.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
Zanza

Water Logged Engine

Ok I was driving home and a street was mad flooded like 2 feet deep. I hit that sh*t hard, the entire street was flooded so from far away it appeared all flat. Stupid late night driving. So I'm treading thru it and my check engine light comes on. So I finally get it home, open the hood and steam comes out, and the smell of burning circuits. Obviously I'm thinking GREAT! It had a bad response at low rpms, and the exhuast was unconstant.

Since it was late at night I had no choice but to park it and check it in the morning. I was just hoping no water got inside my air filter. Well guess what, there was definently water in my filter. So after drying the box out, and buying a new filter.

So next was drying the distributor out with a blow dryer, the thing was pretty wet. So that is dry, and new filter, I checked the oil to make sure its not screwed. So next problem...

The car runs fine, actually even better then before *I guess the comp is reallllly goofy now*.
The engine light still won't go off. Any ideas? And how much is it gonna cost me? I think it just messed up my computer readings.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:56 PM   #2
tooslow91crx

what year is your car? the procedure for clearing CEL's is different for different versions of OBD. it could be free, it could cost somewhere around $70
Old 03-21-2003, 12:06 AM   #3
Zanza

Well problem solved lol. My car runs fine now. You know how when you buy a new car the dealer says "Don't jump start anyone, it'll mess up your computer". Well I jumped started my friend thus resetting it.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:51 PM   #4
Duckydos

Heh.. You're lucking you didn't get Water-Lock....
Old 04-19-2003, 01:18 AM   #5
HndaTch627

based on what you said you are probably one of the luckiest people i have ever seen. when it starts raining hard around here people forget how to drive. people think their cars can go thru anything never minding the filter that's sitting 2 inches from the ground. Chalk this one up to pure luck and next time i suggest driving a lil slower for conditions or you might not be so lucky