::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2003, 06:54 PM   #1
kilo97civic

1997 civic ex ported and polished head

i have a 1997 civic ex and i want to buy a head and get it ported and polished because i cant be without my car for that long...
What would be a good price on a good head from the junkyard or a site and what would i tell the people to do who are porting and polishing the head?? One more thing...Would it be a good investment??? Would i have to do anything else along with that?? here is my list of current mods

header
full exhaust
plugs and wires
cai
msd ign
msd blaster
msd distr
short shift
Old 05-25-2003, 07:22 PM   #2
AzCivic

a head in good shape should be about $200 bucks or so. its a good investment if you have an upgraded cam installed at the same time. Or better yet just get a head/cam combo from a shop and then send yours back as a core. http://www.exospeed.com/engine/dseriesheadpackage.htm

Its alot of money though, so whether or not its worth it I guess would be based on what your end goal is. If its all-motor then its your only real option to add power(besides raising the compression). If your end goal is forced induction then the money would be better spent on something else like internals or the turbo kit.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:19 PM   #3
kilo97civic

ok so if i do find a good head what would i tell the people that are going to polish it?? I really dont know that much about internals, just the bolt on crap...so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated...
Old 05-25-2003, 10:27 PM   #4
AzCivic

if its a good shop they should already know what to do, and will ask you questions on what your plans are with the car.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #5
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by kilo97civic
ok so if i do find a good head what would i tell the people that are going to polish it?? I really dont know that much about internals, just the bolt on crap...so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated...

ive run nitrous for two years in the 98 version of your car NO problems..

$500 = 60 hp and hella lots of troque
Old 05-26-2003, 11:14 AM   #6
kilo97civic

yeah nos would be cool but i want the power there all the time...and there isnt any place around here to fill the bottles...thats a 2 hour drive...