::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2002, 09:33 PM   #1
AlexDX

Sports Mode & Swap questions

Hello all of you! I found this forum and figured this would be a great place to find the answers to a few questions, many of you seem to know a lot. Anyways, I'm driving a 1990 DX sedan, automatic, all stock except for the sound system. It has a sports mode clicker, and I use it often because it allows me to get the RPMs up. Sometime in the future I'd like to get the H22a swap done, but I'm not sure if the h22 computer would allow for 'sports mode' function? My car needs to also be practical so I like the option of having standard shifts as well 'sports mode'. Thanks to all who reply.

Alex C
Old 03-10-2002, 09:37 PM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

first off welcome to the board... you 'll find this board very useful and fun.....

as for the prelude engines.. i dont think they have this "sport mode" thingy your talking about.... i think what you are reffer to is over drive.. i could be wrong tho.....
as for an automatic with that swap you'll be ok but it would be ideal if you spent a lil more and get a 5 spd conversion done on it... if im not mistaken its only a couple hundred more for it......
Old 03-10-2002, 09:49 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

almost all the shops that will sell u the h22 engine will send u a tranny with it, and a new ECU. my reccomendation is to swap the tranny too since the accord tranny is geared for fuel savings and efficiency.

BTW: nice to make OH a majority on this board. post some more

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 12:55 PM   #4
AlexDX

What sports mode does: Normally my tranny will jump and force a shift around 3500RPM, but with sports mode, the necessary speed for shifting into 3rd, and 4th is set back about 5-10mph. The more gas I put into it, the higher I can get my RPM before it shifts.

Is the manual conversion really that inexpensive? I would really like to have that done with my swap if it is that cheap.

Thanks for the feedback guys
Old 03-11-2002, 03:19 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexDX
Is the manual conversion really that inexpensive? I would really like to have that done with my swap if it is that cheap.

Thanks for the feedback guys

i mean you will need to get new brake and clutch pedals, and a shifter. i think one of the radius arms are to be changed but i'm not sure about it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:01 PM   #6
onebad90accord

For about 2,600 you can get the tranny the engine , and the ecu...I am gonna do all three in january next year!!...Yah i have the sport switch too...Its just an overdrive..I dont use it much anyway!!