::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2001, 08:38 AM   #1
GSRwBOOST

Saleen goes down!

sorry for the formatting but I cut and pasted my kill from another board.

I was cruising home tonight from my very perfect date with a beautiful girl from Tiawan. I dropped her off and just as I get
close to home... I spot a Saleen mustang roll off the freeway. (not this latest generation, but the one just before it.. 97-98??).
I pulled up to a light with some traffic, and spotted a rice'd out 280Z, with stickers, exhaust etc... and about that time the saleen
rolls past me and gets behind the 280.. so I got behind him. I was going home tonight with at least one race under my belt.
Light drops and they cleared what traffic there was and got next to each other at the next light.

A car between them. I could hear the 280 tach'n up for the race... loud obnoxious sound, but a modded engine sound. The saleen slipped forward a little and the light went green.

Both launched, with the 280 getting mad wheel spin.. the saleen staying next to the 280.. and moved over next to him. As the race was about to get interesting, the saleen kicks the rear out a little.. and starts pulling on the 280. Totally pumped as I'm laying into the gas, staying right with them. It was at that point the 280 slowed and turned off.. and the saleen proceded to the next light.

Undaunted by the display and figureing I had a decent chance... I staged next to the driver side. Cranking the boost up to .7 bar...

I revved my engine and looked over at the driver.. a young looking guy who returned the look. No sooner did he return the look, he started to deep stage me.. I guess it was his way of blowing me off. So I rolled up next to him again.. and brought the revs up to 3-3500. I looked over to confirm the shit was gonna go down... and he was sooo ready.. LMAO

Light dropped and I pulled 1/2 on the launch... he got some wheel spin. I pulled second and smoked the tires and continued to pull on him.... I went to third at 8k and missed the shift... double clutched (another word i dont say very often) and ramed it into third...

At this point he's almost next to me again... and with the clutch fully engauged... I proceded to put on the hurting.. Top of third gear and my rear bumper was clear of his front bumper and pulling... I pulled fourth at 8k... and jammed on the breaks for the next light... a good solid length-- clear of his car.

rolled up to the light and he pulls up next to me. I looked over to give him a thumbs up... with a big shit eating grin on my face.. and what do I see? A young guy in a saleen who didn't look too happy. he would'nt look over and when the light went green, he pulled out slow.. but I pulled out a little quicker to see if he was gonna play. He didn't, so as he drives by... i downshifted one gear and jammed the gas down. built boost and with that
Turbo Mafia smile... BOV'd right next to him...

I rolled to the next light and started to turn and he turned the opposite direction I was going...

That guy sure was cocky when he ran into the 280Z, hmmmm I guess it took a forcefed honda to bring his ego down a notch or two...

"You do not know the power...of the darkside!"
Old 12-26-2001, 05:08 PM   #2
gixer

did you hear a blower?.....
Old 12-26-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
GSRwBOOST

Between the radio, exhaust, wastegate, tires screeching and my heart.... I didn't hear much... when he raced the 280, it looked like he broke em loose shifting into second or third... but in the interests of staying safe, I paid more attention to the other stuff...

I was told the only saleen's made during those years were the supercharged ones?? I was shown some pictures by a friend of various models and the one that closely mathced the one I raced was a s281....

whether or not the guy knew how to drive is another story!! oh well his loss.. ahhahhahahahahahahha
Old 12-26-2001, 08:58 PM   #4
gixer

less than 50% of saleen's are s/c'd......their blowers are very audible.......
Old 12-27-2001, 08:39 AM   #5
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Thats impressive man..

Especially if the Saleen was SC'ed..
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 09:02 AM   #6
GSRwBOOST

I have a friend in texas who has helped me out on more than one occasion and he took out a Rousch Mustang (supercharged) with his integra...

Well I saw the guy last night going the other way on this one street near Fry's Electronics, so I'm sure i'll see him again and I'll pay more attention to his car to make 100% sure....
Old 12-27-2001, 06:42 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Wow, nice kill

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 03:52 PM   #8
bret

I really doubt it was supercharged
Old 12-28-2001, 04:24 PM   #9
GSRwBOOST

Don't take this the wrong way.. but what do you drive Bret? mods?
Old 12-28-2001, 05:03 PM   #10
bret

you can see my car in modified rides under the name bret.

yes, i am financially challenged, but just because i dont have all the money in the world doesnt mean i dont know jack about cars if that is what you are implying.
Old 12-28-2001, 05:24 PM   #11
GSRwBOOST

didn't say that.. like I said.. "don't take this the wrong way"....

but your a smart guy... i figured you wouldnt take it the wrong way....
Old 12-29-2001, 02:11 AM   #12
slowEJ6

well lets see......if it was a plain ol "hi i paid too much for this stupid non sc s281" mustang then hes running more or less 14.2 (about the same as a GT)
the sc'ed version (which btw is MUCH quieter than the S351, the SC is not nearly as audible) runs a mere 13.8 in the 1/4. yes thats right. its not fast. and yes it does suffer from a lack of traction, but you'll see even car and driver didnt break 13.8, however Ford states it can hit 13.4. however still not very fast. however the fact that the S281 has 350hp is evident (oh and btw im talking about a 2000 S281 here) at higher speeds. The S281 reaches 100 mph 2.1 seconds quicker than the GT. And the dash to 130 mph is a full 13.5 seconds quicker.
so yes, its very capable he raced an SC S281.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 02:35 AM   #13
gixer

in an issue of road and track, "kings of the quarter mile" i believe, they ran an s281 s/ced to a 12.71..... impressive if you ask me.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:51 AM   #14
slowEJ6

hmm maybe with drag slicks and some traction mods.....otherwise no dice on that 12.7 for an S281.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:46 PM   #15
SiSpeed2000

sweet nice kill...
Old 01-16-2002, 10:02 PM   #16
tightteg52

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
in an issue of road and track, "kings of the quarter mile" i believe, they ran an s281 s/ced to a 12.71..... impressive if you ask me.

just had to use that one sorry got bored
Old 01-17-2002, 10:43 AM   #17
GSRwBOOST

Mag racer.. hahaahahahahahahhahahhahahah

I hate those types above all others.. LMAO
Old 01-19-2002, 08:28 PM   #18
CombatKit47

tsk...tsk..tsk nice kill:o
Old 01-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #19
McLude

Hell Yeah!

Another one for Honda. Keep slayin the Stangs, and anything else in your path with that forcefed Killer B.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #20
SiSpeed2000

Re: Hell Yeah!

Quote:
Originally posted by McLude
Another one for Honda. Keep slayin the Stangs, and anything else in your path with that forcefed Killer B.
hell yeah..........go imports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2002, 03:50 PM   #21
NOS96redcivic

Nice Kill. Anytime a domestic gets killed be an import its a good kill.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:25 AM   #22
Research

WEll man I don't want to burst your bubble or anything but you have to consider the fact that maybe what you were racing against wasn't a Saleen. I mean a real Saleen. "But it looked just like one." Lol there are some lame ass mother fu*kers out there that dress up a V6 or GT Stang to look exactly like a Saleen (graphics, rear bumper, full body kit, light covers, spoiler, and all). I have seriously seen many cars out there sporting the graphics, body kits, and/ or emblems posing their sh*t out to the gayest extreme I could ever think of. I'm not saying your race wasn't legit, but you might wanna take into consideration that it coulda been a posing GT or V6 just looking for the lady attention because it seems like most grls don't seem to know the difference anyway . Lol it's just not like every day that even a turboed Honda can take out a car like a Saleen unless your racing Bryan Spillner style on PCH against that Ferrarai with that arrogant prick in the driver's seat .
Old 01-31-2002, 05:28 PM   #23
gixer

i thought i was the only one who don't believe this kill.....a boosted 1.8liter vs. a blown 4.6..... a buddy of mine has an itr running a little over 1 bar of boost, dynoed at almost 300fwhp, ....and he still can't touch a blown saleen.....
Old 02-01-2002, 02:58 PM   #24
Incubus

I'm not saying one way or another, but he did say it wasn't the newest saleen, and also take into account the fact that the muffstain is much heavier than the Teg. People never look at weight when sizing up a car, only horsepower.

In the case of a crotch rocket, which only has maybe 100 hp, why can it smoke most cars on the road with few exceptions? Because it's LIGHT. I'm not saying Tegs are the lightest cars out there, but they are much lighter than a bloated stang!
Old 02-01-2002, 04:27 PM   #25
GSRwBOOST

yes it wasn't the newest saleens, it was an older body style... and you can give mario andretti a car with 2000whp and if he can't drive... he very well may loose.... IMHO

It's not how much hp you have... it's how you use it. Let's keep in mind that not everyone out there knows how to drive the car they have to it's max potential....
Old 02-01-2002, 06:20 PM   #26
Incubus

I most certainly agree. I am one of those people.....I granny shift and don't double clutch like I should......ok, wanted to jump on the fast and furious quote bandwagon with everyone else.

Anyway, I do kinda go easy on my car because I was always raised to take care of your things and racing isn't exactly being nice to your engine, but if it's set up correctly, then it should withstand a heavy foot