurboXS sMBC.........awesome! it'll make the turbo spool up quicker. i do not know why it took me this long to get one. now my car pulls up quicker and daym!......a sweet spot between 4200-5000 revs!

as far as the FMIC type31, it's all good. it fits ok. i had to hammer in a piece of the passenger side frame. it was really simple and took me only about 1 hour to install the FMIC kit. get the new GReddy FMIC. i saw it and it's really nice. i do not know what they call it but the pipe goes around the other side. the FMIC look sweeter than type31. i think GReddy plans on discontinuing the type31 style noe anyway. goodluck and keep us posted man!

BTW, the FMIC installation is posted on the "step by step" forum. i posted it

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 12:17 AM   #5
VieT916

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it a lot. So anyway, I went ahead and purchased the Type 31 FMIC kit but was informed that it's on backorder for like four to six weeks, which obviously really sucks. I heard the same thing over at honda-tech.com, though, so hopefully it'll come before my fall semester starts. Thanks again!