::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2002, 02:53 AM   #1
diligent_dave

I got beat twice, make that three times

I'll abbreviate most of the night and just post the races...

Coming home and have my friend Jesse and his sister in my truck. A dakota that I had passed a little while back is now beside me. It's a yummy new body style Sport with the V6. I notice he has a K&N sticker on his back window. So I know this truck was at least 'lightly' modified. We mess around a bit on the highway and then coming into town we have a red. We both know what's up. I raise my rpm a little. Red cherry drops to green apple and I let out the clutch and await my death sentence. To my surprise we are pretty close through first and second. But when I got into third he started walkin'....

About to go find something to do for the night, I am in my truck Jesse is in his with a female friend. We've raced many times so I knew what would happen. Light turns green and I pull a few feet in first but then second gear comes along. It's not just a different story, it's a different book. His truck all but rapes mine. But I'm not mad, he has a slightly lighter truck and about 50 more horsepower. Keeping in mind I only have 100 horsepower. It wasn't much of a race...

Later in the night I am following my friend Vincent to his house. He has a 92 Accord. We are traveling fairly fast, about 90, and he hits the gas and starts getting football fields away from me. His car has no problem doin' 110 and above but my poor truck cannot overcome the wind resistance above 97.

You don't have to tell me that my truck is slow. Cuz' believe me, I already know.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

92 Accords rule

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:09 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice stories Dave

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 04:31 PM   #4
diligent_dave

Yeah Stefan, 92 Accords oWnZ me.

With everyone posting "I beat his car, that car, and that one waaay over there" I thought I might show everyone the loser's point of view in a race.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #5
Hoss

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
well i must say you are a better man then most of us on the board... personally i haven't done alot of racing but i've never lost.. not saying my car kicks ass cause it doesn;t.. just never lost.. dunno why

I gotta say I agree with you...

I race alot at the track alot and I've only been killed by one car there and it was a Acura Integra, damn that thing was fast
Old 01-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave
Yeah Stefan, 92 Accords oWnZ me.

With everyone posting "I beat his car, that car, and that one waaay over there" I thought I might show everyone the loser's point of view in a race.

just one question... why do you have a truck? You need one for work or something? Or you enjoy driking pickups??
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:02 AM   #7
SiSpeed2000

all i gotta say is ya win some and ya lose some...
Old 01-29-2002, 03:33 PM   #8
diligent_dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord Man

just one question... why do you have a truck? You need one for work or something? Or you enjoy driking pickups??

I have a truck because I have a truck. Seriously though, I had to haul off stuff occasionally and I bought this thing. But now I don't really have a need for a truck so once I can get the damage from this accident fixed I'm gonna see if I can sell it. I don't like peeps that don't know how to drive...
Old 01-29-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Quote:
Originally posted by diligent_dave

I have a truck because I have a truck. Seriously though, I had to haul off stuff occasionally and I bought this thing. But now I don't really have a need for a truck so once I can get the damage from this accident fixed I'm gonna see if I can sell it. I don't like peeps that don't know how to drive...

I feel your pain.. I was once hit by some idiot..

Hope everything works out for.. And you end with the car you want!
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #10
diligent_dave

Yeah I hope it works out too, I hope that I don't have to end up suin' this bia. As for the car I jus' want an H/A or some kind of import, like a WRX or somethin'. Don't think I'll be able to afford a WRX though. I'll prolly get a civic or 4th gen wit ha H22A swap. I've seen a few for sale....