::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #1
Ex-Tdo4

Fluidyne Radiator

Supsup every1. Long time since i've been here. Looks like nothing has changed around here. I still see the same ppl. Sup Thermal how u been? Well here's the update on my Greddy Turbo Powered Civic. Im quite happy with the the results of my setup. Im boosting 8lbs and kicking some ass. Well not really kicking ass, but to me yeah! im kicking ass. For some reason, my car is pulling harder and harder everyday. I thought maybe my MBC was not accurate and i was gaining boost, when at WOT my boost guage still reads right at 8lbs. I finally beat my friends Accord with h22 JDM motor. He's running mid to low 14's, so i know im somewhere around there. I pulled on him from the start and was ahead of him by like 1 and 1/2 car lengths by the time i hit about 100mph, so im quite happy. But the unfortunate thing that happened is that my stupid plastic honda radiator has busted at the top seal where it's plastic there. I've invested my money into a Fluidyne Radiator which cools down my car any where from 20 to 30% cooler than stock OEM radiators. They are pretty badass and made for aluminum... so no busting anymore. I will receive it probably by next Wednesday, so i'll update you guys on how that goes. But i have one main question.. what fan should i use now? I know the stock fan will no longer fit because the Fluidyne is thicker than stock. I was thinking of the F.A.L fan, its pretty neat and its hella thick, but im not sure if it's a direct fit onto the radiator and if the harness is also i direct fit. Is anyone running with a Fluidyne out there? If so .. let me know what you're using as far as the fan goes. I know i can go buy a universal think fan for like 70 bucks, but then i have to spice to wires from the factory harness, so i would rather use the F.A.L. fan which fit should fit perfectly and the harnesses match up also. Well if anyone knows anything about this let me know.. thanks, see ya guys later
Old 01-16-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
Boosted3g

Heres my solution since i have a FLuidyne radiator also. On the integras you can fit a 14" puller style far in front of the radiator and in the bumper. Dont get the FAL fans they are way over priced. I got mine at Pep Boys for 80 bucks and it works great.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:09 PM   #3
Ex-Tdo4

Hey Boosted3g

sup man, how ya been? I think you have the fastest integra so far in this site. Good luck to you! Well, i have some questions that you may or may not be able to answer.

1. can you tell any difference when you installed the fluidyne? did your temp drop any?

2. I don't think i have room in front of the radiator to fit a 14" fan. Maybe a 9" will fit, but how did you wire it up? I haven't looked at it yet, but im pretty sure its like 2 or 3 wires.

3. i rather get the FAL because it plugs right up and looks like factory

4. i haven't drove my car in like 5 days!!!!!!!!!! i miss it soo much!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss hearing my BOV and hearing the turbo spool. I should be making a custom downpipe pretty soon, hopefully that'll free up some more power.

5. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT A 95 BMW M3 AUTOMATIC RUNS IN THE QUARTER??? CUZ I BEAT MY FRIEND'S.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:28 PM   #4
Boosted3g

There are only 2 wires for the fan. You can pretty easily find out which one is positive by jsut connecting them and see if the fan is turning in the correct direction. If its opposite its wires backwards.

You will definatly notice a difference when the Fluidyne is installed. Use that along with Water Wetter (you can get that at Pep Boys) and a low temp thermostat (Mugen makes a nice one) and your cooling system will be excellent. I never see the engine up to temperature unless i am stopped in traffic even in 90 degree heat.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #5
Ex-Tdo4

BOOsted3g

hey did the universal fan you buy at Pepboys fit the fluidyne with the bolt pattern? or did you have to somehow customize the fitting of the fan?