::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2002, 10:25 AM   #1
VTC_CiViC

Sentra SE-R Spec V vs. Integra GS-R

My friend just got himself an '02 blue Sentra SE-R Spec V., beautiful car! Sooo.. since my friend is so confident he's gonna hand me one in his new SE-R vs. the GS-R, I figure "why not". I mean after driving the SE-R, it did leave me impressed and I was thinking I was gonna catch a beat down, but alas.. this is why ya run em'
We head out to some warehouses near my house, line up on a long stretch of road. Both cars are stock BTW, and my friend has his 220lb brother with him, i'm alone. We bring up the revs and ::BAM:: we're off!! We both get nominal wheel spin but I pul out on him, hit 2nd and i'm a good 3/4 car ahead, ring 2nd out and hit 3rd, I'm over a car on him and inching ever so slowly, top 4th when I let off I'm a good car and a half up..

We line up again... 3-2-1 GO! We're off both with some wheelspin again (BTW the SE-R comes with a factory LSD, GS-R doesn't) and again I pull maybe half a car on him from the jump. Hit 2nd and I'm inching away, hit 3rd and I've got a good car on him and I shut it down..

We stop on a small side street and chit chat, he now has a dumbfounded look on his face, I mean after all he told me how he was killing Si's and took a Type R already, and here he loses to a bone stock GS-R. So I told him to let me have his brother ride with me (I wanted absolutley no excuses), he switches and we're off to the roads again.

To make a long story short(er), each time we ran with his bro in my car it was close through 3rd gear with him having about a car length on me. Oh well, till March 15th we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'll make sure to get alot of video's when we all this the track together though.. to be continued

CLIFFS: Friend get's a new SE-R and is positive he's gonna "kill" my GS-R... I left him somewhat less than positive
Old 02-06-2002, 10:36 AM   #2
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Nice job..

Those cars are pretty.. But performance wise (motor and suspension).. they that good..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
VTC_CiViC

They're actually a very well balanced car IMO. My only really big gripes were the very vauge shifter and the brakes seemed a bit rough. Nothing out of this world though. Car handles quite well, torque is pleantyful down low and it's a flexible motor thought it's not too happy with doing alot of high rpm screaming. I'd definatley consider one if I was in the market for a new car though no doubt
Old 02-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #4
GSRwBOOST

VTC... my roommate has a SER V and he says your freind dont' know how to drive (he himself is new to hving a car with balls)... i just wish you two could race.... i'd hook you two up for a quick run....
Old 02-06-2002, 11:05 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what are the specs on the se-r ? I dunno but i would get a wrx insted of that.

Nice kills thou

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 02:05 AM   #6
phorcedaccess

Noice... and yes weight matters... I ****in weigh 290 and I can tell on the close races when I look over and have some bean pole meth users staring back at me...makes me wanna fry him up and eat him.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:18 AM   #7
slowEJ6

damn man, nice race, my friend in his WRX spanked the hell outta one of those.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:58 PM   #8
VTC_CiViC

Quote:
Originally posted by GSRwBOOST
VTC... my roommate has a SER V and he says your freind dont' know how to drive (he himself is new to hving a car with balls)... i just wish you two could race.... i'd hook you two up for a quick run....

LOL ok, as long as I get to run him in the Civic too
Old 02-15-2002, 01:17 AM   #9
3000gtvr4spd

Man that would be a killer dont make him look that bad in his new car. do you know the specs on those cars
Old 02-15-2002, 09:52 AM   #10
VTC_CiViC

2.5L DOHC 16v I-4
175hp
175lbs-tq
6500rpm redline

Weights about 2750lbs
Old 02-17-2002, 07:37 PM   #11
Incubus

The car has good power, but it's a big displacement engine so no top end, which is where honda's thrive. Car's weight is about the same as a GSR though. Those SE-R's seem to be pretty nice, I wouldn't mind checking one out, but for a new car, the horsepower is kinda lacking. I'd rather go for an RSX Type S instead. I'd prefer an Integra to anything else though.

Nice kill though!
Old 02-18-2002, 06:46 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

nice job, i always wondered how those cars performed. if i was looking for a new car, it would have to be a wrx, or the evolution when it floats over next year.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote