::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
RonHodge

R-1 Racing Seats

Has anyone installed these seats in there civic? I just placed a set on order. Just wondering how hard the install will be? By the way, it's going on a 95 civic.

Ron
Old 02-01-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
JamieS697

havent done it but want those seats how much did u pay? and let me know if the install was easy when u get them
Old 02-01-2003, 06:58 PM   #3
RonHodge

$499.95 at speedpeople.com, and that's for a set.

Ron
Old 02-01-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
JamieS697

thx
Old 02-02-2003, 11:53 PM   #5
JamieS697

is it better to get the ones with the turning dial that makes the seat go up and down or the ones were u pull the handle up and u can have it exactly how u want it?
Old 02-10-2003, 05:13 PM   #6
eviljayr

i personally hate turning dial only seats. Ive seen both turning dial for micro adjust and the pull handle for whatnot. But I like kickin it in my car and its nice to just pull n drop.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:00 PM   #7
eviljayr

my cousin said you should save up for some good qual momo's if your gonna put out 5 bills for r1s. he says theyd be off-brand.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:44 AM   #8
Importrepairguy

R1 Seat Install

I had the displeasure of installing a set for a customer. Be forwarned, They will come w/ nothing to attatch them to your floorpan. They wil have sliders attatched. Then you will have to purchase a set of floor mounting plates from either Sparco or Momo and they will not fit. You are required to weld some steel plates over the floor mounts to closen the gap between the slider bolt pattrn on the seats. This will be obvious when you get them.
I HIGHLY reccomend the welding be done by a proffesional, If your seat were to come loose or shift while driving an accident would most likely ensue, or perhaps if in an accident and your seat comes loose from the floor, those are things best not to think about! So do the responsible thing. Other that my coment are: The reclining mechanism is Junk, plastic w/ thin metal wil not last long, slider mechanism is typical of design w/ Sparco etc. the matrial I thought was very durable and the seaming was good.
My final Opinion is Save your money and buy the better quality products available.