::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2003, 05:25 AM   #1
Mirkwo0dForest

i got gas...

well the Civic has seen some tough times lately especially in the last week.

this weekend my dad told me to go get sum gas in these containers and one of them didn't hav a top which i knew wuz going to be trouble.

it, of course, was the only one to tip over...

about 2 gallons of gas spilled in my trunk and seeped through the back seat and seatbelts...

the front is pretty much all cleaned up now but the whole back is still stripped out and we're still trying to get rid of the smell by shampooing and rinsing it.

it doesn't look like its going to go away anytime soon though. i hope its goon b4 my junior prom!

NEway if any of you guys hav sum suggestions PLZ feel free to share!

-thanx-
Old 05-01-2003, 09:23 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

the gas is soaked all the way through the carpeting, seats, and everything else that is permiable...youre pretty much screwed.

You can try stipping EVERYTHING out and letting is sit where it will get lots of air flow, or you can strip off the fabric and then re-soak and wash it in a big tub w/ detergent...that might get the gas out. The problem is that its inside your stuff...so its always gonna smell that way unless you can get a lot of air/water/cleaner to flow through it again and push it out...good luck...its gonna suck

edit**or you can take it to get detailed...they might be able to get the stink out...but its gonna cost ya
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:53 AM   #3
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Man, i'm sorry about that gas accident. That really has to suck man. I hope you can get that smell out man. Take pdiggitydogg's advice. He seems to really know what he's talking about. good luck man.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
Mischief(LTS)

you can buy alot of air freshner canisters and leave them open in different areas of the car personaly, id rather have the strong smell of pine or apple than the strong smell of gasoline which can make you pass out. very dangerous
Old 05-01-2003, 08:18 PM   #5
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
you can buy alot of air freshner canisters and leave them open in different areas of the car personaly, id rather have the strong smell of pine or apple than the strong smell of gasoline which can make you pass out. very dangerous

lol
Old 05-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #6
Mirkwo0dForest

yes i hav purchased $20 worth of "smell good products" and i am beginning Operation Iraqi Freedom...
no wait that wuz that other thing...
i'm sprayin gallons of shit inside and hoping it smells like strawberries and oranges instead of gas...
thanx guys
Old 05-01-2003, 08:56 PM   #7
Kyle
elyK

damn, that sucks...just light it on fire...and everything with gas will burn...then you can just replace it...not really though...everything will burn...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
Mischief(LTS)

haha, i htink thats a better idea than the air freshener idea. burn it all and have an expensive bon fire i say. just be sure to throw in some APC stuff!! its all mostly plastic so it should have nice billowy black smoke
Old 05-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #9
Mirkwo0dForest

i got nuthin APC, all cheap eBay off-brand sh!t
w00t!