::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2002, 08:09 AM   #1
MacRulzMan

Accord Interior Modifications

How feasible is it to change the interior color of my Accord? My current colors are a brownish-gold exterior paint job and the interior is burgandy, and I would like to change both. I figure a nice paint job on the outside would be about $1500 or so (I just want it painted black) and I'm open to suggestions on interior modifications.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:37 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

for interior go black and white. they look the dopest. you can die the door panels, the dash, the carpeting but i don't know about the seats

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 01:20 PM   #3
Maxvla

exterior - black
interior - red

that would look awesome.

expect to pay at least 1500 for a good paint job... or more.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:30 PM   #4
azn_nite_ryder

it all depends on how you're gonna reupholster the interior... as for me.. as we speak... they are putting in white leather and dying my dash/doors....

for paint.. as some say at least 1500 but thats not even gonna cover the hood, doors, and inside trunk panel..... usually for all that with a nice base clear paint (total show car finish) you're looking to now at least 2000..... these prices are in canadian of course
Old 03-12-2002, 04:33 PM   #5
burtoperson

i'm in the same boat pretty much. one thing i'm trying to do is install my own head unit i can't get the crappy thing out. any help wouls be really apreciated thanks.
Old 03-12-2002, 05:19 PM   #6
MacRulzMan

Burto, by that do you mean car stereo head? If so, that's pretty simple. I can post instructions if needed.

As for the mods, my current interior is burgandy (which I suppose you could call red) and I'd like to move away from the red side of the spectrum. Any other color suggestions?

As for price, mine are in $US, so $1500US would be ~$2370CDN (right?)

How much do you think it would cost to redo the interior, upholstery and all?
Old 03-12-2002, 07:22 PM   #7
Jaguar

Man oh man I am sorry you guys have to pay so much for a good paint job on the exterior of a car. I have a friend who owns a body shop and I can supply the paint cuz I work at a parts store and I can mix my own paint. On the interior color I would go blue/black and for the exterior I would go black with some blue metalic flakes but anyways..lol...Black and Blue are my two favorite colors so what can I say
Old 03-12-2002, 08:45 PM   #8
Maxvla

90-93 accord stereo removal
take the shifter console off and take out the ash tray. there are little screws under there that secure the front plate. take those out and it should come out pretty easily. if not... get the flat head screwdriver handy and just pry it out and try not to break anything! .
Old 03-12-2002, 09:06 PM   #9
onebad90accord

my car is black on the outside and i am starting to paint it red and black on the inside...I started with the dash. I just took it apart and spray painted it. I just bought a scanner so i will post pics when i get it installed....
Old 03-12-2002, 09:20 PM   #10
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by onebad90accord
my car is black on the outside and i am starting to paint it red and black on the inside...I started with the dash. I just took it apart and spray painted it. I just bought a scanner so i will post pics when i get it installed....

sounds like a fun project. what are you painting red and what black?
Old 03-13-2002, 09:00 PM   #11
onebad90accord

I painted part of the dash red and left the stock black. I am gonna cover it in vinal later but for now it looks cool....I am also gonna paint some more soon just need the time...I think i am gonna try and dye all my fabric with the dyes from wal mart or something...I dont know...my friend says that on a truck show he watched they just spray painted the fabric...who know....but I know all the outside is gonna stay black and maybe make my engine black and red also....
Old 03-14-2002, 12:35 AM   #12
burtoperson

MacRuLz could you post some more detailed instruactions on how to get the head stereo unit out. Maxvla's were good but i'd like more detail..thanks.. in my 91' the interior is a dark blue but it depends how you look at it it can look lighter blue with a really dark blue dash and everything...it's a pretty good color.if you paint your car black or blue.
Old 03-14-2002, 03:44 AM   #13
Maxvla

burto... check out crutchfield.com they have carsheets or something like that that detail how to do this. they are free or cheap. just get some of those.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #14
HeartbreakerP

Can you do any dashboard conversions with a 4th gen Accord?
Old 03-14-2002, 02:25 PM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartbreakerP
Can you do any dashboard conversions with a 4th gen Accord?

yeahj swap them from a 93 to a 90 and viceversa

Old 03-14-2002, 09:33 PM   #16
HeartbreakerP

I'm referring to something totally different, yet, cost effect.
Old 03-15-2002, 02:14 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i would try to find a dash from a 93 Accord SE. it looks way different than the regular 4gen accord dashes.

Old 03-15-2002, 08:06 PM   #18
Maxvla

hmm... any pics available on that dash hondamaniac?
i didnt know that.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:12 AM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

no. i just drove one a few months ago and the dash was something like the 6th gen combined with the 4th gen