.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
GirlSolRacer

For the girls who represent

Do any of you girls here do your own work on your cars? Do any of you race your car? And I'm not talking about when you are at a redlight and push the gas pedal 'really hard' just to beat granny next to you. Do any of you race at the track? Just curious. I'm just getting tired of seeing this young girls just outta high school with a new car courtesy of Daddy, who think they can drive and know things about cars. I would have loved if my daddy had bought me a new car and paid for my insurance. I'm all for learning things, and you have to start somewhere. But those girls who drive around in an automatic civic, with the big fluffy steering wheel cover, at factory height, with pepto bismal pink flames down the side, are really getting on my nerves! I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, I'm not meaning too. And I'm not saying that everyone with a fluffy steering wheel cover also has a fluffy head, it's just I see this around here all the time. I have girls who see my car, rev a little and try to pretend they are fast, to get next to me at a redlight. then they see that I am a girl driving it, and they give the the "what a *****" look. Huh? and those guys out there who get used to these kinds of chicks, when they do talk to me, they ask, "is that your boyfriend's car?" or if Robert is around, they will only ask him questions about the car. HELLO! I know more about my car, and probably his too! Sorry to go on so much, but that's just getting old. There are lots of girls out there who know their stuff just as much, or more, than guys out there/
Old 08-19-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
GirlSolRacer

okay, so, um none of you like to work on your cars?
Old 08-19-2003, 08:54 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

I always get asked if that's my girlfiend's car

well i always thought that you needed to push hondas a little harder to beat the granny next to you in her park avenue

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:13 PM   #4
BlackWolf
La Loba Loca

I used to and still do work on my cars. I also got the "is that your boyfriend's car?" question alot too. My ex used to build and race Celica's at the quarter back in the day, work at a dealership, had me help with his cars and his friend's project cars, so I know what you're talking about. I've always been a tomboy and always hung out with the guys to talk shop because all the girls I knew had nothing really interesting to say/do. They only wanted to go to the mall, buy pink fluffy stuff and didn't even want to pump their own gas because they might break a nail. Now I'm not saying I can rebuild a motor and major things like that but I do most of my own repairs & maintenance myself. Alot of guys are still sadly influenced by the pink fluffy syndrome and will argue that you don't know what you're talking about. I DO know what I'm talking about! In other words, I feel your pain, girlfriend.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #5
GirlRacer

I do, there used to be some pics up of me under my car in the photo gallery-dunno if they're still there. Might be a couple pages back.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:05 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

GirlRacer Represent
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
spoogenet

You go girlfriend!

The funny thing about the stereotype is that a lot of the guys don't know what they're talking about either, or know much about their own cars.

Now I'm the first to admit I don't know jack, but I hear so many people just BS'ing about stuff where it's obvious they know far less than I....they're all guys. I never hear a girl say anything about cars unless she knows what she's talking about. Well, ok, except for this one time, at ba.....

b
Old 09-08-2003, 02:54 PM   #8
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
GirlRacer Represent

LOL, thank you P!

I've got a few new that I need to post or have posted, but they're engine work pics. I pulled my old one and was swapping some parts over from it to the new engine.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:38 AM   #9
CivicChick

whats up everyone It is nice to see girls that are into cars here! We need more girls that are into this type of stuff! Well, I am originally from RI, now living In St Augustine FL.. I put some pics up of my car under Photo Exchange.. If you are interested check them out and let me know what you think Hopefully getting a bodykit soon!!!! LoL Ok I'm out
Old 09-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #10
SeoulJaGirl

i wish i knew what i was doing with my car. i try to do as much as i can by myself, but i'm still learning.
i hate those kids who have their cars handed to them by their parents and then don't even respect or care for their cars...
~sigh~ i need to find some people out here to educate me
Old 09-20-2003, 01:49 PM   #11
CivicChick

What up girl.. I hear that on the parent's buyin the kids their car, or not worrying about car payments cause they have mommy & daddy.. Well to tell you the truth NOT ME!! LoL Everything that I have is earned by me.. I bought not anyone else... I am really proud of that fact cause I can say that I bought my car myself!! Anyways I am alittle educated on the car stuff if you need any help with anything let me know I will try to help you out as much as possible
Old 09-23-2003, 07:05 AM   #12
Civgrl01

i havent yet done work on my car....whewn my hubby starts work on his car then i going to get down and dirty....