Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

LS Vtec.. should i go for it??

well been thinking i heard of guys doin it to there LS's and it works pretty well from what i heard. u think i should try it on my LS? i got a good deal on the conversion all i need is the vtec head correct?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and an ecu and some more parts that i don't know of.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
thermal
Banning Machine

We used to have a moderator here... I cant remember his name.... who wrote an article of it. Basically, he was against it. Something about oil squirters.... not too sure. I just did a search and could not find it.

On the other hand, I know a few local peeps here who has it and they like it alot. Even experienced tuners were doing it. When I was in Houston, a shop owner/tuner swapped out a totally great conditioned 99Si B16A and dropped in an LSVTEC. He dynoed 180 whp (untuned) with just I/H/E. Now, over here in Va Beach, I saw a guy did the same thing but added an SC61 turbo and dynoed over 400 whp.

I cant really tell you exactly what I feel about it since I have no actual experience.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

alright well good so far.. ya i heard its really nice but then i heard they can screw up but i dont know really how though
Old 01-13-2004, 12:09 AM   #5
RU_Teg

hey guys...I was thinking about doing the same to my car as well, well I am going to do it but I researched wat i needed to get the ls/vtec working right so i wouldnt blow my motor...I have already purchased a 2000 b16a1 complete head w/o distributor(i dont need dis. b/c the plugs do not connect onto my car) obd0 distributor and obd0 computer, aem fuel rail and type r injectors...anyways, I am keeping my ls block but changing the pistons and upgrading to je 12:1 pistons and changing the rods and rings as well and putting block guard...I am getting gsr oil and water pump b/c the ls pumps are not enough for the ls/vtec to work right...I am getting the block completely balanced so everything works together...getting skunk2 stage 2 cam shafts and skunk2 cam gears...port and polishing the head...b16 tranny b/c i dont think my ls tranny will cut it...I am getting 8lb lightened flywheel, act clutch and pressure plate...I am going to change the valve springs and retainers...hopefully this setup will work great...I know its pretty pointless to do all this work to a motor to run it in my 2nd gen. integra since it is pretty heavy but I want to be different than everyone else...everyone here goes vtec in a hatch but I would like to be the fastest all motor 2nd gen integra in the bronx, this setup will hopefully be fully done by march/april so i can get it running good and used to driving it by the summer for the races and make my money back...wish me luck...
Old 07-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #6
integra-kr

From what I know, an LS VTEC is not a good idea because of the r/s ratio (ratio of length of the connecting rod to the lenth of the piston stroke). The LS VTEC has a low ratio of 1.54:1 (ideal is 1.75:1), and the lower the ratio, the more amount of stress on the engine, making it a not as reliable car...When the r/s ratio is low, it pushes the pistons horizontally, and not vertically which puts pressure on pistons and connecting rods, as well as push the pistions through the cylinder walls...
PLUS, it isnt recommended then to rev past 6750 RPM on the stock internals of the engine, or past 7800 on a re-built bottom end...
I DO know that they recommend new camshafts, and higher compression pistons (10.5:1 at least)....that's all I know tho...correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:16 AM   #7
MissJDM

It's my first post on this forum so I hope that doesn't effect my response =) Anyhow, besides the VTEC head, you'll need oil lines, tap the holes (for the oil line), VTEC ecu, wires to hook up VTEC, distributor, injectors and all sesnors should match the OBD1 of the vehicle. As for as reliability goes, it's a myth to say that all frankenstein swaps are unreliable. Think about it, any heavily modified vehicle has the slight/strong potential of being unreliable. Although, I would highly, HIGHLY recommend doing more research if you plan on doing this swap on your own. Compression isn't necessarily ideal to be at least a 10.5:1 or whatever it was the previous member quoted...there are a lot of Turbo'd LSVTECs and those obviously need lower compression like 8.5:1. IMO= LS turbo > Lsvtec turbo. SO, one way or the other, anyway, hoped this helped..correct me if I'm wrong.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:37 AM   #8
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

wow such an old post. lol. I am back to consider lsvtec again. So now i can have LSVTEC Supercharged lol. I think this might be a winter project. I would have someone do it for me. He knows a shitload about hondas and also did my supercharger on my car.